Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

nappy leakage!!

(7 Posts)
waiting4bambino Wed 09-Jul-08 15:29:40

Hi all,
this is probably a daft question, but is there a nappy out there that doesnt leak?! At least once a day, my dd does such a huge poo that it either comes out of the leg at the side, or over the top and up her belly!! It doesnt seem to go much up her back side though!! hmm
I've tried all the brands, Pampers, Huggies, shop's own make etc etc. Might sound stupid also, but you know the little elasticated skirt bit around the leg, is this supposed to be tucked in or out?! I've tried both and there still seems to be the odd poo oozing out!

bubblechops Wed 09-Jul-08 18:58:03

Hello,

How old is your daughter? My son does the same (only it usually goes up his back!), so I know it's not much fun cleaning it all up. I'm hoping that it's only a phase & that it gets better as he gets older (11 weeks at the mo).

I've found that Pampers is best at absorbing soft runny poo.

Not much help, but hopefully a bit reassuring knowing you're not the only one?

WombFor1More Wed 09-Jul-08 19:02:07

Have you tried a smaller size?? Maybe they are just a tad loose. Also I always untuck the bit at the side so it's not so uncomfy.

Hope your dd stops leaking soon though!

xx

crokky Wed 09-Jul-08 19:02:47

The elasticated bit round the leg - fluffed out like a skirt (imo). Have found Tescos Superfit to be the best nappy. Is she in the correct size? Lots of the sizes overlap (4 / 4+ / 5)

waiting4bambino Wed 09-Jul-08 19:35:20

Glad to hear its not just happening to me!! I'll continue to put the skirt bit on the side out then, and will try Tesco Superfit, i've tried their newborn range etc, and did find Pampers to be good, but the bigger the sizes, the less nappies and the more expensive!! She is in a size 3 at the mo, i definitely think size 2 is too small, she is around 14lb 10 now!

crokky Wed 09-Jul-08 19:43:24

Size 3 go from 9 - 20 pounds
Size 4 go from 15 - 40 pounds (I think)

At 14lb 10, you could try tescos size 4. My DD is currently in tescos size 4, I find them very good. (The purple packet - I think tescos might have more than 1 type, but the purple packet is best).

Size 2 is way too small for 14lb 10 (IMO!)

waiting4bambino Wed 09-Jul-08 19:55:39

Thanks Crokky, admittedly havent tried the purple pack in Tescos, i think the last one i bought was yellow, and also bought some Huggies as had an offer on them, they were quite expensive and still the same thing happens! Shit happens!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now