Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing Course Derbyshire

(5 Posts)
seavas Thu 01-Aug-19 08:12:45

Hi. I’m looking for recommendations for a hypnobirthing course or something with a similar approach to help me prepare for a more mindful birth. Ideally located around Chesterfield / Matlock area but can travel a bit further. I’ve found one but the tone of the website isn’t quite what I was hoping for. Thank you!

TequilaMockingbird0 Thu 01-Aug-19 08:39:31

Can't help on courses you actually attend in person but I'd recommend The Positive Birth Company's online course hugely. Definitely worth a look into.
I got just as much out of that (£35 or so) than I got from a 2 day course in London at one of the top hypnobirthing courses for £300.

seavas Thu 01-Aug-19 08:50:18

Thanks I will look into that. I guess I wanted to attend a course to make sure I actually do it... not always that great at self study!

TequilaMockingbird0 Thu 01-Aug-19 08:51:40

It's videos of between 3-10 minutes long so really easy to dip in and out of, I didn't find it hard to make myself focus!
If it gives you the motivation to read a book too, I'd recommend The Positive Birth Book by Milli Hill. It's the best thing I've ever read about birth and pregnancy.

seavas Thu 01-Aug-19 12:59:36

Fab! Somebody else recommended that book, too. It must be good!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »