Talk

Advanced search

Twin / multiple pregnancy

(66 Posts)
SleepingStandingUp Mon 05-Aug-19 10:44:47

Anyone else pregnant with not then 1? I have a lovely month group but the chatty ones are all having singletons and with the extra scans and additional worries I don't feel I really have anyone else to talk to going through the same so thought it might help others too?

Currnetly 17 weeks pregnant with mono Di babies

appletart99 Mon 05-Aug-19 10:54:53

Twinner here! 25 wks with DCDA. Totally get your worries. Am lucky that mine are slightly less high risk but am starting to feel very massive. Also sore hips and anaemic despite being on iron.
How are you feeling? Feel free to vent your concerns!!

appletart99 Mon 05-Aug-19 10:55:08

Twinner here! 25 wks with DCDA. Totally get your worries. Am lucky that mine are slightly less high risk but am starting to feel very massive. Also sore hips and anaemic despite being on iron.
How are you feeling? Feel free to vent your concerns!!

appletart99 Mon 05-Aug-19 10:55:49

Sorry - didn't mean to post twice. It said it hadn't worked

thetwinkles Mon 05-Aug-19 11:22:04

Hello 21 weeks with DCDA boy/girl twins. Originally thought I had MCDA but it turned out I had a fused placenta and it was actually two separate pregnancies. Feeling rubbish the last few days, my back is agony sad

greyby25 Mon 05-Aug-19 12:11:03

Hi! 32 weeks on Thursday with my mono dis, made the decision to go for induction when I get to 36-37 weeks. Most of the anxious part is over for me now but I do agree the extra scans make you feel as though it's inevitable that something will go wrong x

greyby25 Mon 05-Aug-19 12:11:09

Hi! 32 weeks on Thursday with my mono dis, made the decision to go for induction when I get to 36-37 weeks. Most of the anxious part is over for me now but I do agree the extra scans make you feel as though it's inevitable that something will go wrong x

thetwinkles Mon 05-Aug-19 12:28:50

What I'm struggling with it guessing size for clothes etc. My other babies have been nearly 9lbs so I cannot imagine teeny tiny babes. I've just bought newborn so far!

greyby25 Mon 05-Aug-19 13:39:56

greyby25 Mon 05-Aug-19 13:40:29

Don't know why it's posted 3 times hmm

villainousbroodmare Mon 05-Aug-19 13:45:14

1yo twins here. The pregnancy was the hardest part so far even though all went well and I got to term. I suppose you have to be prepared for early arrivals though. My advice is to load in the iron and if you do become anaemic, to push hard for an iron infusion as that was transformative for me in terms of energy. Twins are brilliant fun.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 05-Aug-19 14:33:57

Hi, I think as DS was such a critically ill baby from birth, 13 weeks stay initially but really in and out for 18 months with operation after operation, its hard to imagine that a high risk twin pregnancy could pissiy be less traumatic, but with a 4 yo at home over Xmas too.
I'm on a prem group for DS too so I hear all the twin horror stories.

Have they offered you Iron infusions @appletart99 as Villain mentioned? My bloods at the start were fine but no idea when they're due to be redone.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 05-Aug-19 14:37:38

@thetwinkles did they figure it out based on the babies sexes? I guess deo on weight later you could get some early baby ones. First born was 5lb 6 so think I'd be confused by a big one lol

@villainousbroodmare glad to hear the pregnancy was the worst bit 😁

@greyby25 doesn't hel othat I've got an anterior placenta too so can't really feel anything either. It's interesting you say you're opting for the induction, midwife told me pretty much IF I make it to 36, they're coming out.

thetwinkles Mon 05-Aug-19 15:59:30

@SleepingStandingUp yes it was the mismatched sexes that gave it away! They still appear as mcda but can not possibly be so they must have a fused placenta 😂

greyby25 Mon 05-Aug-19 18:09:03

My doctor seems quite confident I will go to 37 weeks but I'm doubtful, having all the pains etc I had from 37 weeks + with my first daughter, and I carried her to 40 weeks, so considering I'm only 32 on Thursday I think I'll make it to about 35/36. But if I get to that point I'll be having an induction as the idea of c section terrifies me ! Both babies are head down also so it's looking good so far !

SleepingStandingUp Mon 05-Aug-19 18:19:20

Ah cool @thetwinkles I read about twins formed from two sperm entering one egg and cresting one of each sex that gave DH hope we might get one of each hahaha, altho I took the odds are lottery like!!

SleepingStandingUp Mon 05-Aug-19 18:20:57

@greyby25 ah yes, does sound like they're getting ready to pack up their bags and pull the plug on their luxury apartment lol.

boodles101 Mon 05-Aug-19 19:00:22

34+3 here with boy/girl DCDA twins.
Everything going smoothly here so far but starting to struggle with the huge belly and weight of everything now. I've decided to go for an ELCS as my DS birth was pretty traumatic but my hospital want me to go to 37-38 weeks, which I'm dreading!
Seeing my consultant on weds so hoping to pin down a date somewhere between 36-37!

thetwinkles Mon 05-Aug-19 19:22:09

@SleepingStandingUp I read that too, semi identical twins!

thetwinkles Mon 05-Aug-19 19:23:26

@boodles101 good luck!

SleepingStandingUp Mon 05-Aug-19 20:39:04

It's interesting how much variation there is even in just when to have baby, I guess with mono Di they figure once they're out they can't develop ttts so there's less reason to keep them in 😕
I was huge with DS due to excess fluid so really don't feel very big yet, feel like everyone thinks u should be bigger!

boodles101 Wed 07-Aug-19 11:38:25

I've been booked for ELCS at 38weeks. Thats so far away! I know there's no reason to have it earlier if everything is fine with myself and babies, but mentally and physically it's hard to keep going that long!

SleepingStandingUp Wed 07-Aug-19 13:13:24

Ooh I bet boodles, home stretch now! Hope you're coping OK with the weather

PowerslidePanda Mon 12-Aug-19 20:27:37

Just stumbled across this thread - I'm 25 weeks with DCDA twins (both girls). Coping ok physically so far (though the acid reflux has been ramping up recently), but can definitely relate to the concerns about them arriving early!

SleepingStandingUp Mon 12-Aug-19 23:48:29

Hi Powerslide. What's the monitoring and scans like for dcda babies? Have they spoke about how far they'll ideally leave you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »