Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

any tips how to bring in labour

(9 Posts)
nadinetd Fri 06-Jul-07 12:02:51

hi im 39+5 weeks but went to midwife tuesday and baby is measuring 41 weeks so i have appointment at hospital on tuesday 10th to discuss being induced.
i want it to start naturaly so far ried champagne and pineapple and sex! any ideas, went for long walk last night and have been quite active at home.
any tips?

dazedorconfused Fri 06-Jul-07 12:05:58

I took the champagne and curry option which worked a treat. Only had a biriani and had long labour, so maybe worth braving something stronger!!

lulumama Fri 06-Jul-07 12:07:12

champagne ? ?that;s a new one

AFAIK , small amounts of alcohol have been used in the past as an 'old wives' remedy to stop early labour..so alcohol might not help

re the pineapple, you need to eat 7 fresh pineapples to get the enzyme effect to start ripening the cervix....!!

sex - yes , definitely, a good one, semen contains prostoglandin,that ripens the cervix...and orgasm can help stimulate contractions

nipple stim also good, especially with a breast pump

visualisation of the birth too

and try to relax, and let things happen!

nadinetd Fri 06-Jul-07 12:10:33

yeah i thought that about champagne as i have not touched a drop since i found out i was preggers in oct, i dont really enjoy alcohol, i drank only half a glass as it gave me major heartburn haha.
how does nipple stim work?
x

lulumama Fri 06-Jul-07 12:20:17

nipple stim releases oxytocin, which is the natural version of the hormone drip , syntocinon, given in an induced labour

it can stimulate and strengthen contractions, as can orgasm

it is sexy energy that put the baby in there, and that same energy can get it out too.....to totally misquote Ina May Gaskin....

lulumama Fri 06-Jul-07 12:20:56

http://www.birthingnaturally.net/cn/technique/nipple.html

Backtobasics Fri 06-Jul-07 12:33:41

Rasberry leaf tea? Just a thought.

nadinetd Fri 06-Jul-07 12:35:45

THANKS LULUMAMA ILL GIVE IT A GO X

derah Tue 10-Jul-07 20:13:04

LOL, a vigorous aqua-aerobics class did it for me! DD was 2 weeks early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now