Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due October 08 - The Final Countdown!

(1001 Posts)
CantSleepWontSleep Thu 31-Jul-08 08:34:46

Here we go again then ladies....

29th Sept perkypopsy first baby smile Surprise North Herts (Ware)
29th Sept WombFor1More 2 ds's 1 dd Boy
30th Sept Aubergenie first baby smile Surprise
30th Sept sambrads 1 ds Girl
1st CantSleepWontSleep 1 dd Boy North Herts
1st accessorizequeen 2 ds's Twins shock - one of each
1st loulou33 1 ds Surprise Southern Scotland
2nd snowymum first baby smile Boy Near Oxford
2nd 1sttimer80 first baby smile Surprise. Hydronephrosis discovered. Extra scan at 28 weeks (7th July) planned. Edgware (Royal Free, Hampstead)
2nd FranMum2B first baby smile Surprise Kingston
2nd my3honeypies 2 dd's Boy
4th minervaitalica first baby smile Surprise (unintentionally!)
4th hedgepig 1 ds Surprise
4th pistachio 1 dc Secret wink
4th annwoo 2 dc Surprise
5th myjobismum 1 ds Surprise Poole, Dorset
5th rosebury 3 ds's 2 dd's Boy Bristol
6th Bethoo 1 ds Girl Salisbury
6th iuseantiageingstuff 2 ds's 1 dd Boy
6th ronshar 2 dd's Surprise (with dangly bits wink) West Sussex
6th hoff first baby smile Boy Spain
7th belgo 2 dd's
8th kookiegoddess first baby smile Surprise
8th Alexa808 first baby smile
8th Ksal first baby smile Surprise Hitchin
10th Lozza70 first baby smile Surprise NE London (Woodford)
10th emkay 1 dd Surprise West London (Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea)
10th pepperrabbit 2 ds's Surprise
11th staceylouisex first baby smile Girl
12th milfakamonkeymonkeymoomoo 1 dd Boy Salisbury
12th star6 first baby smile Boy Surbiton
14th tedmundo 1 ds Surprise Bristol (Southmead)
14th twinklytoes 2 dd's Boy
15th mum2jakeyroo 2 ds's Surprise Near Lancaster
16th moodywren 1 dd 2 ds's Boy Lincolnshire (nr Spalding)
16th bigmouthstrikesagain 1 ds 1 dd Girl Mid-Beds
16th WheresTheAuPair 1 ds Boy
19th MrsTittleMouse 1 dd Girl
19th rach010 1 ds Surprise (but dp knows!) Lincolnshire
20th 07mumstheword 1 dd Surprise Bristol
20th AandMsmum 2 dd's Surprise Bristol
20th KnickersOnMaHead 1 dd Boy
20th jenwa 1 dd Girl Worcestershire
20th firsttimer08 first baby smile Boy. Dilated renal pelvis - rescan at 34 weeks. Greenwich
21st hansnava 1 dd Surprise Luton
21st rowanmac 1 ds Surprise North Scotland
21st caramelbunny 1 dd Surprise Manchester
21st jess1996 first baby smile Surprise
21st GirlWithTheMouseyHair first baby smile Surprise (but written down in case of moment of weakness!) SW London (St Thomas)
21st lilbitmum 1 dc
22nd SmudgeyDoodle 1 ds Surprise Newcastle (Gateshead)
22nd wombleprincess 1 dd
23rd Sallypuss first baby smile Probably girl Herts/Essex border
23rd Emmsy1 3 ds's 1 dd Girl The Wirral
24th sparklesandnowinefor9months 3 ds's 1 dd Surprise
24th Personanna 1 ds Boy Peru
25th Flum 2 dd's 5th June Wiltshire
26th oliviaelanasmum/4andnotout 3 dd's Girl
26th mariekg 3 dc Girl
27th Rhian82 Boy
29th Ekka 1 dd Surprise
30th Jambers99 1 ds Girl NW London (Hillingdon)
?? mybabysinthegarden 1 dd

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 31-Jul-08 08:38:08

Jenwa - just wanted to pick up on your comment re imagining feeding your dd still now. I think I can speak for most/all extended bf'ers when I say that no-one can imagine starting to feed a nearly 3 year old, but when you continue feeding them from them being a baby, they are only a day older at a time, so the time just creeps up on you .

4andnotout Thu 31-Jul-08 08:43:10

Hi everyone
Just thought i'd quickly post otherwise i lose the threads!

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 31-Jul-08 08:57:11

I can echo CSWS on the how you can imagine feeding a toddler - it is exactly like she says - they are your baby and they don't grow up overnight. Also on the issue of toddlers wanting to feed occasionally in the last few months ds (4 next week) has asked for a feed when he has been feeling under the weather but a hug is what he needed.

DD is still adjusting to not bf'ing anymore but also responds well to hugs etc. I don't know how she will be when her little sis arrives though - as when dd was born I was still feeding ds in the evening and that soon ended ds was fine about it (as far as I remember). He got jealous when dd was older and more mobile as then he saw her as a rival (as well as playmate).

Jambers99 Thu 31-Jul-08 09:12:53

Morning everyone - thanks CSWS for the shiny new thread.

I'm hoping to breastfeed this time. Tried it with DS but he had tongue tie which no-one picked up, so I had terrible pain and he lost loads of weight so I started topping up with formula, and by 10 weeks old he was fully on the bottle. On the plus side it did mean that DH could do the night feeds . Hope to do better this time.

Finally got round to ordering DS a new cot yesterday. We've got to move him into a new bedroom, so I'm aiming to do this by the end of August to give him 2 months in his new room before baby sister arrives to take over his old room. We've got him a cotbed, since he's a bit small right now (18 months) to go into a big boy's bed, but we can just take the sides off when he's ready.

Emmsy1 Thu 31-Jul-08 10:22:44

CSWS you can run, but you can't hide!grin found you! Yes you are really going to have a baby in probably just under 2 months, there's no turning back now,the only way is out!wink

hedgepig Thu 31-Jul-08 11:40:07

emmsy when you put it like that it makes me a bit scared shock I am by no means ready babies room still need plastering everyting is up the loft ekkkkkkkk I have bought something though sanitry towels how forward thinking that is, and a vest and a pair of socks!

bethoo Thu 31-Jul-08 12:11:43

blimey! jsut caught up as been off line for a few days! i have 2 months and a week to go depending on which calender you look at! i have 9.5 weeks to go which is 2.5 months yet according to calender only 2 months and a week! funny! if you get what the hell o am rambling about!

i also did first purchase yesterday of newborn nappies! i am guessing that dd will be at least 7.5lbs so should have the right size. so i figure if i buy nappies every shop i should be well stocked up!

cant send off for maternity grant unti lsee mw who has to sign it so not looking at prmas yet though p&t seems to be the choice i have picked. may go to the local nursery shop nad order one and start paying it off now.

not long really aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh

dp (though not so dear) has lost his job and is now starting another on monday though i doubt it will last sincei t is nursing and i cant imagine him doing that sort of thing! lots of respect to those that do it because i certainly could not.

my boobs are also veiny! they also sag and rest on my belly! how attractive! grin

had a falling out as such with dp as he claims he accidently took an old mobile of mine to his, it has not been used in over a year so he charged it up and went through my messages! there were a few flirty ones on there so i got the third degree from a sobbing dp whilst at work! well teaches him to go through my phone! angry

Sallypuss Thu 31-Jul-08 13:22:02

'The Final Countdown' - now I'm really scared! I've got 12 weeks to go but the first 28 seem to have gone unbelieveably fast so I just know that the next twelve will disappear in a flash - aaaaghhhh!

bethoo - sorry to hear about your falling out with DP - from what you've said about him, perhaps a little jealousy isn't too much of a bad thing. Might help him understand he's not indispensable wink

Nesting is kicking in big time 'chez nous'. I finished making a pair of curtains for my MIL at the weekend that I've been meaning to do for the last 12 months. Poor DH, I've given him a job list as long as his arm and he's working his way through it despite my irritating 'so much to do and so little time' comments every 5 minutes.

Fair play to the NHS - I went for my blood tests on Monday and the doctor rang me on Tuesday asking me to come in and collect a prescription (iron tablets sad). I was so surprised that the results came back that quickly that I had to ring the doctos' receptionist to check they'd got the right person - though this is the same doctors' surgery who, despite knowing I'm pregnant, have invited me in twice for a smear test smile so you'll see why I'm surprised at their efficiency!

sparklesandnowinefor13weeks Thu 31-Jul-08 13:27:55

I bought some bf nighties for the hospital (incase i stay in), some socks and a lovely little jacket/cardi for the baby smile

really must start thinking of getting the bits back off my sil soon

Hope everyone is ok smile

myjobismum Thu 31-Jul-08 13:45:22

hello ladies!!

thanks for the new thread CSWS!

have 9weeks3days until due date - bit scary, but exciting! hoping we will just muddle through and not struggle to much - we will cope as everyone does i suppose smile

we are about half way ready i think, most things thought about and organised but only about half of it got on an done - picking up the crib in a few weeks - i keep getting confused what does and doesnt need doing though - lol!

hope all are well and those in pain get some help soon!

sparklesandnowinefor13weeks Thu 31-Jul-08 13:51:48

I've got 12 weeks left

I can't wait to get to the single figure countdown, i'm getting very excited grin

4andnotout Thu 31-Jul-08 13:56:56

I have 12 weeks 3 days and haven't bought a thing grin DD3 is only 10 months old so the crib is still in my room it will just need the sheets and drapes etc, all the clothes are in bags in the cubboards. We have decided to go for the pink camo p&t after all, will order it when we have some spare cash (or with maternity grant)

sparklesandnowinefor13weeks Thu 31-Jul-08 14:06:01

<<<whats a maternity grant?>>>

4andnotout Thu 31-Jul-08 14:08:30

info here :)

sparklesandnowinefor13weeks Thu 31-Jul-08 14:12:07

ah right thanks Olive smile

mybabysinthegarden Thu 31-Jul-08 15:28:15

29th Sept perkypopsy first baby Surprise North Herts (Ware)
29th Sept WombFor1More 2 ds's 1 dd Boy
30th Sept Aubergenie first baby Surprise
30th Sept sambrads 1 ds Girl
1st CantSleepWontSleep 1 dd Boy North Herts
1st accessorizequeen 2 ds's Twins - one of each
1st loulou33 1 ds Surprise Southern Scotland
2nd snowymum first baby Boy Near Oxford
2nd 1sttimer80 first baby Surprise. Hydronephrosis discovered. Extra scan at 28 weeks (7th July) planned. Edgware (Royal Free, Hampstead)
2nd FranMum2B first baby Surprise Kingston
2nd my3honeypies 2 dd's Boy
4th minervaitalica first baby Surprise (unintentionally!)
4th hedgepig 1 ds Surprise
4th pistachio 1 dc Secret
4th annwoo 2 dc Surprise
5th myjobismum 1 ds Surprise Poole, Dorset
5th rosebury 3 ds's 2 dd's Boy Bristol
6th Bethoo 1 ds Girl Salisbury
6th iuseantiageingstuff 2 ds's 1 dd Boy
6th ronshar 2 dd's Surprise (with dangly bits ) West Sussex
6th hoff first baby Boy Spain
7th belgo 2 dd's
8th kookiegoddess first baby Surprise
8th Alexa808 first baby
8th Ksal first baby Surprise Hitchin
10th Lozza70 first baby Surprise NE London (Woodford)
10th emkay 1 dd Surprise West London (Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea)
10th pepperrabbit 2 ds's Surprise
11th staceylouisex first baby Girl
12th milfakamonkeymonkeymoomoo 1 dd Boy Salisbury
12th star6 first baby Boy Surbiton
14th tedmundo 1 ds Surprise Bristol (Southmead)
14th twinklytoes 2 dd's Boy
15th mum2jakeyroo 2 ds's Surprise Near Lancaster
16th moodywren 1 dd 2 ds's Boy Lincolnshire (nr Spalding)
16th bigmouthstrikesagain 1 ds 1 dd Girl Mid-Beds
16th WheresTheAuPair 1 ds Boy
19th MrsTittleMouse 1 dd Girl
19th rach010 1 ds Surprise (but dp knows!) Lincolnshire
20th 07mumstheword 1 dd Surprise Bristol
20th AandMsmum 2 dd's Surprise Bristol
20th KnickersOnMaHead 1 dd Boy
20th jenwa 1 dd Girl Worcestershire
20th firsttimer08 first baby Boy. Dilated renal pelvis - rescan at 34 weeks. Greenwich
21st hansnava 1 dd Surprise Luton
21st rowanmac 1 ds Surprise North Scotland
21st caramelbunny 1 dd Surprise Manchester
21st jess1996 first baby Surprise
21st GirlWithTheMouseyHair first baby Surprise (but written down in case of moment of weakness!) SW London (St Thomas)
21st lilbitmum 1 dc
22nd SmudgeyDoodle 1 ds Surprise Newcastle (Gateshead)
22nd wombleprincess 1 dd
23rd Sallypuss first baby Probably girl Herts/Essex border
23rd Emmsy1 3 ds's 1 dd Girl The Wirral
24th sparklesandnowinefor9months 3 ds's 1 dd Surprise
24th Personanna 1 ds Boy Peru
25th Flum 2 dd's 5th June Wiltshire
26th oliviaelanasmum/4andnotout 3 dd's Girl
26th mariekg 3 dc Girl
27th Rhian82 Boy
27th mybabysinthegarden 1 dd Boy Scottish Borders
29th Ekka 1 dd Surprise
30th Jambers99 1 ds Girl NW London (Hillingdon)

I've updated myself, hope that's ok. The 'Final Countdown' title to this thread is truly putting the fear in me! I'm just back from my summer holidays (3 weeks at my parents'; budget option this year) and the state of our flat is really getting me down. I did loads of chucking/ebaying before I went away but new stuff seems to have sprouted in its place. I'm seriously wondering how I'm going to fit this little guy in here.

sambrads Thu 31-Jul-08 16:10:12

hi ladies oh i love a new thread

i have 8 weeks and 5 days left cant believe it time really is flying in grin

seen the mw today all is well the baby is head down and strong heart beat
i told her my back has been very sore and my pelvis so she phoned physio in hospital and i have an appointment tomorrow morning to get a belt fitted

has anyone else got a belt fitted??

twinklytoes Thu 31-Jul-08 17:26:31

found you! grin

busy day here - stage one of getting the nursery up and ready is complete! we have decorated and moved dd1 into the bigger bedroom. dd2 is then moving into the pink room which we will do tomorrow and then we can start on the nursery. will be so glad to move the bags of baby stuff out of my room.

I've been given loads and loads of boys clothing - I won't need to buy anything until at least 6mths.

now I really don't want to venture to the for free section but does anyone want a bundle of baby girl clothes for postage? have got a huge bag of 0-6mths up in the loft that i need to sort and do somethng with. Its my task for august.

hedgepig Thu 31-Jul-08 17:35:11

Sambrads I'm due 4 days after you and have been kidding myself I have 10 weeks left arggggg. Glad the LO is head down, i still don't know which way up mine is will see the MW on Monday (after my mis-recognized breech last time I will be very skeptical anyway). Is anyone else totally exhausted? At least it has rained her today.

snowymum Thu 31-Jul-08 19:05:38

9 weeks to go for me! Yey for single figures. ALthough I am absolutely 100% convinced that he will arrive in week 38. You can quote that back to me when I'm at 42+6...

Had notice today that the bastard church (sorry, but they are - at least, the local diocese who are our landlords) are definitely going to evict us next spring. angrysad x 10000000. Having just moved house and decorated and got everything ready, I now have to spend the next 6 months house hunting, paying to move again and all with my pfb, no maternity leave and a business to run! Still, I've spent a week crying about this and I can't be arsed to any more. Onwards and upwards.

Happy new thread, everyone!

bethoo Thu 31-Jul-08 19:39:17

twinkly i would not say no to the clothes! smile

jenwa Thu 31-Jul-08 19:52:06

CSWS - sorry hope it never came accross rude re the BF, just meant its hard to imagine when they are bigger but can see what you mean about not noticing.

emmsy1 wow, all small ones! My dd was 7Ibs 3 1/2 so think this one is going to be bigger, just scary that the bigger they are the more its going to hurt!!!! Ouch!!!

bethoo Thu 31-Jul-08 19:55:22

ds was 7lbs 15 and early so also nervous about the next one!

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 31-Jul-08 20:19:50

Jenwa - not rude at all, and we'll never increase breastfeeding rates/length of feeding if we don't talk about such things. I can often be found going on about it on the bf threads .

Less than 9 weeks to go here, and given the hospital's insistence that I won't be allowed to go over, I can be confident of that! Booked reflexology session for 2 days before due date in the hope that she can induce me naturally rather than have it done medically!

hedgepig - yes, almost always exhausted these days. Had a nice relaxing day at mustrunmore's house today though, so able to take it a bit easier. It's also my birthday tomorrow, so will hopefully have a nice day then. Dd is on school playscheme for the day, so dh and I are going to go to cinema to see Mamma Mia for a lunchtime performance. He's taking the day off to make up for the fact that he's going to Sydney for 2 weeks on Saturday afternoon.

This thread is not accepting new messages.