Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How did you break your pregnancy news to other half ???

(10 Posts)
holly78 Tue 12-Aug-08 11:16:05

Hi, i have just foud out i'm pregnant and dont know how to break it to dp. We decided to start trying last year we have 2 dds and dp wasnt keen on anymore but agreed because i did. he wont be unhappy or anything its just i dont know how to break the news. any ideas would be great thanks.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 12-Aug-08 11:16:53

Wrap up the test and tell him you've got him a present?

belgo Tue 12-Aug-08 11:17:08

Don't do what I did and wake him up in the middle of the night - dh was not impressed at being woken up when he had work the next day!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 12-Aug-08 11:17:14

Oh, and congratulations smile

holly78 Tue 12-Aug-08 11:22:22

lol thanks i thought about wrapping the test, i nervous to tell him i dont know why coz he will be great about it.

oopsadaisyangel Tue 12-Aug-08 11:24:26

With DS1 I did the test at work and phoned DH to tell him (he was on his way to a meeting and had stopped at a service station to go to the loo - he was on the loo when he answered the phone!)

With DS2 again did test at work and phoned DS to tell him!!

With this one on the way, I did the test before leaving for work but DH had already gone so again phoned him to tell him!!

There is a pattern emerging hmm

holly78 Tue 12-Aug-08 11:26:48

lol i need to tell him soon tho coz sickness is kicking in.

LuLuBai Wed 13-Aug-08 10:23:19

With DD my DH guessed as I did the test just before I went to the hairdresser. Was booked in for highlights and thought I ought to check whether I was pg beforehand. When I came home with brown hair he knew straightaway: "You're not blonde. Are you pregnant?"

Last time I texted him a pic of the test stick as he was working away from home at the time. This time I just showed him when he got in (he didn't believe it though).

phdlife Wed 13-Aug-08 10:26:50

dh came home from work when AF was 5 days late and I said, I can't stand the suspense any more, I have to know NOW. So he drove me to tesco for a test. Came home and peed. Called him in to see. He said, "oh well, there's always next month." I said, "dude, look again!" He needed a very large drink grin

Hopeysgirlwasntbig Wed 13-Aug-08 19:43:20

I asked my DH for a second opinion because the line was so faint. He was up in the loft working from home and I just walked in there and said 'have a look at this and tell me what you think'. His reaction was a playful pat on my bum and 'well done'! grin

holly78, my DH wasn;t too keen on the idea of having another one, it took about 5 years of persuading and a horrid accident to make him change his mind. Even during the first half of my pregnancy, he wasn;t thrilled by the whole idea, but once LO was kicking him and especially when she was born - he was totally smitten.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now