Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you feel sexy whilst pregnant??

(6 Posts)
poorbuthappy Tue 12-Aug-08 09:29:33

I am trying to make an effort this time because our sex life went down the pan whilst pregnant with DD 4 years ago...

I'm feeling better in myself as in knowing what's going on with my body changes etc, and for some reason have a better wardrobe now than when I'm not pregnant (big thanks to friends!!)

But I'm still finding it hard to get in the mood...I think some of it is because my dh isn't always forthcoming with feelings etc so I don't know if I'm a turn off, turn on etc...but he made some lovely comments to me this morning whilst I was getting ready to go to work, and I found it really hard to believe him.

So, do you feel sexy? Did you partner still fancy you? Did you believe them when they said it?

really would appreciate your help with this!

mummyloveslucy Tue 12-Aug-08 15:27:12

My Husband didn't want to have sex with me walst I was pregnant. He made excuses like , it might damage the baby, or it's disrespectful to the baby. hmm He said it was nothing to do with me and that it would just feel wrong.
Everyones different, everything is back to normal now, are daughter is 3.5 and we are all very happy. I didn't feel in the least sexy as I had seveere morning sickness and ended up in hospital on a drip for 4 days.
Talk openly with your husband, men are funny creatures. smile If he says that he still fancies you, then believe him.

ShowOfHands Tue 12-Aug-08 15:31:24

DH found me extremely attractive whilst pg, more so as the pg went on. I had to fight him off sometimes. It was very flattering. And I believed him, without being too crude, it was fairly er obvious that he liked my pregnant form.

I struggled to feel attractive. In fact, I struggled to feel anything other than complete panic at the thought that a grubby delivery man was going to slap a 'heavy load' sticker on my arse and have me shipped off to a warehouse full of industrial machinery.

mummyloveslucy Tue 12-Aug-08 15:46:52

grin That is soo funny !!

poorbuthappy Tue 12-Aug-08 16:01:36

Thanks both - I started to think I'd upset someone cos no one answered for ages!

I think I need to stop over analysising this and just go with the flow!

notcitrus Tue 12-Aug-08 16:11:50

Yes - sadly I have almost no energy to do anything about it!

MrNC has been finding me very attractive - basically I'm me only with lusher skin and hair and slightly larger breasts - what's not to like?! Oh yes, the large unergonomic bump and hips that don't move - but amazing what you can do going carefully with the help of half a dozen pillows and some lube...

Given I have no idea when I might be up for sex after birth, I feel I ought to be devoting some of my limited energy to enjoying sex beforehand. At least I'm now on maternity leave so can get plenty of sleep... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now