Talk

Advanced search

April 2020

(104 Posts)
turtletum Wed 07-Aug-19 09:36:35

I am tentatively starting this thread, as I got my bfp today and don't think there's an April bus yet. Any one want to join and hand hold through these first uncertain weeks?
I'm 35, been ttc dc2 for a little while.

SeptemberDaisies Wed 07-Aug-19 16:29:38

I got my BFP last week. I am 33 and this is my second too!
Congratulations!

rach1213 Wed 07-Aug-19 22:00:17

Can I join please. My EDD is 14/4 and if all works out this will be baby no 7!! (I've had a couple of losses before so I'm taking nothing for granted at this point. )

Worrywart21 Wed 07-Aug-19 22:45:45

Hello!

I’m due around 16th April with my third. I’m 28 and completely shocked as it was unplanned and we were done.

It’s been a day since finding out and we are slowly accepting it.

We had planned to get married two weeks after my due date so that will need to be changed now. Our wedding has been in the planning process for 2 years and we’ve spent so much money. Two weeks ago I bought my dream dress!

Everyone is going to be shocked with our news as it’s all my family have spoke about for literally months. I am/was gutted and cried for hours but I’m ok now.

I’m not sure when to tell family that 1. I’m pregnant & 2. The wedding is postponed.

My partner thinks we should do it now... I’m only 4 weeks! And whilst I do want to tell them as I have had to have 2 now pointless conversations about my wedding today, I also would like to keep it secret for a while and just change the wedding date with the suppliers. Any advice?

aprilfoolsbaby Thu 08-Aug-19 03:33:05

Tentative hello from me too. I'm 41 and this will be my third due 14th April - DC are 7 and 11 and this baby is with my DP who hasn't got any of his own so he's super excited. Had a CP in September so not taking anything for granted and am always symptom spotting.

turtletum Thu 08-Aug-19 12:00:54

Congratulations to you all. It's such a worrying time isn't it? Especially for those who've had losses. Sorry. I'll keep my fingers crossed that these babies stick.

@worry - tricky situation. Any chance you could look into the possibility of changing the date of your wedding? Maybe bring it forward? Postpone? Some venues are pretty understanding. I'd not been changing it just yet, but would want to know my options. No advice about whether to tell family or not. Would they be excited? Supportive? If not, I'd wait.

I might tell close family soon, mostly so I'll have support if I do have a loss. But dp isn't keen to tell anyone yet as its so early. We haven't quite agreed yet.

HettiSpagetti Thu 08-Aug-19 13:50:50

Hello all and congratulations. Due 6/4 with a surprise second! The shock is slowly subsiding.

Feeling sick already this time- didn’t kick in until around 7 weeks last time. Also been starving all the time the last few days.

MujosMama Sat 10-Aug-19 01:50:06

Hello all 👋 I just got my bfp tonight, very happy to have somewhere to hang out as we have agreed not to tell anyone else for a couple of weeks, just in case.

It's my 2nd, I'm 33 with a 2 year old boy. I had chemo last year and was given a 50/50 chance of conceiving again so I'm incredibly excited but also trying not to make any presumptions!

Markey2510 Sat 10-Aug-19 08:07:25

Hi everyone , got my Bfp yesterday I’m feeling very overwhelmed as we’ve just celebrated our eldest child’s 18th birthday !! Also this little bean will be baby number
9!

Persipan Sat 10-Aug-19 11:41:36

A tentative hello from me. I'm 42, single, pregnant with a double-donor embryo following epic amounts of fertility treatment, and due on 10 April. I do have a history of miscarriages, though, so there's still ample chance for it all to go horribly wrong!

rach1213 Sat 10-Aug-19 21:55:49

Gosh- some difficult "back stories"- I'm so glad we have all achieved our pregnancies against the odds , and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us to meet our miracles next April.

How is everyone feeling? I am not having many symptoms and am feeling anxious in case this is a bad sign. Also my clearblue tests haven't progressed past 2-3 weeks yet. I must stop testing!!

HerSymphonyAndSong Sun 11-Aug-19 18:41:41

Cautiously joining - took a test today with my period 5 days late and it came up with a strong positive, so now 5 weeks and Edd of 12/04/20 by LMP. We were away abroad last week with PILs so I didn’t want to test until we were home, and today was the earliest I could get hold of one. Really excited and happy but also pretty daunted as I am still breastfeeding my first at 15mo (no plans to stop yet!) and he has only recently started to sleep more than 2 hours consecutively a night. Also it is very early days though I feel crap and already getting the pregnancy insomnia I had last time!

Congratulations to everyone and hoping for the best for us all

HerSymphonyAndSong Sun 11-Aug-19 19:17:01

“How is everyone feeling? I am not having many symptoms and am feeling anxious in case this is a bad sign”

It varies so much for person to person - I don’t think I felt unwell until 7ish weeks last time (i forget) - my main symptom was rock hard painful breasts but I don’t have that at all this time (I assume because I’m breastfeeding). I think the reason why I feel crap so early this time is probably more to do with the hellish journey back from holiday we had on Thursday, with a toddler with a temperature and a 3-hr flight delay. I had two hours’ sleep that night and still haven’t recovered from it

NoseringGirl Sun 11-Aug-19 19:27:48

Hello! I'm very cautiously joining if I can please? I got a faint positive yesterday and today. I had a loss last month and one a year ago. We've been trying for 15 months and I'm not convinced this one will stick but trying to be positive! This will be our third child if all goes well! EDD 23/4 so VERY early days here.

MujosMama Mon 12-Aug-19 09:08:41

Is anyone else resisting the urge to test over and over? I am only on cycle day 26 now, 2 days after testing positive, and am fighting the urge to test every day!!

NoseringGirl Mon 12-Aug-19 17:42:29

@MujosMama I'm limiting myself to testing once a day at the moment rather than multiple times and if I manage that, I consider myself to be doing well grin

HettiSpagetti Mon 12-Aug-19 19:41:02

6 weeks today. I’ve only tested twice, will just wait and see! Feeling much better than I was (which is also worrying!) but still starving and tired.

It’s a long wait the first trimester...

HerSymphonyAndSong Mon 12-Aug-19 19:43:45

I’ve also only tested twice as I only had two tests and the first one I didn’t dip in the urine for long enough so I dipped it again, which I know you aren’t supposed to do but it immediately came up positive within seconds. So I did another one properly this morning just to be sure!

CodlingMoth Wed 14-Aug-19 12:44:07

Hi there are a whole lot more of us over here too grin www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3640572-April-2020-Babies

pinkpeoniesplease Thu 15-Aug-19 06:16:16

Hello 👋

I am due 23/4 with my third, but had a previous miscarriage at around 6-7 weeks so not getting too excited just yet...

@HerSymphonyAndSong I was breastfeeding when I got pregnant with my second. Eldest was 2 1/2 when youngest was born, we tandem fed for a short time and he stopped feeding just after he was three. I'm feeding my almost 3 year old currently so we'll see what happens this time...!

HerSymphonyAndSong Thu 15-Aug-19 06:30:23

That’s interesting to know pinkpeonies - he doesn’t show any signs of stopping yet so I may well ask for your advice if all goes well!

Tisfortired Thu 15-Aug-19 07:57:06

Hello everybody smile another tentative hello from me too. Got my bfp yesterday after 2 years of trying for #2, DS is almost 6.

I did both tests in the packet and there is a (faint) line on both. AF is also late but I still don't believe it! Going to do a FRER today to be double sure!

Hope everybody has a happy and healthy few months ahead!

smileyplatapus Thu 15-Aug-19 19:53:25

Tentative hello from me too

Got bfp on Tuesday. Very shocked as thought we had left it too late and thinking lots of things at the moment

Got 3 plus weeks on a clear blue digital and was only just due AF so I'm worried why it's so high.

I know I ovulated 2 weeks ago so can't see how it is reading so high

Also worrying about everything else

veeboo Fri 16-Aug-19 18:49:42

Hi I'd like to join if that's okay. I've been lurking for a week and I'm not quite sure I believe it yet. I'm 32, this will be my first baby and I'm 5 weeks today by my calculations. We were trying for 18 months and about to start fertility treatment. How is everyone feeling? I've started to get nausea today. It's a very strange time!

sophr72 Sat 17-Aug-19 20:35:40

I'd like to join too (tentatively of course) I'm 6+1 so I'm due 11th April with baby number 1.

I'd love to have somewhere to share this journey with as it's all so new and terrifying - I feel like I've googled just about every question imaginable and sometimes the answers are plain scary rather than rational.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »