Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing - Online course v classes?

(5 Posts)
SheilaB2 Tue 15-Oct-19 13:35:24

Hi everyone!

Has anyone had any experience with doing an online hypnobirthing course (and if so, any recommendations?)?
Has anyone got any experience of how an online course compares to going to classes?
I'm 30 weeks and interested in doing a course but am running out of free time to fit in an actual course so think online may be easier to fit in as it can be done as/ when I have time. However, I'm wondering if it's better to try and make time to go to actual classes as they may be better?

Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks smile

sugarsnapwee Wed 23-Oct-19 13:30:13

We did an actual class but in hindsight I think we could have got everything useful from an online course so I would do that (and save some money too).

fonxey Sat 26-Oct-19 22:23:48

We got the online course from the positive birthing company and its quite good. Also read a book and it's repeating the info obvs bit I'm looking fears to the breathing bit.

I'm not sure what I'd get it if an in person course other than the social side of it. You'd think they'd just amalgamate it with your typical antenatal. £250 to learn how to breath kinda excessive. And most of the other info seems just common sense tbh. But maybe you do get more in person and I'm missing out.

Hunkyd0ry Sat 26-Oct-19 22:30:11

I also did the positive birth company course. Advantage is that you can rewatch the videos etc which I liked.

WonkyDonk87 Sat 26-Oct-19 22:44:15

I did both and the classes we did were AWFUL. Feel very blush about how much money we spent on them now and want to run around the local area telling people that the woman is an utter charlatan. Not to mention the dangerous information she gave women. Online/books were much better IMO.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »