Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

vbac after two c-sections

(7 Posts)
kpas Fri 01-Aug-08 10:46:42

Hi everyone just joined today. Firstly i had my daughter by emegency c section august 2006.i opted for a planned c section in feb 2008 for my son and now five months later i have found i am pregnant again. Have read all sorts of stuff about possible uterine rupture if i go for normal birth and also if i go for c section !! Anyone had three c sections so close , any ideas !!

Kaz

VictorianSqualor Fri 01-Aug-08 11:04:15

I love this topic grin

Just (15 weeks ago) had my third son.
He was going to be a VBA2C but we waited til 41 weeks and as I had placental issues we decided to go for the third section instead.

(I am going for a VBA3C next time though grin)

What do you want to know?

The stats for uterine rupture are the same after one CS as 2, approx 0.5% which is the same as cord prolapse in normal pregnancy. It's rare and it's fixable.

If you download this pdf it tells risks/stats in paragraph 6.

kpas Fri 01-Aug-08 11:16:56

Brilliant , thanks , wasnt expecting to be pregnant so soon , just mainly concerned with rupturing my scar although both times they healed well . First c section was emergency as my daughter was born with a disability so second pregnancy i had an amnio and then elective c section. im still a little scared of trying a vb so would still probably opt for a c section. Three kids under three !!! i must be mad !!

Thanks kaz

VictorianSqualor Fri 01-Aug-08 11:50:00

Well, it's all personal choice and preference, I'll link you some articles about making the choice so you can have a read through.

The scar being less than a year old can make it slightly weaker but even that isn't thought to increase the risk of rupture too much.

www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ClickedLink=293&ck=10212&area=27
www.mayoclinic.com/health/vbac/VB99999/PAGE=VB00007
pregnancy.about.com/cs/vbac/a/aa121396.htm
www.gentlebirth.org/archives/icanvbac.html

kpas Fri 01-Aug-08 12:02:52

Thankyou for your advice and quick response, great links too , cheers kaz

feedmenow Fri 01-Aug-08 16:37:18

Another place to get some useful advice is the yahoo vbac group. They were a mine of useful info for me, and really supportive too. Good luck. xx

kpas Fri 01-Aug-08 20:15:32

Thanks , much appreciated , kaz

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now