Talk

Advanced search

May 2020

(1000 Posts)
BlueberryPoppy123 Tue 20-Aug-19 15:43:16

Hi everyone! I can't find a May 2020 group yet. Most of you don't even know you're expecting yet. I'm due May 1st and got my bfp on 9 dpo. So I'm only 3 weeks 3 days. I feel like I may be lonely in here for a little while.
Looking forward to being joined by other mummies to be smile
This is my 3rd pregnancy. 1st was 7 years ago and I have a 7 year old son. 2nd was 5 years ago which ended in a m/c feeling positive for my rainbow.

FirstTimeMama91 Wed 21-Aug-19 12:59:55

@BlueberryPoppy123 congratulations to you thanks I'm hoping that I'll be joining you on the May 2020 bus. I'm currently in my tww I'm only 6 dpo but the waiting in killing me! How are you feeling any symptoms? X

BlueberryPoppy123 Wed 21-Aug-19 14:42:15

@firstTimeMama91 ttw? Sorry not got all the lingo yet.
I'm feeling fine I have no symptoms other than occasional cramping. My period wasn't due until this coming Friday so I've found out really early. Just had the urge to test so lucky it was positive so early really. Still be taking tests daily though I can't help myself it's still so long in.
Hopefully you'll be an official may 2020 soon x

FirstTimeMama91 Wed 21-Aug-19 14:44:40

@BlueberryPoppy123 sorry TWW - two week wait - between ovulation and (hopefully) bfp! (Big fat positive)
Awk I'll be the same I've got a stash of tests lol. Will keep you updated xx

BlueberryPoppy123 Wed 21-Aug-19 18:43:38

@firsttimemama91 best of luck x

AmIseeingRight Thu 22-Aug-19 06:17:24

Hi @BlueberryPoppy123

Got my very early / faint bfp yesterday, looks darker today so taking a seat on the May 2020 bus EDD - 3 May, but might also take a seat in April as DC 1 was early. Keeping everything 🤞

BlueberryPoppy123 Thu 22-Aug-19 07:59:58

@amiseeingRight congrats yea I've gone into April 2020 too. Although my first was 15 days late with induction.
Anyone else having trouble sleeping? Since 2 or 3 days before BFP I've not been able to sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time. When I do sleep I have such vivid dreams I feel like I'm not even asleep most of the time.

AmIseeingRight Thu 22-Aug-19 09:13:10

Thanks and congratulations to you too. Even thought DC1 was early I will stay on May 2010 just because the April bus are so far ahead.

It's doesn't feel real, same here with the sleeplessness but no vivid dreams but wide awake @ 5am and then exhausted in the afternoon confusedhmm

FirstTimeMama91 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:32:47

Congratulations @AmIseeingRight thanks

I poas today, couldn't resist lol bfn but was expected as only 7dpo. Hopefully I'll have better news on Saturday smile I had some headaches yesterday so fingers crossed that's a good sign x

BlueberryPoppy123 Thu 22-Aug-19 16:43:13

@firsttimemama91 good luck for Saturday. I haven't told a single soul bar my other half. My other half is on leave from work and went travelling to somewhere with no signal. So I'm going crazy with no-one to chat excitedly to. I think we are telling his parents at the weekend when he comes home. I've bought a Top to wear going to see how long it takes them to notice. Im so excited.
Really want to tell my son but worried incase things didn't turn out positive again this time round.
Also telling my family on Tuesday just want to shout it out to everyone but think it's probably too soon. When are you telling people @amiseeingRight

TummyTurtle Thu 22-Aug-19 18:34:26

Congratulations Blueberry & AmIseeingRight!

I have been a MN lurker for a while, but joined today as I got my BFP! EDD is 29th April according to NHS but 1st May using the MN calculator so I thought I would join here.

BlueberryPoppy123 Thu 22-Aug-19 20:09:24

@tummyturtle congrats is this your first?

TummyTurtle Thu 22-Aug-19 20:42:22

Yes it is 😁

PrincessConsuela12 Thu 22-Aug-19 22:00:44

Hi everyone 👋🏼 and congratulations on your BFP.

I have a few EDD dates (29/04 & 01/05), I think I'm around 4+1. Does anyone have any symptoms? I seem to be a little crampy tonight & had a headache since Tuesday (4head is a life saver for me at the moment!) but apart from that I'm feeling ok.

Off for a scan on Tuesday to make sure everything is as it should be after an ectopic in December 🤞🏽

AmIseeingRight Fri 23-Aug-19 07:55:22

Good morning @TummyTurtle and @PrincessConsuela12 big congratulations on your BFP. 🎉🎉 so exciting!!!

@BlueberryPoppy123 It still early days for me, I've kind of told my DC1 who just turned 3 lol 🤣🤣 I'm waiting to test with a CB digital on Sunday so that I can show my OH. He's away until Sunday and I want to tell him in person - very hard to keep this secret as we FaceTime.

TummyTurtle Fri 23-Aug-19 07:59:52

Congratulations @PrincessConsuela12!

We share the same EDD dates! I'm not feeling bad either, just a little cramping, tender breasts and a little nauseous when I'm hungry.

I haven't told anyone yet either other than my DH, but I am planning to tell a couple of close friends next week. My family is coming over for a BBQ on sat but I can't decide where to say anything yet. They already know we are thinking about trying thanks to my nosey younger DB who was grilling me last weekend. Apparently he's "not ready to be an uncle" - which is probably true as he "lost" DDog2 in the garden confused

BlueberryPoppy123 Fri 23-Aug-19 08:13:06

I have the cramping. So much cramping. Also seem to have developed insomnia so despite being ridiculously tired throughout the day once I finally reach my bed I can't sleep which isn't fun.

Did a digital test today as today when my period was finally due. Pic of BFP. Think I need to stop doing tests now lol. This said 3+ since conception. So honestly have no clue on my date now. Although pretty sure I'm only 3+5.

That's such an odd thing to say I've never heard of anyone not ready to be an uncle lol.

TummyTurtle Fri 23-Aug-19 09:02:10

He is only 19 to be fair, and still very much the baby of the family.

Sorry to hear you can't sleep atm. Hope you can get some rest over the BH weekend?

PrincessConsuela12 Fri 23-Aug-19 12:14:34

@BlueberryPoppy123 Are you sure it was a period you had previously and not spotting/implantation? I though 3+ was around 5 weeks? I could be wrong though. I am 4+2 and got 1-2 weeks last week x

PrincessConsuela12 Fri 23-Aug-19 12:17:18

Thank you @AmIseeingRight Congratulations to you too. What an exciting/terrifying/anxious time this is 😂

@TummyTurtle Thank you & congratulations to you too. I've heard people say that they would want close relatives / friends to know if something bad happened so they were happy to tell them before the 12 weeks. It's so exciting though, hope it all goes well if you decide to do it... don't worry about you DB, I'm sure he'll love having a baby to play with when he/she is here x

BlueberryPoppy123 Fri 23-Aug-19 12:34:19

@princessconsuela12 yes was definately a period. I've been tracking my periods ever since I had my implant out and I'm every 32 days. Im thinking of booking a private scan. Would help me with dates and also put my mind at ease that were sticking this time round

PrincessConsuela12 Fri 23-Aug-19 12:52:36

@BlueberryPoppy123 Sounds like a good idea. I was considering buying more CB digitalis to see if they were going up in weeks but I'm sure it'll just make me anxious if they don't

TummyTurtle Fri 23-Aug-19 13:44:05

Thanks @PrincessConsuela12, part of me would quite like to tell them this weekend, but PIL are on holiday for a week so we wouldn't be able to tell them in person until they get back. Both of our families live in the same town 10 miles away from us so I'd like to tell them both around the same time. We will have to tell my family before 12 weeks anyway as we are going on holiday with them mid-Sept and they will notice me not having a drink!

BlueberryPoppy123 Fri 23-Aug-19 19:16:02

DEAR LORD!
So we told my parents today they were really happy for us my mum cried standard response from her she's a crier lol. My dad had a massive grin smile
Then we went to tell the in laws... within 5 seconds FIL had messaged his sister and told her. We only found out once she replied. Then MIL went to tell SIL on the phone and we quickly said noooo! 🙈 warned them no Facebook asked them to please not tell anyone else but not sure that's going to happen. Kinda sad it's our news to share. Don't want to make it into anything though life's to short to upset anyone over it but yea I'm a little gutted and very worried they will keep sharing our news.

P.s no one clocked the t-shirt lol

PrincessConsuela12 Fri 23-Aug-19 21:01:34

Aww glad it went well @BlueberryPoppy123 will you tell everyone else now or are you going to wait a little longer?

This thread is not accepting new messages.