Talk

Advanced search

Due March 2008 - we'd give in to our cravings, but we're probably asleep

(557 Posts)
merryberry Fri 20-Jul-07 13:18:19

Welcome!

merryberry Fri 20-Jul-07 13:20:46

Oh god minnow, I'm sorry to hear they've been so pants, wasting your time and putting you through such uncertainty. Hang on here with us if you find it helps, we'll keep you as sane as humanly possible. I think your plan to wait is very sensible, it sounds like the unit is a miserable place for you to be.

lauzie Fri 20-Jul-07 13:21:55

Hello!

Gosh I feel sooo sick today, and worn out too!

at least I'm at home today and not at work!

Re- cravings, I'm going mad for capri-suns and sanguinello, I did with ds too- could be for the vitamin c I suppose!

I have forgotten everuthing from other post so excuse me for the mo!

xx

merryberry Fri 20-Jul-07 13:22:04

Current craving: a tub of rollmop herrings a day.

merryberry Fri 20-Jul-07 13:23:29

X-post on t'other thread, piekin

lauzie Fri 20-Jul-07 13:24:08

Oh sorry Minnow, I have just swapped back to the other thread and seen your news. Sorry it was so horrible, fingers crossed all is fine.

lauzie Fri 20-Jul-07 13:27:49

Rollmops?! Yeuch!

merryberry Fri 20-Jul-07 13:31:36

I think it's the vinegar thing, mentioned on t'other thread.

skidoodle Fri 20-Jul-07 13:38:30

oh minnow, sorry to hear about your experiences. that sounds horrible.

seems like you're dealing with it really well. hope all is well for you.

HolidaysQueen Fri 20-Jul-07 13:42:25

Hi Minnow - lots of positive thoughts for you from me (i'll be 5 weeks on Monday too). FWIW I think your idea of not going back is the right one - scan won't make a difference to what happens therefore perhaps better not to put yourself in a depressing environment and instead focus on looking after yourself for the next few weeks and see what happens. fingers and toes crossed for you.
Merryberry - I'm the opposite on vinegar - normally love it (including rollmops!) but pickled beetroot (which I normally love) completely turned my stomach earlier this week!

merryberry Fri 20-Jul-07 13:45:10

{{Better not upset HolidayQueens stomach with tales of fishfingers DIPPED in balsamic a few days ago then}}

pipsqueeke Fri 20-Jul-07 13:52:19

hello all, just read on the other thread cravings erm no none for me yet - althou with ds they didn't kick in till late - althou a the minute it's everything/anything choclate. esp mars bars I remmeber loving those all the more with DS lol.

min sorry to hear of such a crap exp.

pm - how far gone etc are you? did you test early - I should swop dr's althou you don't tend to see them really once hte m/w's are involved stick to your guns thou and don't be bullied intoa nything because the dr wants it or thinks it's easier. you can get false positives but they're v rare from what I hear.

anyhow best go, DS is currently laughing at the dogs as he's eating his dinner late and teasing tehm with his ham - GREMLIN I tell you.

DontlookatmeImshy Fri 20-Jul-07 13:53:38

I like the thread title mb

Welcome and Congrats to all the newbies.

Minnow, sorry you had such an unpleasant time. Will keep everything crossed for you that the bleeding stops and everything is ok.

Pink - your doctor sounds useless. IIRC you probably won't have to see her again, just the midwives. And afaik you can't get a false positive by testing too early. False negatives yes, but not positives.

Sweetkitty - hope you have a stress free pregnancy this time. My pg with ds was similar, loved being pregnant but it was spoilt a bit by all the other stress going on at the time.

I have just been to the last Toddler group before summer (what am i going to do for 6 weeks!!!!!) and it has taken me over 1hour to do a 15 minute drive because all the little country roads I normally go on are flooded/blocked and turning into rivers. One road was so bad you could see the water literally ripping the edge of the road away as it flowed down it.

I'm really starting to suffer with the tiredness now. Someone mentioned I was looking tired at todd group. Not helping myself by having a late night last night though.

glammarjoram Fri 20-Jul-07 14:03:52

Hi guys,

Haven't posted for a while as had to sort out a few problems. Hopefully things are back to normal now. Derah thank you for your concern but things are really ok now. Wow, so many new people. Hello to you all. Minnow, hope things turn out ok.
I am the sickest I have ever been, feel absolutely appalling for most of the time. Eating helps but at this rate I'm going to be massive by 12 weeks and I'm no sylph now. GP/midwives are probably going to give me a hard time but a choice between eating and not feeling like death or not eating and unable to move from a prone position? No contest, I have a 7year old DD and a full time job and I'm just hoping this will pass soon. And talk about vivid dreams, had the sexiest one about Boris Johnson!!!!! It would be nice to sleep for more than an hour and a half without having to get up for a pee. And the pain in my breasts when I stand up at 3 am! Looks like the distinctly unsexy shoulder boulder holder is going to be a constant fixture. Hope you guys are all right. Anyone else got cravings for meat and apples?

DontlookatmeImshy Fri 20-Jul-07 14:06:26

I have that craving! I wonder if it means anything

(actually I'm craving anything edible at the moment lol) I craved cheese with ds but not fussed this time round.

glammarjoram Fri 20-Jul-07 14:09:35

Normally I'd devour anything with a high sugar content bit I have completely lost interest in chocolate. Having a daily hot chocolate tho as I'm not keen on plain milk and i'm worried about my calcium levels. I could eat savoury food tho until the cows come home. I really fancy a pork pie.........

derah Fri 20-Jul-07 14:18:31

Love the new thread title!

Glad you're OK Marjoram, I've been worried about you.

You guys have to read this thread. It's had me in stitches!

glammarjoram Fri 20-Jul-07 14:28:13

That thread is amazing. Could have done with that a week ago!

fitzfrodo Fri 20-Jul-07 14:57:38

Afternoon all, i can't beleive how many postings there are i thought i would be the first on!
i think i recognise some names from the past .. was anyone due August 06? Had DS then also have 4 yr old step son.
HAd to tell few more people today as i literally look like shit and burst into tears on my lunch break because the stupid woman at BHS wouldn't take back some of Ds trousers that i bought last week
Just sat at my desk munching away through 3rd choc muffin from Greggs...fook it it's Friday!

lauzie Fri 20-Jul-07 15:14:44

thanks for that link Derah! I have tears running down my face with laughing- ds thinks I've lost the plot esp. as I was in tears just before i looked at it!

fitzfrodo Fri 20-Jul-07 15:28:08

4th chocco muffin and pmsl at thread, the admin woman keeps thinking i'm laughing at her and telling even more stupid jokes...she hasn't got a frigging clue!

littleducks Fri 20-Jul-07 16:38:22

minnow- i went through all the early scans last time and it was stressful and pointless, they thought it was ectopic but dd was fine so obv not, i have had miscarriages since and have kept well away as i think it just adds stress and you are right as they cant do anything you will still be pregnant or not in a couple of weeks, they can only tell you what is happening at that exact moment so any relief from a good scan results is replaced by worry it wont stay right, and sometimes bad results turn out fine as your dates arent perfect, your body doesnt work to the timetable, there cant be a good view so you are sent away rto come back.

I would stay away, stay positive, eat and drink well and we all have our fingers crossed.

beckyndanuk Fri 20-Jul-07 17:59:23

Evening Gang
Sorry to hear about your day Minnow.
Forgot to say that yesterday someone at work cooked everyone curry. It was all I could do to sit in the same room as them and eat a very plain ham sandwitch!
Morning sickness definatly worse today

abbybaby Fri 20-Jul-07 18:34:36

Hello... I'm new! Supposedly Due March 11th. I've been having a few abdominal pains for the last couple of days they seem to be isolated to the left side so I told my doc this morning who refered me to a hospital just incase it was an ectopic pregnancy and I had an early scan today, the doctor who did the scan wasn't a pro with the machine as the usual radiographer had gone home, but she could see "something" in to womb, it looked like a round blob, she said she couldn't make out a fetal pole. But at least it's in the right place. I'm back for another blood test on Sunday to make sure my HGC levels are doubling like normal and I'm booked in for another "more detailed" scan on monday. Hoping the pains are nothing to worry about but it's just a relief to see the baby's in the right place.

Appart from this I've felt tired and my boobs seem bigger and definitly more sensitive. But no sickness or cravings!

I'm going to read back throught the other threads to get up to speed with everyone else, but hope you're all well!

x x x

spugs Fri 20-Jul-07 18:36:46

were getting busy arent we!
im not having any cravings but then i never did with my last 2. Felt a bit more rougth this morning but not really bad and im tired but that may be due to cutting out caffine completly.
One major thing i am noticing is i have a pot! Im 5 ft 10 and a size 10 and never have a pot! my trousers are getting tight and everything. there were 5 yrs between my dds so my muscles had gone back didnt realise what a difference it made when the didnt have the chance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now