Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Due March 2008 - meeting up for pies and cakes

(714 Posts)
derah Thu 23-Aug-07 14:42:00

A nice new little thread for Skidoodle and anyone else who needs it.....

skidoodle Thu 23-Aug-07 15:02:10

Aw thanks derah. On phone so will mainly lurk. Can't believe there's a may thread. I feel like we've gone up a year at school

tori32 Thu 23-Aug-07 15:03:29

Hi mind if I join you I'm due 23rd March 08?

preggersagain Thu 23-Aug-07 15:06:52

welcome newbies, hope everyone's starting to feel a bit better.

I finally got an appointment for my booking in appt/ dating scan- got all excited opening the envelope- 12th September feels like an age away! but i suppose these things are just a waiting game, at least then i'll kniw how pregnant i am, i will be minimum of 12 weeks but could be anything over that i'm not too good at keeping an eye n my af!

winemakesmummyclever Thu 23-Aug-07 15:10:32

Thanks for all the birthday wishes . Having a lovely day so far, and off to (what I consider) the best Chinese/Thai restaurant in Manchester later on . I became obsessed with their hot & sour soup when carrying ds. Wonder what it will be this time round?

Skids & anyone else still having problems - hope you are feeling better soon.

Congratulations Tori32!

tori32 Thu 23-Aug-07 15:12:14

Great stuff! Have you got other dd/ds or is this first? I've got the mw coming on wed to do mine ( booking in) Bet you can't wait til 12th tho!

winemakesmummyclever Thu 23-Aug-07 15:13:28

Oooh, preggers, does that mean that you will reveal your true identity then?

tori32 Thu 23-Aug-07 15:14:19

Thanks wine. My craving was dole friut jelly pots last time!! Hope you have a smashing meal. Have you had your scan yet?

preggersagain Thu 23-Aug-07 15:21:56

wine, yes- but i'm sure it will be a bit of a let down really!!

this is not my first, but will certainly be the last!

MerlinsBeard Thu 23-Aug-07 15:50:16

stats thread here if you want to be added on it or the dates are wrong. just copy and paste it adding/changing yourself

wasn't sure i was welcome on this thread...not meeting up i will happily eat cake tho lol!
Why are our threads so small again?

Shoshable Thu 23-Aug-07 15:53:00

Can I just hijack and say TORI you just crave food!!!

derah Thu 23-Aug-07 16:01:18

Well, MoM, even people who can't make London are meeting up here in a virtual way and we're all eating cake and pies so I thought the title was appropriate.

Welcome Tori!!

winemakesmummyclever Thu 23-Aug-07 16:30:37

MoM - didn't even see the thread title myself, but will quite happily have virtual cake - have to think of my already generous hips!

Tori - no scan yet, booked for next Friday, so will let you all know how it goes. Dh can't get the time off, but hopefully he'll make it for the 20 wk scan if we can get it in a Thursday (he works at the hospital I'm booked in at on that day). He liked ds's anatomy scan. He sat there rhyming off what he could see and then suddenly went quiet. Of course, I couldn't see the screen and started to panic a bit. Nothing was wrong thankfully. He'd spotted that ds was in fact a ds before the sonographer, and was having a "that's ma boy" moment to himself. Bless him!

merryberry Thu 23-Aug-07 17:31:43

hi, i'm SO gadget happy now:

1) have some computer access at home again
2) had my nuchal/dating scan on Tuesday. All well, am still singing all day with happiness and relief and expectation (of feeling up to spending some money on some nice maternity clothes). Call me shallow, paddle in me etc...
3) My first ever tumble dryer was delivered yesterday. It makes things dry even though its rained for 2 days! It makes them fluffy! Some things no longer need ironing! It has a light inside it!
4) DP dropped and broke the iron. I went to buy another one today, couldn't find it so slipped and fell onto his john lewis card and when I got up I found I had bought a steam-generating-doolally-bells-and-whistles one instead. BLARDY FANTASTIC. Did 3 hours ironing in about 1hr20 and with no RSI pain. And don't have to get sodding iron out again tomorrow. It's all done. Aaaah magic.

Now I'm over my white goods, sonography, wireless spasms of joy, yes please, would love to meet centrally for cake.

yardette Thu 23-Aug-07 17:54:15

Hey all - great to hear about all the scans and about Victoria's twins!! And so pleased to hear everything went well Timmyinatizzy with your results.

WMMC - Happy Birthday!

I have so got pregnancy brain. It would be hilarious, if only people at work knew. If I told you all the ridiculous things I've done, we would be here all day, so instead, I'll concentrate on the things that have happened in the last 2 HOURS:
- I wrote the date as 1997 (what sort of wierd time loop am I in??)
- left MN on screen in background while I did some other work, with other work covering it up (as share an office with my assistant). Went to printer half an hour later and found that I had somehow printed the entire new MN thread we are on - what???? So, if my colleagues hadn't guessed before, they surely have by now!! (I'm still waiting till after the scan to confirm it to them tho)
- called a client who I speak to every day my husband's name.

OMG. Please, someone give me a new brain!! Hilarious. At least I have my happy hormones today tho - nothing can faze me, and my mistakes are just making me giggle.

I'm up for meeting up in London for tea and cake - I'd want to wait until after scan tho (mine is on 3rd Sept). How about end of Sept? It would feel like some kind of blind date!!

Cannot believe there is a May 2008 - I definitely feel like we've moved up to big school now!

WinkyGirl Thu 23-Aug-07 18:17:03

hannahmary I live in Winchester, Hampshire!

tori32 Thu 23-Aug-07 19:07:31

Thanks Derah just got back after the mad teatime hour!

Shos you cheeky sod! Having bacon butties and crisps everyday doesn't mean its a craving! Does it?

tori32 Thu 23-Aug-07 19:10:23

Thats the same sort of scenario that I had with dd1. My DH was away working so my mum stepped in. Pity he can't get his t-break for the scan time.

tori32 Thu 23-Aug-07 19:15:04

Oh forgot to say same here bout the tea and cakes! Just not sure when as working mon to fri until Feb. A saturday would be good?

turtle23 Thu 23-Aug-07 19:48:04

Hi tori32...you're due the same day as me..did you know that it's Easter Sunday?

tori32 Thu 23-Aug-07 20:04:41

I had no idea! WE could have a race to the finish!!!LOL or should I say waddle!

Brazilianmum Fri 24-Aug-07 10:27:47

All this talk of cake inspired me. Got home and made a yummy batch of Fresh Ginger Cake from Nigella. It came out really nice and moist. Had enough to make two in sandwich tins and brought one to work so that DP and I didn't eat it all ourselves.

Is anyone else having mood swings. I was terrible last night and almost locked my dog in the kicthen, he kept jumping up and down on me and I shouted at him. Felt really bad afterwards. Then he went and weed all over the kitchen and I was then having to bleach the floor at 10pm. Didn't go to bed happy and had some horrible nightmares of being mugged.

Glad it's the weekend and a long one as well.

derah Fri 24-Aug-07 10:40:52

BM - oh goodness, my mood swings are dreadful! If dd gets stroppy I lose my temper with her very fast, and my annoying little dog who tends to get under my feet all the time has been screamed at and threatened with being booted across the house!

Mmmmm, cake! It's someone's birthday at work and she brought in carrot cake and choccie eclairs. YUM! It's dd's birthday tomorrow so we took a chocolate button cake to nursery today.... hope there's some left for me!!

Brazilianmum Fri 24-Aug-07 11:16:47

Hi Derah
Did you have your dog before or after you DD? If before how did the dog react to the arrival. My dog (a shi tzu called Ollie) loves children so I am hoping that he won't be too difficult wihen the baby arrives.

hannahmary Fri 24-Aug-07 11:29:02

Hi Winkygirl:-) thats not too far from Portsmouth is it? Sorry, I've only been down here for University length of time so I don't know the area too well. We always seem to go further afield on weekends off:-( Maybe we should start our own 'meet up for tea and cakes' thing as I'm starting to get quite jealous of the London people (all those great images of wonderfully sophisticated coffee shops full of mochaccino and cinnamon buns fresh out of the oven smile)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: