Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34wks and doc says low platelets

(4 Posts)
GeegeeMum Sun 24-Aug-08 20:31:36

Hi, im 34wks in 2nd pregnancy and again been told i have low platelets. My doc says if the drop below 50k im pass the safety net. Im already at 63k and dropping. Im worried 2wks to my next apt. Any advice or anyone experinece this.

jellyrolly Sun 24-Aug-08 20:44:21

Yes I had low platelets in my last trimester with ds2. Like you probably, due to running around after fb and not taking care of yourself. Also got very worried but in the end I was absolutely fine. I took iron and tried to rest and eat and drink well.

Not wanting to dismiss anything but I think docs are sometimes extra wary these days. I worried myself stoopid about it, it's a worrying time anyway without platelets dropping all over the place. Are you taking iron?

hansnava Mon 25-Aug-08 11:15:32

my platlets dropped to 45 in first pregnancy and aparft from having to go up hospital constantly for bloodtests they didnt do ne thing else so they couldnt have been that worried about it. i have low platlets in this preegnancy (32 weeks) and asked midwife what will happen if they keep on dropping and all she said was it didnt cause a problem last time did it.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Mon 25-Aug-08 11:26:40

I had low platelets in all 3.

They fussed a bit the first time, sent notes to a haematologist, constant blood tests, continued threats of how dangerous it would be to go below 50 (although when I did they said actually it didn't matter as long as I was above 20).

The 2nd and 3rd time they just said 'oh you had this before, you must have blood that clots easily'.

3 sections. No significant blood loss.

What's your normal platelet level. I was tending to book in at around 150 so mine is low normally anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now