Talk

Advanced search

December 2019-Thread 2

(1000 Posts)
BostonFern Wed 08-May-19 20:14:28

Kicking off a new thread since the last one if nearly full!

smartcarnotsosmartdriver Wed 08-May-19 21:23:38

Thanks for starting the new thread @BostonFern. I think you're about the same as me (10+6) when are you planning on telling people? We were waiting for our 12 week scan which came through at 13+5 so DH booked a private one for 12+2 so we could let the cat out of the bag but I've just read about Edwards' syndrome and scared the crap out of myself and now I'm really not sure.

BostonFern Wed 08-May-19 21:41:32

@smartcarnotsosmartdriver yes, I'm close to your dates too- 11+1 now if the most recent scan is to be believed. I still haven't had my 12 week scan appointment, so I think we will be doing the same and booking a private one close to 12 weeks. We get our Panorama results back next week too (also quite anxious about that, but we got it done early so we could find out as close to 12w as possible). I think we will start telling friends and wider family once we know the results and have had a scan around the 12 week mark. I'm still feeling pants, especially at work, so it'll be a relief to tell people so they understand why I've been struggling.

smartcarnotsosmartdriver Wed 08-May-19 22:30:49

Agreed, I think some people think I'm off my rocker. The pain in my hips and pelvis made me walk weirdly today and someone asked me if I'd fallen down the stairs. We've not opted for any additional testing other than the test the NHS offers at the scan combined with the blood test but as neither of these is conclusive I think we'll just go with if everything looks ok at our private scan (a week on Saturday) then that's as good as it's going to get.

fonxey Wed 08-May-19 23:33:59

I'm not sure how i feel admit the tests for downs/edwards and the other.

I have to admit i don't think I'm cut out to look after a disabled child but then i guess most people would never say they are either beforehand. Is like to think that no matter what happend is love it. Any i probably would, but would i love it enough?

I've worked around people with severe (as in very severe) disabilities and i don't know if i could mentally handle it. Which makes me feel bad. What if i couldn't love it enough? And do i really think I'll be capable at the age of 60 to be still worrying over a child as if he is still a baby cos they've never got beyond that stage?

So party of me thinks is rather not know so not presented with that decision. I know it sounds daft and kinda contrary. But then i kinda feel of it happens I'll just have to deal with it, not as if they can test for every possible thing yet.

Just gotta reminds myself that the likelihood of that is much smaller compared to having a healthy typical child.

Bah, worry brain is on. Plus on holiday with a bit of morning sickness. I usually only feel sick in the supermarket. Maybe it was that fish...ugh.

Starrynights86 Thu 09-May-19 09:36:22

I am 7+5 today, early scan changed edd to 21/12 but he said it could change again at 12 week scan which we are having at 11+4.

@foxney even once they are born you don’t stop worrying! Is she talking fast enough, crawling fast enough etc etc

fonxey Thu 09-May-19 11:27:39

@Starrynights86 I know, and if I'm worrying now? Haha.

No I think at least once the baby is here and the fingers and toes add up I'll at least know it's ok.

Saying that where I work as a theatre support whether i see many young children as old as only a day have operations that would scare me. It's scary knowing and seeing what can go wrong. The poor parents... But no, I won't think that!

LovesHisMummyReally Thu 09-May-19 11:35:28

Hi ladies

Just back from 7 week scan to be told there is an hb but that I am only measuring 6 weeks. This doesn't tally at all with when 8 conceived and got bfp and had the exact same experience in December which didn't end well. Now a 2 week wait for another scan. It just feels so cruel.

Azure83 Thu 09-May-19 16:39:57

Thanks for the new thread BostonFern!

LovesHisMummy two weeks is such a long wait but I hope it will be good news after all xx

TDLO Thu 09-May-19 17:41:38

Hi all, just joining new thread. Currently 7+6, time is going so slow. Had a reassurance scan last Thursday and have another next Friday due to small hematoma present. Really feeling scan withdrawals, is that a thing?? How can we go so long without knowing everything is ok in there. I have body trust issues due to mmc in Jan.

Getting crampy twinges low down and also nausea around 5/6pm at night but no sickness. Boobs aching. EXHAUSTED isn't the word. How's everyone else's symptoms?

TDLO Thu 09-May-19 17:43:45

@LovesHisMummyReally fingers crossed for good news for you x

fonxey Thu 09-May-19 18:09:18

@LovesHisMummyReally But at this stage I think such measurements are not going to be accurate anyway. Your baby has a hb, and is the size of a blueberry according to the books. Hard to date i imagine at this stage.

Also are you counting from your period or ovulation? I mean i say I'm 8+ 1 but really I'm probably more like... 6+4 if i count from ovulation.

But my pregnancy book counts the 2 or so weeks from your last period and that's what I'm going by. It's never going to be exact.

Not that I'm an expert at all. It's hard not to worry at this stage.

I'm having my first scan (private) next Saturday when I'll be 9+3. I'm curious what they will say.

And i will try to follow my own advice about not worrying. Ha.

elephantmarch Thu 09-May-19 18:14:48

Thank you for setting up a new thread @bostornfern. @loveshismummyreally how confusing for you. The good news is that you saw a heartbeat so that is hopefully encouraging? Did the midwives/sonographer offer any advice?
@tdlo what’s a hematoma? Is it a clot of some sort? I feel nauseous at odd times of the day and a bit blocked up too, but not got any other major symptoms. Am I the only one who has not had a scan yet? I have my booking appt next Friday and first scan right before the bank holiday. I hope when they weigh me they take into account I’ll be 12 weeks pregnant

TDLO Thu 09-May-19 18:23:32

@elephantmarch the sonographer described the hematoma as a small bruise inside the uterus. It's just a small bit of blood collected. She said mine was quite small and sitting under the baby rather than around so she played it down a lot. But panic naturally sets in doesn't it?

I bet you are counting the days to your scan. So exciting x

JayDot500 Thu 09-May-19 18:27:39

@loveshismummyreally Sorry you have to endure the wait. There are so many variables at this early stage, fingers crossed for the best news for you!

Had my first midwife appointment today, and it was the same lady I had with DS. Amazing older woman, I'm so happy. Because my birth was so quick with him, she gave me an extended talk on home births. I've never really considered it, I like all the things about giving birth in a hospital. Maybe I'm weird.

LovesHisMummyReally Thu 09-May-19 18:37:19

Thanks all. Counting my dates conservatively based on last cycle which was 33 days (AF on 18.3) and got a bfp 3 weeks ago. So doesn't seem possible to be only 5.5. The sonographer just dismissed my conviction on the dates but on the exact same fact pattern last year I was told chances were slim and indeed had an mmc diagnosed at 10 wks. Am going to operate on the assumption it's not ok for self preservation i think. And maybe bow out so as not to kill the mood. Fingers crossed for you all xx

RobinsNest17 Thu 09-May-19 20:05:49

@LovesHisMummyReally I stopped posting on this thread two weeks ago- I had had bleeding, pain and a scan at 6+3 showed only an empty sac, only measuring 5 weeks and no embryo visible at all. I have a long history of MMCs and so wrote it off.

However I went back for the two weeks later confirmation scan today and there was a healthy 8-weeker in there with a strong heart beat! I spent about an hour crying because I couldn't believe it and had totally written this pregnancy off. Of course it can protect you to think of it that way, but I wanted to post now to let you know that sometimes it can work out alright.

LovesHisMummyReally Thu 09-May-19 20:48:38

@RobinsNest17 that is the most beautiful story, it nearly made me cry too. I am so moved for you and I pray it is plain sailing from here on in. I am blessed in that I have a ds who was my 1:4 success. Guess we just have to get back up and keep trying x

BostonFern Thu 09-May-19 22:35:03

I'm so sorry you you have this worry over the next couple of weeks @LovesHisMummyReally I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Got my 12 week scan appointment through, I'll be 13+2 by then, I'm 11+2 today but somehow that appointment seems ages away!

Azure83 Thu 09-May-19 22:36:21

@RobinsNest17 that's incredible! Well done baby for catching up with the rest of the December club smile

smartcarnotsosmartdriver Fri 10-May-19 18:09:20

I've been given soluble aspirin to start taking next week. It's going to taste as awful as I think it is isn't it?

BostonFern Sat 11-May-19 08:14:58

@smartcarnotsosmartdriver probably- any chance of hiding it in squash/juice?

@RobinsNest17 what great news!

I hope everyone is doing ok. I'm 11+4 today, and yesterday was the first day when I've felt like I could eat properly since I found out I was pregnant. I'm really hoping this is a sign of things improving as the second trimester approaches.

codenameduchess Sat 11-May-19 10:43:09

I've been feeling so much better today! Actually managed to keep a small breakfast down, not convinced the sickness has passed just yet but I'm enjoying it for now 😀 planning to actually cook a meal for the first time in about 3 weeks later today haha

10 weeks today, and baby is the size of a Lego figure according to my app. And it's my dating scan Friday, I feel like the end of the first trimester is in sight now, the 2nd trimester was a dream last time so hoping it all calms down soon 🤞

agteacht Sun 12-May-19 16:25:05

Ah found you ladies again!

10w today and no real update here. No more bleeding and therefore no more early scans booked 😂

Have my 12w scan on Tues 28th when I'll be 12+2 so just wishing the time away until then...

Hope everyone's doing okay xx

JayDot500 Sun 12-May-19 16:55:34

Hello everyone! I've bought a pregnancy pillow (a long U shaped one) and had the best night of sleep last night. Especially because the pillow created the perfect barrier against DS' night time Kung Fu. Nausea is still an issue but it's not all the time now, so like @BostonFern I actually feel like food is not my enemy 😅

Life has certainly become a countdown to my 12 week scan (one day after yours @agteacht). I've got a lot to sort out before welcoming this baby, but I'm avoiding any planning until after that scan.

This thread is not accepting new messages.