Talk

Advanced search

26 weeks baby girl with brain bleed and others complications

(12 Posts)
Yummy98 Sun 28-Jul-19 15:45:02

Hello,
not sure this is the right place for my post, but will just give it a go ..
our little one had to be delivered two weeks ago by C-section and has been in nicu intensive care since. She is very poorly: Grade 4 brain bleed, has not opened her bowels yet, suspected infection .. .
We are very worried and scared for her as the doctors diagnosis stays rather grim.
Would be thankful for any advice from parents who endured such situation and would like to hear what the outcome was.

Thanks!

writersbeenblocked Sun 28-Jul-19 15:46:10

Handhold for you OP flowers

WishUponAStar88 Sun 28-Jul-19 15:52:08

I have no parental experience but have nursed many many similar babies. I’m sure you’ve been kept up to speed with the medical bits by the teams looking after your little girl though. Please take time to look after yourself and sleep/ eat/ drink plenty. If expressing is something you want to do then please ask for support if it is not coming easily as is often the case with babies so early. I assume your little girl is ventilated but if no extreme blood pressure worries maybe ask if you can have a cuddle/ skin to skin for a short while if you haven’t already. I wish you (and her of course) all the best, the road of an extreme premmie is rarely smooth flowersflowers

Cucumbersalad Sun 28-Jul-19 15:54:58

I will pray for her and all of you Yummy 💐

Yummy98 Sun 28-Jul-19 21:24:59

Thanks for your post! Yes she is being ventilated and i told myself to eat and sleep, even if I feel different. Try to hold on onto Faith and wait for some good news. We had one cuddle but some days after there was blood in the tube of the ventilator, so could not cuddle. Hope to be able soon. She started receiving some drops of my breastmilk and she seems to tolarate it...sth positive...

WishUponAStar88 Wed 31-Jul-19 06:29:32

How are you and your daughter yummy?

Yummy98 Wed 31-Jul-19 19:20:39

Hello WishUponAStar88
Thanks for for yr message. We are trying to cope..very difficult, our daughter is still poorly and still needing full ventilation.
Also her PDA duct is not closed, plus other issues. They are giving her paracetamol for that.
Hopping for some good news soon...

Cucumbersalad Wed 31-Jul-19 20:20:47

The poor little mite. Thinking of you all; you're in my prayers.

Remember, when a train goes through a dark tunnel - sit tight and trust the driver.

WishUponAStar88 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:13:07

Poor little poppet. Thinking of her and you too. I’m sure you know but all babies are born with a pda. Most close themselves in a few weeks but it’s very common for this not to happen with premmies. I hope the meds work but if not a pda ligation is a very quite procedure should it come to that flowers

YouWhoNeverArrived Tue 20-Aug-19 22:19:17

How are you getting on, @Yummy98?

Yummy98 Wed 21-Aug-19 08:58:48

Thanks for checking on us YouWhoNeverArrived!
Our little girl is almost 6 weeks now. There had been some progress: came off the ventilator and cpap and is on high flow now. Her PDA is smaller and not an issue at the moment. She gained weight, is now 1500 g, born with 870g. So really thankfull to God for her.
But she developed hydrocephalus because of the bleed on the brain. Has to have surgery to insert some kind of shunt to drain the liquids. Hopping for the best!

Thanks!

TtcanotherG Thu 12-Sep-19 22:03:19

Hi yummy
Hope u and ur baby girl are doing well.
Hope the shunt was success x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »