Talk

Advanced search

Mum vote - classes for dads

(11 Posts)
MANtenatalUK Tue 03-Sep-19 10:25:57

Calling all Mums to be and experienced mums. Would you tell/ ask your partner to attend classes that were 100% focused on making him the best dad he could be?

Hands on - practical hints and tips from fellow dads with minimum theory and slides.

Thoughts welcome.

8by8 Tue 03-Sep-19 10:35:08

No, because he’s a grown up who will decide for himself if it sounds helpful.

If I’d seen an advert for them while pregnant I’d have told him about them though.

PurpleDaisies Tue 03-Sep-19 10:36:51

No. Why would I?

Peony99 Tue 03-Sep-19 10:38:55

No, I try not to patronise the people I love.

lifesnotaspectatorsport Tue 03-Sep-19 10:41:00

No - he just attended the same antenatal classes as me

InDubiousBattle Tue 03-Sep-19 10:44:03

No.

PurpleDaisies Tue 03-Sep-19 10:45:43

Guessing this isn’t the response the op was hoping for. smile

MANtenatalUK Tue 03-Sep-19 13:51:59

All thoughts welcome. Appreciate you all taking the time to respond.

fonxey Thu 05-Sep-19 11:38:02

I think antenatal and postnatal classes could do with being more inclusive fur mums and dads. I came across a few which said mother's only. And that's more frustrating. Like some postnatal type classes I think men need to be more involved.

I know men are welcome to these classes but i think it needs to be more open.

Roozy123 Thu 05-Sep-19 11:39:23

No And I wouldn't expect him to want me to sign up to one either hmm to be "the best mum I could be"

EscapeTheOrdinary Thu 12-Sep-19 12:33:19

I would never tell him to do or watch anything as I would be fuming if he did the same to me. I also wouldn’t ask him to attend things “to be the best dad he can be” as that sounds patronising. That being said I have always offered the invite to come with me to the nhs antenatal class, breastfeeding information session and to watch the positive birth pack and postpartum pack with me. It was always his choice what he wanted to participate in the same as it’s my choice what I participate in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »