Talk

Advanced search

Due November 2008 - some know the flavour by now but rest of us relying on the folklore...

(1000 Posts)
sparkletoes Thu 03-Jul-08 15:29:16

Ok I am guessing this thread will last about 2 weeks!!

Oblomov Thu 03-Jul-08 15:40:28

Oh I like it Sparkle
Yeah, like we will be lucky if it lasts a few weeks wink

Oblomov Thu 03-Jul-08 15:41:36

Sorry, I asked before, but where is Heartmum2 ?
Is she o.k ?
Is she on holiday ?
Please assure me that there is no reason to be concerned.
Who else haven't we seen for a bit ?

ChocOrange05 Thu 03-Jul-08 15:42:12

if we

AutumnLady Thu 03-Jul-08 15:42:40

Nice one Sparkle! I think 2 weeks is about our limit here isn't it?!?!?

Thanks again for all your comments, I really do feel much better now

<autumnlady passes round the cake and tea>

All I can now think of is tomorrows scan!!!

ChocOrange05 Thu 03-Jul-08 15:42:47

all

ChocOrange05 Thu 03-Jul-08 15:43:17

type like

ChocOrange05 Thu 03-Jul-08 15:43:48

this we can

ChocOrange05 Thu 03-Jul-08 15:44:13

cut it down to

AutumnLady Thu 03-Jul-08 15:44:50

Obs - I htink she has been on holiday recently so may only just be back. May try and send her a facebook message to make sure she's OK.

Still trying to come up with a title for mehmm has to be somehting political....

AutumnLady Thu 03-Jul-08 15:45:53

Chocorange - did all that sunshine go to your head...??!

Thanks also for sending that link to the nappy service, am going to contact them tomorrow to discuss.

ChocOrange05 Thu 03-Jul-08 15:45:55

one week!! grin grin grin

hanaflowerisnothana Thu 03-Jul-08 15:46:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubbaz Thu 03-Jul-08 15:48:55

Well done Sparkle. Autumnlady good luck for tommorow and hope you get your birth options sorted, A second opinion could surely do no harm?
Obs Heartmum was back at the beginning of the week I think and had the cardiac scan on Tue??? I think I saw a status on facebook about mountains of washing so perhaps she is just catching up - Hope she is OK though!
Does Pinkali qualify for the resident worrywart?
Have been to MW today and heard the very strong HB which was nice but forgot to ask her about the stitchy pains! I also bumped the car AGAIN today DH is not impressed its only a slight scuff but I felt like such a muppet, I looked at the car I ht and couldn't see anything too obv but it was quite dark in the car park and I was in a rush so didn't inspect it properly - I'm half expecting the police to rock up. I hope to go I didn't damage it I would feel like such an arse!

Oblomov Thu 03-Jul-08 15:53:07

Yes she does Bubbaz.
What about you ? What would you like your title to be ?

bubbaz Thu 03-Jul-08 15:54:31

Resident Car Wrecker at the moment!!! grin

Oblomov Thu 03-Jul-08 15:55:22

Oh dear Bubbaz. Mine was just a prang aswell. You are o.k. aren't you ?
I got my car back today, from being repaired from the car accident. Not that I can drive it. Dh wants to sell it now. Make ssense I suppose sad

AutumnLady Thu 03-Jul-08 15:57:22

Can I be Resident Political Attache???

Need guidance on what the government is doing wrong? What your BF at work rights are?

Step this way

sparkletoes Thu 03-Jul-08 15:57:24

Autumnlady you are very welcome (she says on behalf of everyone)! I would definately just concentrate on tomorrow's scan tho if you can, one thing I know DOESN'T help in pregnancy is worry/stress.

ChocOrange I just bought a Hypnobirthing book from Amazon which came with the CD, didn't read the book as it was full of Americanized crap as far as I could make out! I have never tried hypnosis before but I just used to put the CD on every evening and listen to it (Soothing lady telling me to imagine my happy place for 20 mins!!). All sounds like crap and I have been laughed out the room for admitting I did this but haey I coped with it all until the blighter got stuck so who's laughing now! But seriously I personally would NOT pay £250 or anything like that. The CD alone was fine, I think you just get accustomed to relaxing so your body is able to get to that state fairly easily....?? Don't know for sure but my local maternity hospital now runs classes so if your does too u could look into this if you want more hands on approach???

Think my title should be <I dunno but I just gave this a try & it worked!> shortened to <the trier> !!

bubbaz Thu 03-Jul-08 15:57:48

Oh yes we are both fine I just feel a little silly I used to move massive expensive cars as prt of my job but appear to have lost my touch. You were poorly Oblomov I'm just a plank grin the MW said it must be baby brain!!!
Did they say when you can drive again or is it just whilst you are pg?

AutumnLady Thu 03-Jul-08 15:59:45

Bubbaz - sorry about the car, but I should imagine there's no harm done. At least you are OK and that's the important thing!!

bubbaz Thu 03-Jul-08 15:59:51

Autumnlady and Sparkle I like both of those!! I need to think of one now hmm

sparkletoes Thu 03-Jul-08 16:06:36

Bubbaz I nearly crashed my car this pm into the wall at the side of our drive. Our driveway is really steep and I stupidly looked over my shoulder as I reversed down it which ALWAYS makes the car veer towards said wall!! Had a job rectifying matter but luckily managed it. Worse still DH witnessed it as he was coming home at time too blush

So you and Obs are not the only ones!!

bubbaz Thu 03-Jul-08 16:08:48

Hehe you have cheered me up its good to know i'm not the only one!

Oblomov Thu 03-Jul-08 16:12:01

Prof says no driving for the next 3 months. That is standard policy for Kings. That takes me to beg of Oct, when I wil be 7.5 months.
Dh says, they won't give it back to you then, will they ?
Plus after a c section( they will prob section me end of Oct I predict) I won't drive for a month, so that takes me to end Nov = Christmas.
So why not sell my very nice Yaris now. Seems sensible to try and sell a car in July. No one buys a car at Xmas, do they ?

I am being all brave about it here, but inside even talking about all of this is killing me.

This thread is not accepting new messages.