Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due November 2008 - Da rool breakers hun!!!! LOL!!!!!!! xxxx [grin] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(988 Posts)
hanaflower Fri 01-Aug-08 16:31:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyBuzz Fri 01-Aug-08 16:37:07

Well done Hana - great title!

ChocOrange05 Fri 01-Aug-08 16:49:31

LOVE the new, non-conformist title!! grin We are true rebels!!!!! x x x x x x x x

DM No idea if I have a pg 14 - its a home, but I am intrigued now so will look later!

Dozymare Fri 01-Aug-08 16:49:50

Oooohhhhh - cringing as well!!!! Can almost GUARANTEE we will get some comments!!

LOL HUN - well done on new thread BTW

DM xxxxxxxx

ChocOrange05 Fri 01-Aug-08 17:04:24

Ladies - have you heard of the Chinese Calendar?? As someone who is going for a "suprise version" I am very interested in all this baby sex folklore / tests and I found this online.

So I was wondering, for all those who already have LO's - can you have a look at the calendar and let me know if it was right / wrong for your previous babies (or current ones if you know the sex) - just out of interest!

According to it my bump is a BOY.

Here's the link

Oblomov Fri 01-Aug-08 17:25:29

Rool breakers it is then.

Rhubarbstalkingarsehole Fri 01-Aug-08 17:30:41

<comments with a silent but smelly one>

Dozymare Fri 01-Aug-08 17:37:38

choc out of my 3 pregnancies it got 1 right!

(that doesn't really help does it?!)

ChocOrange05 Fri 01-Aug-08 17:39:49

Damn - DM I was just off to buy something blue!! grin

vbab78 Fri 01-Aug-08 18:46:13

hana - i really fancy trying belly dancing. Never done anything as my husband would call "out there" before. Just don't know how to get started, how to tell if the tutor is a professional at it or even if any in Rotherham (S66) area.

I would imagine hmm lots of fun but good exercise and I assume would make you feel womanly.

mum2becks Fri 01-Aug-08 19:21:33

choc I have a dd but the chart shows a boy?? Also predicts a boy this time so will wait and see!!

coolkat Fri 01-Aug-08 19:32:53

Choc, it predicts me a boy but been told girl, hope scan right as got some bargains hidden away in pink!!

Done something on impulse today shock went to my hairdressers and had all of my hair cut off, DH does not know yet and he is due home in the next 20 minutes. MIL says looks nice just hope I can style it in the morning. If not may regret it and it will take a while to grow back hmm

Yorky Fri 01-Aug-08 19:56:05

Thanks for the new thread hanaflower
ChocO - chart thinks girl, which I agree with (mummy's instinct thing) but it also thinks DS should be a girl! so still waiting to see!
Good luck with Dh and your hair Coolkat, I've gone short this pregnancy too, after not having hair above my shoulders for about 10yrs!

MonkeyMargot Fri 01-Aug-08 20:00:01

Hello November ladies. New to this (and your previous) thread. I'm due 5th November, this is DC #1, and I don't know the sex but am thinking it's a DS....
coolkat - never regret a radical hair-do - it grows so quickly - especially in your current condition!

cricri Fri 01-Aug-08 20:42:17

Great thread title grin
Welcome Monkeymargot smile I also don't know the flavour but finding out on Sunday at a 4D scan. Can't wait grin
Coolkat I also had my hair cut earlier during this pg and have had nothing but compliments (makes me wonder what people thought of it before hmm) so hope it's the same for you.
Has anybody seen Chocolategal lately? I don't remember seeing any posts from her, but perhaps she's on holiday.
Autumnlady Hope you sort things out with your DH and also finish work soon. The Tube in rush hour is not a good idea when pg - I am so glad I don't work in London anymore and sympathise with anybody who has to use the Tube on a daily basis.
Hope everybody else is well. I'm coming back to the UK tomorrow so should be back to posting more regularly again from next week smile I've enjoyed all the debates we've had this week!

PInkyminkyohnooo Fri 01-Aug-08 21:18:29

Hello All
Fabbo title, Hanah

Sorry you DH is being a pain, Autumnlady.

Some men really just don't get it- I'm sure he will be completely awestruck by your amazingness when you deliver your baby!

Until then, I suggest a sit down chat about chores.

I know women who do everything around the house and it does breed resentment...though one told me I didn't know what motherhood was because DH gets the children ready in the morning three days a week hmm.

I'm a bit scared now about what the plan is with our stats list- what do we have to do?

Hello Monkeymargotgrin

twinklingfairy Fri 01-Aug-08 21:42:13

Am I being dim, I don't see why that is a racy title, why would we get complaints and that lady leaving the smellhmm ok??smile

My DH totally changed when DD came along. He was fab throught the pregnancy but then she arrived and all of a sudden he turned and became a bit weird. It was hard to explain, but he suddenly started to worry heaps more and tried to be all manly or something. Arguments about his not being under the thumb and about how stressed his work was. He also did very little at night, saying that he had to work the next day so it was up to me.angry
It turned out his brother had frightened the life out of him by giving dire predictions of no sleep for months on end, his life changing irreversably etc etc. Stoopid brother.
So DH knows much better now that the sleepless nights really are short lived and a hand next time would be appreciated.
I have told him he will be on DD watch for sure. I ain't getting up for them both! Certainly not in the early days.
But then those will prob be famous last words as I let sleeping dogs lie cos the bark is not worth the hassle and upset.
I am silly, in middle of the night, and take it as a personal slight against my DD who just wants help and he doesn't want tosad Which, of course is just sillyness. He is just tired and scratchy.
Aaaanyay.
cricri, Chocorange was on earlierhmm on the old thread. Silly billy, you missed hersmile

barbareebaa Fri 01-Aug-08 23:18:57

Hello ladies smile

Choc a sucker I am for all that kind of stuff and it says a boy which is what I've been told so it's right!! (as far as I know...)

Had a very wriggly baby today - at one point very definitely over one side which was a bit odd. But all lovely grin

Hope evryone's having a lovely weekend x

MerryMarigold Fri 01-Aug-08 23:36:07

Hi, lovin' the new thread title...I am on the laptop in sitting room and can hear ds snoring from upstairs hmm. He is in ds's room, not sure how poor, little ds sleeps through it. I will be requiring earplugs despite being next door. Arghhhhhhhhhhh...I HATE that noise, he is so loud, I am sure there is something he could do about it.

Had hospital appt. today. The fasting test showed blood sugar not high or low, but consultant still convinced I have gestational diabetes so now I have to have the GTT. ChocO, apparently I didn't have it first time round because it is more expensive! So they only do it round our way when it's really necessary.

I have to go hospital twice next week. By the time I add up all the £2 parking, I could have bought a brand new Mountain Buggy! grin

Anyway, can't stand noise anymore, gotta go and poke him.

MerryMarigold Sat 02-Aug-08 07:24:44

meant DH was snoring. Ds doesn't snore!

MerryMarigold Sat 02-Aug-08 07:27:35

twinkling, cricri was talking about chocolategal who is different to chocorange. no, i don't recall seeing her around for a while either. but summer holidays means lots of people away or busy if they have other littl'uns...so shall try not to worry too much!!

coolkat Sat 02-Aug-08 08:29:20

Morning. well DH liked hair, said it made me look grown up!! Take it as a compliment. I am yet to do it myself this morning! Failing that I have a trusty Tedbaker cap!

I have not seen Drs wife either for a while, hope she is ok?

The whole husband and chores debate is always a good one. My DH always says he does not mind but needs telling so have found the best way is a list, some men might hate it but it works for us. At the minute it is not a problem as I am off work for summer so tend to do all the Jobs but when I am at work he always hoovers, does pots etc and any othr bits deemed necessary. Regarding childcare duties. Well part of this is my fault as I was such a control freak when DD was born he never got a look in (ler from this), I have corrected my ways and he will be a lot more involved. He loves taking DD to school etc and does get up to her if I have been up although this is not often now as she is 5. On the other hand I would not expect him to be up with baby if he had to leave for work at 6 in the morning. Its all trial and error and these pregnancy hormones can sometimes add to the pressure.

Anyway off to put hat on do hair!

MonkeyMargot Sat 02-Aug-08 08:47:38

My DH tends to our garden, which he does an excellent job of. However, since we live in London, this only measures approx 2 squared metres, and he feels this is equivalent to me doing all the household chores. Hmm. Always tricky. I've tried lots of things in the past, but so far without success. I've never had a cleaner, and am waiting to see how we cope once DC #1 appears. This might be the time to bite the bullet and pay for a cleaner once a week (once I go back to work).

MonkeyMargot Sat 02-Aug-08 08:48:18

Coolkat - good luck with the barnet!

Oblomov Sat 02-Aug-08 09:00:47

Morning.
My dh snores.
Ds snores.
My dh is a great husband. He does his fair share. Mind you alot of that invlolves fixing , mowing, car repairs. I do most of the cooking , cleaning and ironing. But I work p/t, currently not working, so that is fair. He cares for and looks after ds less thna me, but alot.
He is o.k. in pregnnacy. Although he has said that "he can't talk to me, because I am all over the place". Very irritating.

And when ds was born, he wasn't that supportive. With hindsight I think he was a tiny bit jealous, of my displaced interest. Apparently this is not that unususal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now