Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BREECH BABY

(5 Posts)
luboo Wed 06-Aug-08 19:52:53

Hi!
I am nearly 34 weeks preg and baby is still breech. I think it has tried to turn a couple of times. My question is would I feel pain/discomfort if it tried to do so? It was very uncomfortable especially in my bowel area and I had to breathe through the pain, like gripes in waves. Don't think the baby managed it in the end. Any thoughts?

hedgepig Wed 06-Aug-08 20:02:21

don't know about the pain I'm afraid my breech was well stuck and undiagnosed. , but if it trys again if you get on all 4s with your bottom higher than you chest it will give it the most room to move round. good luck

girlsallaround Wed 06-Aug-08 20:36:38

from what i understand babies can turn right up to the last days before labour so should be physically possible

being scared must make your body tense which can not help, so i suggest relaxing and letting it happen

mawbroon Wed 06-Aug-08 20:45:34

Mine was breech and stuck fast because I have a heart shaped uterus. I didn't know this at the time, and worried myself silly about whether baby would turn, would I have to have a section etc etc.

The consultant said that I could do all the old wives stuff that I liked (frozen peas, all fours, shining a torch etc etc), but the baby would decide if it was going to turn or not and there wasn't a lot I could do about it. I felt better after he said that because basically it took the responsibility of it turning away from me IYSWIM.

My ds had been head down, and then turned around 32 weeks. There was no mistaking the fact that he was turning. It wasn't sore, but it felt like there was a wrestling match going on inside me!

You will hear this loads, but there is still lots of time for it to turn if it is going to.

luboo Fri 08-Aug-08 17:05:50

Thanks everyone! Turns out I have a very bad urine infection! Plus aby not turned after all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now