Talk

Advanced search

St Peters Hospital Chertsey

(9 Posts)
LuckyA Mon 26-Aug-19 18:10:27

Can anybody give their reviews on their maternity experience at St Peters/Abbey birth centre please?

I cant decide between St Peters or Royal Surrey. We are also considering Kingston. I found EPU quite unempathetic at St Peters for my mmc but not sure whether to base my choice on that. Thanks

LuckyA Wed 28-Aug-19 13:17:26

anybody?

Backhometothenorth Wed 28-Aug-19 13:26:01

My oldest was born at St Peter's seven years ago. Has changed since then but the staff were absolutely lovely.

kittlesticks Wed 28-Aug-19 13:32:26

I would go with the royal Surrey over St. Peter's but that is based on feedback of friends not my own experiences

LuckyA Thu 29-Aug-19 18:18:00

thank you x

WineOrGin Sun 01-Sep-19 08:18:58

I'm booked in at St Peters. I've been impressed with the EPU and general care I've had so far, but don't actually know anyone who has given birth there.

Do you know if you can have a tour of the Abbey Suite?

LuckyA Sun 01-Sep-19 10:56:44

@wineorgin Yes I think it will be a good idea to have a tour of the Abbey suite. I know several people who have been very happy with Royal Surrey but dont know anyone who has given birth at St Peters. It has many poor reviews online which makes me a bit worried, but St Peters is our closest hospital and is the only Level 3 SCBU in Surrey

Mangoandbroccoli Fri 04-Oct-19 22:40:15

Very positive experience of St Peter's here, one of which was in very difficult circumstances and the staff were amazing. It's worth being aware that the criteria for delivering in the birth centre is very high, in that there have to be no complications whatsoever in order to deliver there. There are great alternative options on the ward though, including 'home from home' rooms and birth pools. Good luck!

Mangoandbroccoli Fri 04-Oct-19 22:42:41

Forgot to add that they have a large NICU centre which services other hospitals nearly, so it's where people are transferred to in the event of an emergency. I found it reassuring to know it was there just incase.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »