Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Subsequent pregnancies and head engagement???

(4 Posts)
minkersmum Fri 22-Aug-08 00:02:01

Having 3rd baby, currently approaching 37 weeks. First baby came at 37 weeks, second came at 38. This one is head down and only 2/5th palpable, anyone any experience of this and can remember how long after head down they deivered?

Can't remember with last one, only 21 mnths ago, but remember feeling head right down for a week or so??

Give me a bloody crystal ball, i hate not knowing when its going to happen!!

Ceolas Fri 22-Aug-08 00:05:28

You know the head might not engage until you're in labour? Can't remember the details of all of them but with my 4th last year, head was free on Tuesday and she was born on Thursday.

Sorry! Keep looking for the crystal ball

minkersmum Fri 22-Aug-08 00:10:44

Head is engaged! only 2/5ths palpable abdominally. Thats why i'm wondering! In subsequent pregnancies more often than not the head doesn't engage until labour starts, but with me they seem to snuggle down ( head sitting rather uncomfortably in the fango!) for a bit before hand, just can't remember exactly how long it was with last one and wondered had anyone else had similar!

minkersmum Fri 22-Aug-08 00:10:49

Head is engaged! only 2/5ths palpable abdominally. Thats why i'm wondering! In subsequent pregnancies more often than not the head doesn't engage until labour starts, but with me they seem to snuggle down ( head sitting rather uncomfortably in the fango!) for a bit before hand, just can't remember exactly how long it was with last one and wondered had anyone else had similar!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now