Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due is Feb 2005 Part 2

(302 Posts)
Momof2 Mon 18-Oct-04 12:16:24

The last thread seems a bit full so I thought perhaps it is time to start a new one

Tipex Mon 18-Oct-04 14:35:39

How do we know which thread to be on??!!

Hi Mumof2, I gather from the name this is your third baby! and that its a boy! Congrats. This will be my first and didnt find out sex at scan although i really wanted to know. Its good to hear everyones stories and not feel alone in all the weird stuff that is happening. I can totally empathise with the anxiety bit of late. I was expecting to be blooming and floating about in state of bliss but seem everso down and teary. Must be the hormones! Good to know i'm not going mad though.

Momof2 Mon 18-Oct-04 14:44:25

HI Tipex, - this is my second pregnancy but 3rd child as I have a DD and a DSD (Step Daughter). It's so long since I was pregnant last time (8 years ago) that I feel like a first timer. I really can't remember anything at all.
The tearfulness seems really bad too at the moment - everything sets me off - even cried yesterday becuase DP played football and I had to stay home and watch Columbo - did the whole "My life must be worth more than this" sobbing - but it had all been my choice to stay at home anyway - poor old DP!

Momof2 Mon 18-Oct-04 14:44:45

PS _ I will go and write on the other thread for all to join us on this one.

Angeliz Mon 18-Oct-04 16:14:21

I think it must be a hormone surge for all of us!!

I just lay and sobbed (THAT sob too ) last night thinking that i just can't handle worrying about 2!!

futurity Mon 18-Oct-04 17:17:53

hi...found the new thread!

i am worrying already about who will look after DS when I have the baby. I just feel that no-one will look after him like I do (not that I am anything special in the child rearing department!!). This worry is made worse by the fact that I had a c-section last time which was fine for first child but I worry how I will cope looking after two whilst recovering. OK..so I know that I will have lots of help but that is what concerns me..other people looking after DS!!

futurity Tue 19-Oct-04 10:42:41

OUCH! Just got stuck by a wasp!!! It's October ..sodding things should be dead!! (sorry..had to share this..first wasp sting ever and it hurts!!!)

Hazellnut Tue 19-Oct-04 11:33:16

Futurity - hope the wasp sting is feeling better !!

On the subject of worry, I laid awake last night worrying about what sort of buggy/pram to get as we want something light and compact but the lightest ones don't look comfortable enough for a newborn... which in the cold light of day, seems a bit silly and I should just go and look !

No doubt next week it'll be car seats or cots or something else to worry about....

emandbump Tue 19-Oct-04 13:39:13

Have just been to my 5th unsuccessfull freelance interview on the trot . If one more person talks to me like I'm suffering some sort of illness (bad), or that I have a bump instead of a brain (worse) I'm going to scream!

I was relying on my wages to fullfill my dreams of lightweight buggies and organic nappies etc. etc.
More importantly - What on earth am I going to do for the next 4 months - I'm going stir crazy already!

Sorry, i had to get that off my chest...
ps. hope wasp sting okay?

Tipex Tue 19-Oct-04 14:38:26

Aww Em, hope something turns up soon. Dont give up and enjoy relaxing a bit in the time you have off.

OUCH futurity, hope the swellings gone down.

Someone just asked me if I was having an elephant????? I take it that means my bump is larger than they expected. Arent people kind. I had been having an ok day as well

Hazellnut Tue 19-Oct-04 14:54:34

Tipex - people say the nicest things don't they ?? People at work keep asking me how long I have got left and look completely shocked when I tell them 16 weeks so think I must be an elephant too !!

Have day off work tomorrow to shop for outfit for brother's wedding in 4 weeks time so will have fun trying to squeeze this elephant into something glamorous !!

Hazellnut Tue 19-Oct-04 14:54:36

Tipex - people say the nicest things don't they ?? People at work keep asking me how long I have got left and look completely shocked when I tell them 16 weeks so think I must be an elephant too !!

Have day off work tomorrow to shop for outfit for brother's wedding in 4 weeks time so will have fun trying to squeeze this elephant into something glamorous !!

jolly4 Fri 22-Oct-04 14:49:47

hi all i just bin away due too computer probs but up an running ok now how are you all nearly 24 weeks now had glucose tol test everything fine i am feeling alot better went swimin last nite an again tonite i did enjoy it in the water its when you get out an feel like a lead wieght spk soon jolly

jolly4 Fri 22-Oct-04 14:49:48

hi all i just bin away due too computer probs but up an running ok now how are you all nearly 24 weeks now had glucose tol test everything fine i am feeling alot better went swimin last nite an again tonite i did enjoy it in the water its when you get out an feel like a lead wieght spk soon jolly

jolly4 Fri 22-Oct-04 14:49:49

SANA Fri 22-Oct-04 16:52:12

Hello all, haveing first baby, had 2nd scan yesterday went well!! 22wks this week.Its strange I CRIED for the first 3 mths, dont know why & now all that I seem to do is worry about everyting, I am hoping to go back to work one year after the baby is born & when I am not worrying about that I am worrying about labour, will i get into hospital on time, being fatter, prams, sleep, work, dh, will the baby be cute, bfing and the list grows, hate it when people tell me I should enjoy pgnancy when all it seems as if I have more things to worry about, having siad that a kick from the baby ususally calms me down!!

jolly4 Sat 23-Oct-04 10:09:29

congrats sana on your life changing new bundle of joy

ecoflorence Tue 26-Oct-04 22:22:17

hi there everyone - have just found this site and am due on 23 feb so it was great to see that you are all having the same worries, doubts, fears, problems, etc.. i think i must be normal! as for prams, current thought is that we should get a travel system - anyone been trying them out?

emandbump Wed 27-Oct-04 19:35:03

Have no advice re travel systems this being a first baby and all - I am lucky enough to have been donated a big mama's and papa's thing with no instruction booklet... still trying to figure it out. (I do wonder if my inability to understand the mechanics of a pram automatically makes me a bad mum !! )
Have just been looking at a baby sling on www.thebabypouch.co.uk that looks pretty cool incase anyone's interested.

Hazellnut Thu 28-Oct-04 10:14:31

Hmmm - am hoping all these things will come naturally once the bumps pop out - I remember dh and I trying to put up our friend's pram/buggy thing for about 10 minutes for them to come along and do it in 5 seconds !! Oh well, at least we can all be bad mothers together !

SANA Thu 28-Oct-04 14:16:58

the travel systems seem so complicated, we looked at one this weekend and I just couldnt close it, very embarrassing as the girl in the shop who couldnt have been more than 18 did it five secs, think I am going to go for a stroller from brith.

How r the rest of u feeling, i feel fine except yesterday I couldnt stop crying & dh got really worried.

futurity Thu 28-Oct-04 14:21:42

I had a Britax travel system for DS. It was cool as I could take the car seat (bought seperatly back then) and put it onto the frame of the buggy quite easily and meant I didn't have to wake his lordship up! However, I never used the carrycot on it (just used carrycot at home..not out and about) and when it became a buggy when he was older it was quite heavy so we bought an umbrella buggy. I remember when we got the Britax I spent about 1 1/2 hours playing with it in all its combinations whilst DH had a nap on the sofa. I kept waking him everytime I had worked out something new on it!!!

Dont worry Sana..I get emotional as well over the most silly of things...DH humours me but must think I have gone mad!

LittleNemo Thu 28-Oct-04 19:45:21

Hi All - just found this site. I'm due Feb 20th with my first. Been very lucky so far with not many symptoms other than getting larger Just worried that it means I'll suffer at the end instead

Hazellnut Mon 01-Nov-04 10:03:24

Morning all ! Am feeling like the worst person in the world this morning - realised last night my maternity notes had 'disappeared', so spent the evening in tears turning the house upside down... Phoned the community mw this morning to be told I could get duplicate test results and then re-fill in my booking stuff myself so phoned the antenatal clinic to ask about test results to be told I can't possibly fill in my history myself and need to go back for another booking appointment which they are really too busy to do and can I just have another look for them...... Feeling exceedingly guilty, irresponsible, and cross with myself. Can't even think where they went except that they must have got caught up with the newspaper and put out for the recycling. Added to this our 20 week scan photos were in it too ..... I can't believe they give scatty pregnant women the only copies of this stuff ......

Tipex Mon 01-Nov-04 12:41:38

Oh Hazellnut what a pain! Cant your community midwife see you to refill in booking info etc? Seems a bit excessive to drag you back to the hospital. Such a shame you have lost your photo too. Maybe its true what they say about our brains shrinking! Definately the only bit of me that is shrinking tho, I made the mistake of getting on the scales last night...sigh. They have now been put away under the stairs and I shant get them out again! Its much better not to be confronted with harsh realities.

Gone pretty quiet on the Feb thread hasnt it? I wonder how everyone else is getting on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now