Talk

Advanced search

September 2019 #12

(1000 Posts)
Florencenotflo Sat 10-Aug-19 20:16:22

Aaahhhh... thread number 12! Hold on tight ladies... here come the babies!

iano Sat 10-Aug-19 20:19:43

Cross posted with @Florencenotflo. Thanks for setting up a new thread.
just reposting here..

Got my section date through (at 40+6) as they don't want to induce me. Looks like I have a pre-section appointment the day before. Do I need DH to come for that? I'm just wondering what that's all about. I don't what him wasting a day paternity leave if I can go on my own and it's just a chat.

boodles101 Sat 10-Aug-19 20:22:14

iano how exciting, what date is it booked for? I believe at the pre op they will take some blood, discuss the anaesthetic, what will happen for the section etc. Im not going to take DH to mine, but I think happydays has already had hers so she might be able to provide some more insight.

Thanks for the new thread florencenotflo
Thread 12 is about to be full of babies!

Florencenotflo Sat 10-Aug-19 20:28:18

@iano I haven't ever had an elective (but hopefully will this time) so if it's not going to inconvenience your DH (work wise) could he come with you (even if it's to drop you off) and then after go for lunch and a walk or something.

We're hoping to plan a nice day out the day before once we know when I'll be going in!

easterbuns1 Sat 10-Aug-19 21:30:29

@iano you don't need your husband there for preop unless you particularly want him there. They will take bloods for cross matching, go over consent form and when they made my appointment they mentioned meds for night before so I assume for my bowels. I'm not taking my dp although have no idea how I will be getting there as I pretty much can't drive now.

Karigan195 Sat 10-Aug-19 21:40:49

Marking place.

How exciting that dates are coming through.

challengeyourreality Sat 10-Aug-19 21:44:08

Marking my place here too, thanks for the new thread @Florencenotflo

Puglover88 Sat 10-Aug-19 22:14:44

@Florencenotflo thanks for starting a new thread!

@challengeyourreality ah that’s good to know, it did shock me a little as it was such a sudden jolt like her whole body had moved! Sushi and cheese sound good - I’m going to bake a Camembert and eat the whole thing myself!

iano Sat 10-Aug-19 22:25:15

Fab! Thanks all that's really helpful. I'll leave DH to go to work. Will have to find childcare for DS though.
I had an emergency section last time so I missed the pre-op chat. grin sounds very chilled.
@boodles101 It's booked for 19.9.19. I'm hoping baby will come before though, as I had horrific complications from the last section.

db92 Sat 10-Aug-19 22:43:23

Thanks @Florencenotflo

Megan2018 Sun 11-Aug-19 04:23:04

Thanks for the new thread! It’s all starting to scare me tbh. I’m having a minor panic at the thought of an actual baby.
Just got up for a wee and found that one boob has started leaking. That was a bit of a shock to the system at 4am! shock
(35+3)

easterbuns1 Sun 11-Aug-19 07:04:14

Only up 3 times to pee last night! But then quite spectacularly sick and brought up all last nights dinner at 6am. It's always a struggle to get down on floor quick enough to aim into toilet with the spd and even worse trying to get up again. Woke eldest up who is now up for the day and asking for Xbox time when I just want silence to try and nod back off. It's going to be a long morning. They are off to their dad today though so hopefully will be able to rest this week since I feel like crap.

Dipsy77 Sun 11-Aug-19 07:08:46

Thanks @Florencenotflo

IVEgottheDECAF Sun 11-Aug-19 07:36:34

Morning all

Ty for the new thread florence

Easter Are you still being sick often? I have been being sick a couple of times a week for the past 2-3 weeks.

36+3 here, mw tomorrow!

DustyDoorframes Sun 11-Aug-19 07:39:37

Ouf easter that's miserable! Here's to a day of naps!!!

happydays00 Sun 11-Aug-19 08:27:34

Oh @easterbuns1 you poor thing! I hope you can get some rest today!!

@iano - I had my pre op for the ELCS on Friday. Didn't take my DH with me: I signed some forms, we went through what would happen (in theory) on the morning, nil by mouth, got my blood forms (I have to go back 1-2 days before mine as I have antibodies in my blood so apparently has to be taken just before the section), ermmm I think that was it. I was extremely sick the last time I had a spinal so I spoke about IV anti emetics and asked a couple of questions but it was all very chilled and I was basically in and out in 20 minutes I think.

My nipples are getting so sore - are anyone else's?

@IVEgottheDECAF - has your "d"p improved at all over the weekend?

KnobJockey Sun 11-Aug-19 08:29:52

Morning guys! Sorry you're feeling rough Easter, definitely make time for a power nap this afternoon.

Woke up feeling quite good here, had 2 stretches of 4 hour sleep last night, that's the best I've managed in weeks!

KnobJockey Sun 11-Aug-19 08:30:50

Happydays00, yes! Sore nipples are definitely making a comeback!

IVEgottheDECAF Sun 11-Aug-19 08:38:45

Happydays No, we are now barely speaking. He is still being a useless man child. Great.

Realised dont have stand for moses basket so i just ordered one via Amazon.

Still only half packed my hospital bag but think babies bag is done.

kyles101 Sun 11-Aug-19 09:24:30

@IVEgottheDECAF as the proud owner of a fellow man child I feel your pain. Although mine had definitely made improvements over the last few months we still have the occasional slip back.

Wedding was good yesterday, Shane about the wind. They're such long days through aren't they... especially when you can't have a drink! Christening today so another long one but then I can see some chilling and nesting in sight!!

easterbuns1 Sun 11-Aug-19 09:24:47

Thanks all. @IVEgottheDECAF I'm the same usually 2-3 times a week and been like that for ages. I'm also barely speaking to my dp so solidarity there too.

Debating taking the kettle and mini fridge upstairs once children have gone and making a nest in my room for the week!

IVEgottheDECAF Sun 11-Aug-19 09:27:09

Omg bedroom nest sounds brilliant. Unfortunately my DC are going nowhere, currently refereeing between 6 year old and almost 3 year old and had enough of it all ready!

iano Sun 11-Aug-19 09:28:42

Thanks @happydays00!

@IVEgottheDECAF I've got the opposite problem. Have the stand for the Moses basket but no basket. So annoying! I have no idea where it could be.

I've washed babies clothes and packed some of them in the bag. Not done my bit yet though... I guess I better get on with it.

IVEgottheDECAF Sun 11-Aug-19 09:30:18

Oh no! You can use a basket without a stand but not the other way around! Ours was in the loft, have you checked there?

IVEgottheDECAF Sun 11-Aug-19 09:30:44

Or have you loaned to a friend maybe?

This thread is not accepting new messages.