Talk

Advanced search

Nothing local!!

(5 Posts)
Hanraa1 Sun 30-Jun-19 17:15:09

I am due my first baby in Jan 2020. I now live about 20miles away from most of my friends. I was really excited to join groups both pre baby and post baby to make friends locally. But there is nothing!! No NCT, no pregnancy yoga, no baby massage, no aquanatal. It's really upset me as it was something I was really excited about. I know I could go further a field but then that defeats the point of me meeting other new mums nearby. Did anyone else have this problem and find any solutions? Any other places I could look that I may have missed. I dont know this area well and dont have children already so could be missing a goldmine of resources? I hope so!!

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Sun 30-Jun-19 17:23:05

What about the NHS antenatal classes?
Soft play centres round here do baby groups and classes.

FakeTanandProsecco Sun 30-Jun-19 17:37:33

Many churches run parent and baby sessions, usually super cheap (here they're £1) and are a good place to meet parents. Is there a Children's Centre close to you? They are a great resource! Where i am (deprived northern city) they run tons of baby and parent sessions for free or again a small contribution.

Your midwife should have details of antenatal classes in your local trust, and may know about other useful groups. Ditto your health visitor when you see them (where i am you meet them at 34-36 weeks for an introduction appointment and then see them when baby is 10 days old).

Hanraa1 Sun 30-Jun-19 17:44:14

NHS options a bit limited due to my job and local area. I dont want to be going to classes with my clients, not snobby reasons, more professional. If that makes sense? I was just hoping to get some stuff in before baby arrives and all my friends with babies have such lovely nct groups that they still see even 2 years down the line. Guess I'm just a bit gutted to miss out on that.
The hospital runs a free hypnobirthing group which I will go to and I'm sure will be great. Just feel a bit let down about the fun stuff like yoga etc.
Could also just be hormonal!!

anon812 Tue 06-Aug-19 14:57:49

That's annoying, where are you based? I'm in Notting hill and there was no NCT but found something called bump and baby which is similar

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »