Talk

Advanced search

Due Oct ~sow's a'roasting!

(967 Posts)
j20baby Mon 13-Aug-07 22:17:41

Hellllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooo..............here i am, sorry but waited for ages for somone else to do it and i can't find it if they have!

FloriaTosca Mon 13-Aug-07 22:31:47

Well I've found you!!!! ...hope this is the only new one and there isn't another somewhere else! [oops emoticon]

j20baby Mon 13-Aug-07 22:37:52

i couldn't find another one! i'm off to bed now, chat tommorrow x

FloriaTosca Mon 13-Aug-07 22:50:22

Well I'll take a minute to enjoy the space in here...no doubt it'll be half filled in no time knowing us lot!
No major moans today from me apart from needing this gtt test on Weds oh and Dh put up the new cupboards from Ikea and the corner cabinet has got the wrong door (not the self service section...so their fault)so I'm going to have to go back and get the right one tomorrow..not a lot to whinge about really especially as I now have so much storage in the utility room now
Hope you all find us soon! g'night for now

muppetgirl Tue 14-Aug-07 08:28:46

Hello all!

I found you!

Well, I slept allllllllllll night. Something I haven't done in ages. I think I'm the type of person who leaves going to the drs right until the last moment just when I'm actually getting better... no coughing fits in the night at all

Still at least the iron thing was found out as I would have seen the mw today and then she would have given me the blood paperwork to go to the hospital tomorrow which means that at least I got the results a few days early.

Didn't realise 9 was so low but at least it explains the breathlessness even going a few steps...(much to the hilarity of dh 'look at her, she's knackered!!!! etc etc)

We're off to soft play with friends as it's Tuesday, and raining, so I'll catch up with you later.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 14-Aug-07 08:37:04

Morning all and it didn't take me long to find you lol.

I had the worst night sleep ever last night as i was so angry....i need to vent but its all i seem to do lately so will quietly stew. I was so happy yesterday until one frigging asshole ruined it all. anyways just thought i'd say hi and then go and find someone to scream at.....jesus!!!!

MrsFish Tue 14-Aug-07 08:44:11

Morning everyone

muppetgirl - my bloods were 9.3 and my mw told me to eat green and blacks choc, but I hate dark chocolate plus it gives me bad heartburn, so she said to eat more steak, but thats not a fave of mine either, she never mentioned taking iron tablets though. I haven't really done anything about it otherwise

I slept ok again last night, it is definitely working for me by eating my dinner early so will carry on doing that till this lo is out

Weather here is crap today, dull and raining, but I'm not complaining, although it does mean I can't really use my new camera to its full advantage

ds is at nursery this afternoon, so I am going to attempt to do my Davina DVD.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 14-Aug-07 08:47:55

I am loving this rain today!!!!!!!!! means i can move around comfortably without being too hot....means i can carry on packing flat up lol and packing for holiday.

Dp back this afternoon WAHEYYYYYYYYYYY can't wait to see him i need a hug.

muppetgirl Tue 14-Aug-07 08:56:02

Mrs Fish -The mv seemed quite insistent that I go to the drs to get some Iron tablets. She did say all you have too -and did do the chocolate bit last night!!
I like steak, green veggies and I do eat them atm.

dal21 Tue 14-Aug-07 09:28:41

Hello everyone!!

LES - feel free to rant away! what happened? or do I not want to ask??

MrsF - re the iron, you defo need to take some type of supplement. My MW has me on solgar gentle iron (2 a day) and 3 sachets of spatone and my iron was nowhere near as low. Fortunately both are quite low dosage so havent caused the unwanted side effects I was dreading! I would defo call up and ask what strength of supplements you should be taking as absorption of iron from foods is never that effective. If you are eating iron rich foods, have something like Orange Juice with the meal as the vit c helps the iron absorb into your system.

Re. the weather - am loving the rain! London is so fresh and cool, it is lovely!

Well I have a standard check up today - will find out which way LO is lying. Am also having a real dilemna - have this sudden urge to find out what we are having! Have gone nearly 34 weeks without knowing and now I need to know! why now? am deliberating whether I ask today.....

MrsFish Tue 14-Aug-07 09:36:10

Dal - as I said on the other thread - DON'T FIND OUT, you have waited this long

buffythenappyslayer21 Tue 14-Aug-07 09:47:17

hi everyone!

cant believe youve started another thread already!!!

hope everyone is doing ok.

floria i had teh gtt a couple of weeks ago,been trying to catch mw to get results after she told me to get them from gp,and gp said that the mw has tehm!!

been gettin stressed out what with teh house move getting closer and the baby popping getting closer,its all bound to happen at teh same time!!

anyway,just wanted to post quickly so i can find you again!!

nellieloula Tue 14-Aug-07 10:04:45

morning everyone - hope all is well. I too am loving the rain and cool breeze - any excuse for doing not much at home with DS!

Dal - I am having the same I wish I knew the sex now dilemma - but Mrs fish is right - we've waited this long. For me it is really because we are having a total nightmare about names and narrowing the sex down would be less stressful!

One question - has anyone experienced 3rd trimester inverted nipples? I had it with DS - basiclaly as the 3rd trimester goes on, my left nipple goes this horrible hard, sponge like consistency and inverts into the breast - nice!! Last time, it took 2 days of having an electric pump on it to pull it back out and then it was fine anyone else had this? I'm trying to pull it out myself at the moment to avoid the pump action ! isn't it just all fun fun fun!!! have a good day everyone.

dal21 Tue 14-Aug-07 10:25:48

Mrsf/ Nellie - have hardened resolve. am not finding out!

ejt1764 Tue 14-Aug-07 10:30:55

Morning all - found you! ... am going to be very quick - going over to see a friend from work today - ds and her ds can play (although her ds is only 2!) ...

Have made some flapjacks to take with me - picked some blueberries from the garden last night, but there weren't enough to make muffins with, so I experimented with the flapjack recipe - they're quite noce, but the blueberries are a bit squishy!

MrsFish - found this info on iron rich foods for you - the one I like the look of is dried fruit! When I was very ill after the mc last year, I took floradix as the regular iron tablets made me soooooo constipated! If you find that they do though, tell your GP - mine happily prescribed the generic equivalent of floradix when I told her about the problems I was having!

Going to IKEA this afternoon - will put ds in the creche, and treat ourselves to tea there - it's fatal as the Cardiff branch is only a 5-10 minute drive from our house!! Guess where we get all our furniture shopping from?

Waving madly at everybody else ... will do the text / email buddy list later on ... buffy, am I right in thinking you're in North Wales? tLES where are you? I know I should know, but can't remember ...

And while we're on the subject - has anybody heard from Apricott recently?

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 14-Aug-07 10:40:05

Dal,

nothing too bad tht will affect me BUT ds emailed his sperm donor AGAIN and for the first time in a yr it replied. Anyways ds had told him about baby etc when he got reply it said
"I find it hard being a part time dad you don't want to see me alone and i want to see you alone. I don't feel our relationship is going anywhere"

It infuriated me he has ignored ds for 18 months and then sends him 7 lines in an email. Ds has now said "right thats it fnd out about dp adopting me"

If you could read email ds sent it is heart breaking....here is one bit of it

It upsets me that my little brother will have his daddy but i dont have mine. What did I do to upset you? I am 9 now Ben and I just want to have the chance to know you. I know i have said before i didn't want to see you alone but that is because i have a problem. If i fall over or hurt myself i pass out, it is because my nerves are not grown together properly and when i wake up all i want is mummy. I might grow out of this when i am bigger buy nobody is sure. it is very scarey. and also mummy has done this with me so many times that she knows exactly what to do with me when it happens so does nanna and g's. it doesn't mean that i don't want to see you it means i need someone there who knows how to deal with me. I get very upset when g's son comes here as i wish you were coming the same day and i always wait on a sunday for you to turn up..

And he replied with 7 frigging lines. Ds suffers from a condition called reflex anoxic siezures also known as vasovagal faints.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 14-Aug-07 10:41:04

EJ

I am in sunny LONDON

FloriaTosca Tue 14-Aug-07 11:49:27

LES no wonder you are upset...your poor DS ...it is so unfair what a selfish git of a sperm donor "I don't feel our relationship is going anywhere" and whose fault is that?! Certainly not the childs!!! It is the sort of crass line you send when you are dumping a short term girlfriend! not the how you explain yourself as an absentee parent to your abandoned child! Copy the 7 lines and file them for when you go for the adoption!

nellieloula Tue 14-Aug-07 11:51:03

God LES, that is heartbreaking. But I have to say you should be so proud of how eloquent and emotionaly mature your DS is. What an amazing boy and I don't have the words for what his father is. He could certainly learn a few things from his DS that's for sure. Hope you're ok with it though- I'd be furious and very hurt too - so keep talking about if it helps.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 14-Aug-07 12:50:06

Ds has just sent him another email and then told me i have to be careful mummy as i don't want to lose my temper with him???? hang on i thought he was the child lol.

here is his reply

"hi ben,
if i phone you , please answer. i use mummys phone , and i waste her credit. we are moving and if you dont see me while i am here , realise you wont see me again.

if you come back to find me when i am older , i wont want to know.
if you want to see me , you have to do it before the 20th of this month. the reason i didnt want to see you when luke was here was because you spent more time with him.

you didnt even have the decency to send me a card or a present.
G , my real dad has given me more than you have given me in the last 9 years.

if you make the choice not to see me again i will ask G to adopt me and you will have no right to be upset as you caused it.

you ether contact me by phone or be prepared to never see me again.

thanks for wishing me a happy birthday i loved your card and present...

oh and thanks for saying you are pleased that i am getting the little brother i have always wanted"

I have to say i was shocked that he had sent this but hey he has to be allowed his own point of view doesn;t he.

unicorn Tue 14-Aug-07 15:57:38

Me again on pushchairs (sorry!)
Thanks for the offer Dal21 I shall pick your brain .... any idea what M+P Lunas are like?
Basically I want a light(ish)weight pushchair that will lay flat for the early days, and recline for later.
I like the front facing/changeableones.
It will mostly be for around town - and to fold into car.
Don't want/haven't got 500 pounds to spend on it - so I guess no designer ones.
Any shortlists?

j20baby Tue 14-Aug-07 18:23:30

LES-thats heartbreaking for your ds it makes me so mad! fu**ing wanker! has he replied to that? your ds sounds like such a bright and well balanced little boy and you should be very proud of yourself for the way he is handling this. its the worst form of rejection(from a parent) and i sincerly hope you get through this as a family x

dal21 Tue 14-Aug-07 19:39:27

LES - am so sorry to read that. how utterly utterly heartbreaking! I am actually speechless. I really do not know what makes some people tick, i really don't. Am so sorry for your DS.

Unicorn - your requirements are slightly different to mine (I wanted a carrycot and ability to fix maxi cosi seat in - so that narrowed down my options) so am not that familiar with the Luna or similar models. But I have read on other threads that with your requirements - make sure you check out the maclarens. Tons of people rave about them - lightweight, good reliable build quality and although not sure how many say they are suitable from birth, they do go sort of flat if not completely flat. Hope that helps!

MrsFish Tue 14-Aug-07 20:52:56

Ejt - thanks for the link, tis a pity that half of those foods listed give me bad heartburn though

Les - Your poor son, what a git of a sperm donor no wonder you are spitting chips.

Unicorn - we have a maclaren, had it for ds1 and will be using it again. It is suitable from birth and it has done so many miles and is still good. Here is the 2007 version of it maclaren techno

muppetgirl Tue 14-Aug-07 21:18:26

Hi all

Les- It is so upsetting that a 'father' ( use the term loosely)could treat his child like that and be so open about it
Your son is amazing and he's got you to thank for that...

Am sat here with my 42" tummy feeling very uncomfortable thinking 'oh my god, I still have 12 weeks to go...' I have cleaned the hosue from top to bottom and are now definately paying for it. We had a cleaner come to meet us tonight (hence the mad cleaning) and she can start this friday for 3 hrs -fab! I can no longer bend to clean the stairs and we have 2 hairy dogs and 3 storey's of house to clean and I can feel myself getting worked up about it.
Ollie told me he was embarassed by me today which didn't help... I know he doesn't know what he's saying (he then told a truck that the other was embarassed by him....)
I have also been practising justifying everything in our house as we have MIL coming on fri and I just hate her disaproving looks, 'yes, we do feed the digs on meat as they hate dried food, no we don't walk dexter everyday as his hips hurt too much, yes I am going to feed that to Oliver....' My bf always says don't justify but it's a little hard.

Am feeling a little overawed by everything (is that the word?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now