Talk

Advanced search

Due March 2005 Part 3

(295 Posts)
Leogaela Tue 15-Feb-05 13:13:33

..... the story so far - except that Misdee is going to jump the queue!

Preggiemum-22nd Feb-girl
girly-1st march-girl
pidge-2nd-surprise
shalaa-3rd-surprise
misdee-4th-girl
oceanmama-5th-girl
thedame71-7th-girl
popsycal-7th-surprise
jambot-10th-girl
leogaela-12th-surprise
munchkinsusie-13th-surprise
Kolakube 15th-girl
Cristina7-16th-girl
zoec-18th-girl
Babster-19th-Boy
sweeney-20th-surprise
bonym-25th-Girl

ZoeC Tue 15-Feb-05 14:04:06

Ooh - our last thread then :D

Quick update - my anaemia is under control and the midwife is going to be ringing me to bring around the birth box and discuss the home birth, which is exciting! Need to get a plastic sheet of some sort but I've already got sheets and towels etc. so should be fine.

Baby is at the brim of my pelvis - has dropped since last time so hopefully on the way to being engaged soon. Head down and anterior presentation so (fingers crossed) will stay that way. I've done the classic posterior labour and I'd like to try something different (quicker!) this time lol!

Hope everyone else is doing well - don't think it'll be many more days before we get the first baby here :D

bonym Tue 15-Feb-05 14:04:54

Hi everyone - misdee you must be so excited - can't wait to hear your birth announcement!
Pidge - we have also decided to hire a pool from Splashdown - they have said we can pick it up 3 weeks before the due date which has reassured me as I have a feeling this baby is going to be early. I have been getting intermittent period-type pains for the last few days and, like you, Leogaela, seem to be "leaking" water on occasion - not when coughing or sneezing, but when doing nothing in particular. Having said all that, it is still TOO early - as you can see by the list, I'm last one due of us all. As long as this baby can hang on in until I'm in week 37 and then I can still have my home birth!
As far as names are concerned, we decided very early on that we would have Hope but in the last couple of weeks I am wondering if it really goes with our surname (which starts with Mc). The only other name dh likes is Grace, which I also like but is quite popular these days - I really don't want baby to share her name with someone else in her class when she starts school.
Sweeny and Pidge - I also feel the same way as you in that I am finding it really hard to connect my wiggly bump with the fact that there will soon be a real live wiggly baby in my arms! It does seem strange (and a little sad) that this thread will shortly be coming to a close...

shalaa Tue 15-Feb-05 15:24:12

wow, birth announcements ahoy! I'm ready to have baby now, fed up with the bad back, hips, heartburn, ribs ect. To top it off I managed to fall over again in the middle of town, lots of people came over to see if I was ok, I was fine but god it's embarassing when that happens!!

Pidge Tue 15-Feb-05 15:49:00

shalaa - the end of pregnancy is not graceful in any way is it!!

boneym - splashdown were great with us - I was sooo embarrassed as I'd already hired a pool with them and then cancelled it when the Made in Water one became free, so I made dp phone them. It's rather last minute given my due date is now only 2 weeks away - and in the end (long story) we're going to be picking our pool up in Reading this weekend, because none of the South London agents had any free at this point. At least it should be leak-free!

I'm betting on either Girly or misdee giving us our first birth announcment. And I'm equally confident that I'll be overdue like last time. Though a woman at work today told me she was 2 weeks late with her first and 2 weeks early with her second which gave me pause for thought!

ZoeC - I'm totally with you on the desire to avoid another posterior labour. Once is enough frankly! Still finding it hard to persuade myself not to lounge in bad position on the sofa every night. Plus when I'm sleeping I keep waking up finding I've rolled onto my back. Oops!

misdee Tue 15-Feb-05 16:46:38

well i made mieow laugh today when i was hopping about after gettingout of the car at asda and bubs was lying on a nerve and made my leg and bum go numb on left side. it wasnt too painful but very uncomfortable. must have been funny to watch tho.

sorry for jumping the queue but in my defence i did start the march threads (all that time ago). cant belive its nearly time for all of us. somehow doesnt seem real just yet.

3mummy Tue 15-Feb-05 17:47:46

Preggiemum-22nd Feb-girl
girly-1st march-girl
pidge-2nd-surprise
shalaa-3rd-surprise
misdee-4th-girl
oceanmama-5th-girl
thedame71-7th-girl
popsycal-7th-surprise
jambot-10th-girl
leogaela-12th-surprise
munchkinsusie-13th-surprise
Kolakube 15th-girl
Cristina7-16th-girl
zoec-18th-girl
Babster-19th-Boy
sweeney-20th-surprise
bonym-25th-Girl
3mummy - 23rd - surprise

Had to add myself, getting excited now!

Anybody else have days when they are just completely wiped out - I fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon and woke up an hour later!? Just feel so shattered.

popsycal Tue 15-Feb-05 18:18:02

spent afternoon in hospital after being sent there by midwife cos of high bp 150/100

montiroed for a few hours and down to acceptable level

protein in urine so sent of for 'culture' to be taken

pulse slightly raised and high white blood cells - feeling lousy and think i have ear infection coming on
other bloods ok

so back home""

comm midwife has been asked to take my bp on thursday as they dont want me to wait another week........any symptoms i have to go straight back in

argh

misdee Tue 15-Feb-05 19:11:20

oh no popsycal. you've done wel to get this far tho havent you? not long left, so who will be first?

popsycal Tue 15-Feb-05 19:32:41

YOu are right misdee. I am half prepared to be induced really as this is when it really kicked in with DS......in some ways it would be easier to plan!!!!

One thing today did show though is that our families are DREADful at having their phones switched on!! DH had to come home from work and stay with DS as the three family members I am meant to contact were uncontactable and even DH's family who live over an hour away were uncontactable. Good job it wasn;t a proper emergency lol!

Hows you misdee?
And the rest of you march ladies!!!

misdee Tue 15-Feb-05 20:46:28

some people are never reachable when u need them lol. just tried calling my parents to ask them something unimportant, not at home, both mobiles are off. good job i'm not in labour lol.
i am about to go finish some jobs round the house, repaint the door where the dog scratched the paint off, sort out babies room again, and make sure kids bags are fully packed as well for monday/thursday if cancellation.

Pidge Wed 16-Feb-05 10:55:20

Oooh - popsycal - might have to add you to my list of top candidates for popping out a baby early!! You've done brilliantly to get this far really.

I am on my FIRST day of maternity leave. And what bliss. Instead of being on a train at 7.45 am I was under the duvet watching dd run around our bedroom shouting "Choo choo I'm a train". Far more civilised. She is at the childminders, and dp is on half term hols, so he and I are having a day of doing jobs whilst she is out of the house. His parents are coming round later and we're going to the cinema for a rare night out. This is the life. Feels a bit like the calm before the storm though!

bonym Wed 16-Feb-05 12:32:45

Oh Pidge - how nice that you've finished at last! I don't know how you kep going this long - I was sooo glad to finish at Christmas and the last couple of weeks particularly don't know how I would have coped if I'd had to go into work (and not been able to have my daytime naps!).
3mummy - I can sympathise as I have been feeling wiped out the last couple of days - really hope I'm not going to be like this for another 5 weeks!
Popsycal - sorry to hear you're feeling rotten and about the bp and protein - let us know how things go
Zoe - glad to hear you're no longer anaemic. Do we know how many of us have home births planned? You, Pidge and myself I know - Sweeney - were you planning home birth? Half my aquanatal class are planning hb which is way above the national average. Anyone else here?
Agree with misdee and popscal about mobile phones - dh hates them and usually has his switched off (that's when he doesn't leave it at home!) but has promised to keep it on (and with him) from now on. My parents though are even more hopeless - they have a mobile but it is for "emergencies" only so is ALWAYS switched off and, more often than not, in the glove compartment of their car. Maybe I should have a little word....
Starting to feel really positive about the birth now - dh was reading up on labour and what he can do to support me last night which has really reassured me. When I had dd with my ex, the first time he picked up a pregnancy book was when I was in labour and he was worse than useless!
Is preggiemum still around? She's due in less than a week so might beat misdee, popsycal and girly to the finishing post!

sweeney Wed 16-Feb-05 13:31:59

yeah pidge thank goodness you've stopped work! i finished jan 6th and was struggling then and i'm not going back to work either- want to be a full time mum for a good few years.
no bonym i'm not having a homebirth but we're booked into a fab hospital that promotes active natural birth and has at least one midwife per person and 2 in the last stage per person. i'm hoping for a water birth as well, they really support it there, but as i've never done it i don't know how it will feel and whether i'll like it. anyhow, i'm going for as much non medical pain relief as poss. tens, water, massage, aromatherapy breathing, breathing breathing. and of course most important being upright not flat on your back like those mad old doctors try to get you to be. makes no sense working against gravity!
we shall see. if there are serious complications then i won't live out my dream but that's what i want anyhow.......
i too have felt bad over last 2 days. my hip pain has taken a new level of agony and sleep is practically impossible.
will it really end with a baby????

Leogaela Wed 16-Feb-05 13:38:17

Hi all,

yes, 3mummy, i am also feeling completely exhausted although it has only really hit me this week.. I stayed in bed again until 11 today and just got into work...

BUt where is Girly??? Has anyone heard from her for a while?

GOod to see that you are still managing to log on Pidge even though you are now on maternity leave. I was worried that you were going to forget us! VEry nice that you can have some time together alone before the new baby arrives.

I have been telling dh htat he has to have his phone near by all the time, but quite often at work I can't get hold of him. This morning i think he realised that i am serious and promised to keep it nearby. But what is it with our parents - my mum has a mobile phone but its useless ever trying to contact her on it!

Still think I may be leaking water, I wondered if I should go to the doctor today but will see how it goes as i have an appointment on friday anyway. Bonym, have you had it checked out?

I also have no connection between the bump and the real baby that is going to appear! I guess it won't seem real until it is here!

bonym Wed 16-Feb-05 13:47:34

Leogaela - the leaking seems to have stopped in last couple of days so I will see how things go before speaking to midwife. Maybe it was just very weak pelvic floor muscles!! . Not sure how as I've been religious about doing my exercises (not!)

ZoeC Wed 16-Feb-05 14:13:26

Girly is fine last time I 'spoke' to her (yesterday I think, but I'm losing track these days ;) )

Glad you've finished now Pidge - no way could I have imagined working this close this time. I did up to 37 weeks with dd, but I finished 4th January this time, and not a moment too soon. Damn hard work I found it, looking after a 2 year old by day, working evenings AND being pg!

Glad there are some of us going for a home birth. I really do hope it is straightforward and I can avoid transferring, but what will be will be. I know I ought to be watching my posture to avoid OP again, but I can't help lolling on the settee when I'm tired! Just hope it won't matter - I've heard second time around, they can turn back easier anyhow.

(pelvic floor exercises? - oops!)

Talking of phones, dh has left his here today! He rang from work to ask me not to go into labour today! Trouble I'll have is he works at different places (service engineer) and often can't have his phone on. I'll just keep my fingers crossed I guess!

PreggieMum Wed 16-Feb-05 15:08:43

Hi all. DD1 is asleep (it's not very often she has a nap nowadays), so thought I'd log on and see how everyone is doing.

Had my pre-op appointment yesterday for c-section. All is fine, although my BP has increased a little. Caesarian has been brought forward to Monday 21st, so should have a DD2 in 5 days!!!

Hopefully not too long for all of us now.

Know exactly what you all mean regarding the emergency contact numbers. DH is in and out of meetings most days, so usually has his phone off.

Was wondering if anyone had heard from Milkybarkid. I know she was due beginning of March?

Cristina7 Wed 16-Feb-05 18:16:42

Hi all. I had my weekly hospital appt yesterday and talked to the MW about a caesarean section. Nothing final yet, but might have one on 3 weeks' time (when I'll be 39 weeks). I'll find out next week when I hope the Consultant will be there as well. My blood glucose is still high in the evenings and mornings and saw a diabetic nurse who would have suggested insulin but then talked to the registrar and they decided it's not worth it for another couple of weeks or 3 weeks as it won't make a huge difference. So now I'll be packing for a 5 day stay in hospital for a c/s. I've been going through some of the baby clothes I had for my first one and will wash everything again etc. I've cut off the labels and now I look at them and just try to guess what size they are. Some of them I remember very well.

Leogaela - I had leaking with my DS at 37+6. I was very embarrassed as it was very little and wondered if it was urine but I phoned up the hospital to check on it. They said I should get in straight away and did a swab with some special subtance on it which turned dark and told them it was amniotic fluid rather than urine. So I was kept in hospital, given antibiotics and induced. DS turned up 24 hours later at exactly 38 weeks. I don't know how typical this interventionist attitude is but I'm glad I got it checked.

I'm off work this week then back for one last week, mainly to tidy up my desk, finish a few things etc.

bonym Thu 17-Feb-05 15:02:22

Leogaela - after reading Christina's post last night I had a mild panic about the leak so rang the midwife this morning - they advised me to go into hospital which I did. They did various tests - blood, urine, took a vaginal swab, hooked me up to a monitor for 30mins and also did a scan. All seems to be fine but glad I went in for peace of mind's sake. It also meant we got 100% confirmation that we're having a girl . I think my situation is a bit different from yours though - as I understand you are still leaking? I had actually stopped. From what they said to me though, as long as you feel well in yourself (which you probably wouldn't if you had an infection) and are not getting contractions there's probably no huge urgency to rush in. I think it would also depend on the amount of leakage - they asked me if I'd had to wear a pad, which I hadn't. You have an appointment tomorrow anyway don't you? Let us know how you get on.

Preggiemum - you must be so excited that you will be seeing your baby soon! We look forward to your birth announcement and fingers crossed for you on Monday.

bonym Thu 17-Feb-05 15:10:21

Leogaela - after reading Christina's post last night I had a mild panic about the leak so rang the midwife this morning - they advised me to go into hospital which I did. They did various tests - blood, urine, took a vaginal swab, hooked me up to a monitor for 30mins and also did a scan. All seems to be fine but glad I went in for peace of mind's sake. It also meant we got 100% confirmation that we're having a girl . I think my situation is a bit different from yours though - as I understand you are still leaking? I had actually stopped. From what they said to me though, as long as you feel well in yourself (which you probably wouldn't if you had an infection) and are not getting contractions there's probably no huge urgency to rush in. I think it would also depend on the amount of leakage - they asked me if I'd had to wear a pad, which I hadn't. You have an appointment tomorrow anyway don't you? Let us know how you get on.

Preggiemum - you must be so excited that you will be seeing your baby soon! We look forward to your birth announcement and fingers crossed for you on Monday.

Pidge Thu 17-Feb-05 15:33:03

Definitely still checking in from home - just not every 5 minutes like I was from work!!

Really enjoying my newfound life of leisure and actually happy for the baby to stay put for a while so I can have a bit of peace! We're off to the Cotswolds with dd for the night tomorrow, then a 40th birthday bash in Reading the night after. And I have all sorts of treats lined up for next week like meeting friends for lunch. This is the life for me!

Girl is fine - she emailed me this morning about the 'leaky' Made in Water pool that we're returning on her behalf having bought it from her!! Pretty keen for her baby to put in an appearance though.

Looks like we might get two babes on 21st Feb with Misdee and PreggieMum getting induced / CS on that day?

Leogaela Thu 17-Feb-05 15:35:02

Thanks Bonym. Glad to hear everything is OK with you! I am not too worried about it as its not excessive and I will get it checked out tomorrow!

Cristina7 - also good to hear that everything is going well for you! Why do you think you may have to have a c/s?

I can't belive how lazy I am getting - I stayed at home today, spent most of it sleeping and the rest of it finding anything in English to watch on TV! I've been feeling really, really tired the last few days - probably didn't help me today that dh had very active dreams last night - talking, laughing, rolling heavily from side to side! I think he is just really, really excited about the baby coming!

Girly Thu 17-Feb-05 16:16:05

Hello everyone!

Hope all is well? We must all be reaching the fed up with being pregnat stage by now, I know I am!

Had an antenatal today and the baby is fully engaged much to the confusion of my midwife who say that multips that are fully engaged are always in labour!hhmmm not me then. She said if the baby was any lower she could shake her hand . Am now 38+2 so who knows when it will be!

Can't wait for the birth announcements to roll in!

oceanmama Thu 17-Feb-05 18:07:03

Girly - I think I reached that stage about 3 weeks ago! This last week poor bub has felt like she's squished right up underneath my ribs. She's got her legs extended as well, perhaps trying to make more room for herself?

Have had my pre-op clerking appointment now, so everything is set for the 23rd. Heard yesterday from my best friend, who's going to come and stay with me next week for a bit of moral support!

Hope that your BP was okay today Popsycal, and that all stays well.

And good luck with your appointment tomorrow Leogaela.

Hope everyone else is okay - and enjoy your travelling Pidge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now