Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in December 07- we're almost halfway there!! NEW THREAD

(952 Posts)
Caz10 Tue 03-Jul-07 09:55:50

Hope this works....! Here's hoping July is the month for
- proper bumps not fat looking tummies
- feeling them move!

becklespeckle Tue 03-Jul-07 09:59:51

I second that! Here's to the end of the 'too-many-pies' stage (hopefully)!
and lots of little wriggles

kerioke Tue 03-Jul-07 10:00:51

morning caz!

i wouldnt worry too much about the classes..down here they dont start until the third trimester and quite far into it too! but hey i guess its worth checking! so this is your baby number one??

and i agree to the proper bumps comment... i keep holding my tummy when i am out in a 'look i am pregnant and not fat' pose out of worry! haha!

ive started to feel a few wriggles down there but you do feel it earlier after your first..this is my third. just think another month and we'll be into august and finding out flavours we are all having! and then the rib kicks will start!

JARM Tue 03-Jul-07 10:05:01

Morning all!

Still lurking about, but back to JARM instead of Jinxed!

Scan next monday (OMG! 20 weeks already!) and then we are having a 4D scan in August to find out the sex etc.

Not been feeling too good still, loads of crampy horrible feelings, but also some flutters so know baby is ok.

Caz10 Tue 03-Jul-07 10:05:36

Heee I have been doing the opposite kerioke, pushing my fat tum out to try to make it look more pregnant than it really is! (can you guess I am a 1st timer?!!).
Was at a party recently with 2 other pregnant people who are due much sooner than me..when we came home DH told me it was quite obvious I'd had "bump envy"

MamaMaiasaura Tue 03-Jul-07 10:10:40

I hope i copy and pasted it ok. Still achey today. Hope everything is ok.

JARM 26th Nov 2dd's (2.9yrs and 1.6yrs)
Nbg 28th Nov 1dd and 1 ds (3 and 9 months)
BeansterMum 30th Nov 1dd (nearly 2)
cazzybabs - 30th Nov 2dds (4 and 2) 2mc
Angelhunter 1st December, 1dd (12 mths)
tombliboo 1st Dec 1dd (22 mths) 1mc
kandi 1st Dec 1dd (16 mths)
thelady 2nd Dec
BeachBunni - 3rd Dec
Bunny Baby 3rd Dec
mad4girls 4th dec 2dds (7,4) 2mcs
Ambi - 4th Dec
Kitsilano 5th Dec 1dd (23 mths) 1mc
BornToBeAPrincess 1st Dec 2dds (3yrs and 9 mth)
GemBean 6th Dec 1dd (13 mths)
Claraq 6th dec 1dd (19 months)
Taliac - 6th Dec 1dd (10mths)
mimicakey - 6th Dec
Lizzer, 8th Dec, 1 dd (7yrs)
skidaddle 10th Dec 1dd (17mths)
suey2 10th Dec
Caz10 11th Dec
daisyboohoo 11th December
Insywinsyspider, 13th Dec, 1 ds (12mo)
Bimblin 14th December, 1 ds (2)
dundeemarmalade 14th Dec
kerioke - 14th dec
Bambino1: 15th December 1dd (3 in aug)
Lucy 16th December, 1 dd (14 mths)
Fifisworld 17th Dec 1 ds ( 11 mths)
FurryFox 17th Dec apprx, 1 dd (20 mths)
peanutbutter = 21st Dec, 1ds (21m)
Bouncingturtle - 23rd December.
Curlygirly 24th Dec, 2dss (4yr, 21m) 1mc
littledetails 24th dec
Fleacircus - 25th Dec, First timer!
buzzybee - 25th Dec, 1 DD (5.3 years)
Keepitreal-26 Dec 1DS(8yrs)2DD(IDTwins 7mths)
Becklespeckle, 27th Dec, 2 DSs (6.10 & 4.4)
Niks - 27th Dec
Tabimum - 27th Dec 1dd(13 mths)
PBirdy - 28th Dec (first timer)
Housemum - 29th Dec, 2 DDs (14 & 4)
Neuro 29th Dec my first baby
macdoodle 30th dec 1DD (5years)
MotherofZ - 30th Dec 1DD (18 months) Imawurzel - 31st December (first timer)
Awen - 31st Dec- 1DS (7yrs)
Bettymamma - 31st Dec -1dd (22 months)

becklespeckle Tue 03-Jul-07 10:15:01

Think it is normal to be achey Awen, am far more achey with this one than with either of the others! Keep getting pains underneath IYKWIM, didn't get those until later with either DS, guess it is not as strong as it used to be!
Just realised that you asked me a question on the other thread , yes I was on the TTC thread with you!

MamaMaiasaura Tue 03-Jul-07 10:17:17

in the back of mind am wondering if I have uti. Dont have stinging and not smelly but because backache too and weeing frequently but small amounts. Probably am fine but will drink lots of water today and try and get some cranberry juice.

Just feeling a bit anxious about it.

MotherofZ Tue 03-Jul-07 10:18:56

Awen - if you're feeling anxious get it checked out...???

MamaMaiasaura Tue 03-Jul-07 10:20:44

Have called, spoke to nurse yesterday. She suggested if still uncomfortable to speakto mw today. She isnt in till this afternoon. Will give her a call then

MamaMaiasaura Tue 03-Jul-07 10:24:51

sorry, didnt mean to sound all moany.

PBirdy Tue 03-Jul-07 10:29:56

Caz that is funny about sticking your tummy out. I have been doing that all week! I told my DH last night that I thought my tummy had "popped" and he looked at my like I was mad. He poked it and it was all still soft but seriously, I can't suck it in which must mean something (and hopefully not that all those icecreams I ate on hols are coming back to haunt me!)

suey2 Tue 03-Jul-07 11:19:01

Morning all
Poor you kerioke! PSD is NO fun. Gals, if you want to try and avoid it, no leg-crossing and do loads of clams: lying on one side with knees bent, lift the top knee without the pelvis rolling backwards: 3 sets of 20 each side. You should feel the outside of the buttock muscle is doing the work NOT the front of the hip. Squats are good too- but only go half way down, make sure the feet are parallel and going over the middle of the feet. No weights. 3 sets of 20.

BeachBunni Tue 03-Jul-07 11:36:35

Have all us first timers been doing that? I've been sticking my tummy out too - just so people think I'm pregnant and not fat.

Awen I've been peeing loads too - had to get up last night five times which means I'm not getting the greatest nights sleep. It's quite uncomfortable when I pee - hurts inside but since I used to get a lot of utis I know it's not my urinary tract hurting, more muscles or something. Great news on your bloods btw. I never got those tests done because I'm under 30 and don't think I would have gone for an amnio anyway if it had of been bad results.

Mw's appoint in a coupe of hours. I'm hoping they'll have something there to listen to the hb if I ask them.

becklespeckle Tue 03-Jul-07 12:21:10

Oooh, I picked up a Maternity Guide from work last night and in the useful contact section, Mumsnet is the second contact they list after their own website!

MotherofZ Tue 03-Jul-07 12:49:45

Has anyone started doing any 'preparations' for the new arrival? (i.e clothes/equipment buying)
Am so supertitious - am not going to get anything until I am about 7 months, DH keeps telling me to buy a few bits and bobs while the sales are on, but am refusing....

Mrswizz Tue 03-Jul-07 15:21:23

Hello everyone,

Hope I can join your thread. I'm due 2nd December with my first. Have been feeling the wiggles inside for over 2 weeks.

I've been sticking my tummy out too, but so far not much reaction from fellow commuters in the getting a seat stakes.

I was quite proud of my bump until my mum said it wobbled and it shouldn't do. Now I'm a bit paranoid about it - should I be rock firm? I'm not particularly fat, size 10-12.

suey2 Tue 03-Jul-07 15:35:30

hi mrs wizz,
i find it is hard when i am sitting or standing but pretty wobbly when lying down.
I am sure your mum is talking rubbish.

Housemum Tue 03-Jul-07 15:48:16

Mrs Wizz - with all due respect, ignore advice from your mum! Mine comes out with things like - "I hardly showed until I was 6 months gone..." Think the rose-tinted glasses are stuck on there. Bump will be wobbly at the mo as it's the growing baby that's shoved everything else upwards - the hard bump bit will be when the actual uterus has expanded a lot and the baby/womb is nearer to the surface IYSWIM.

Anyone thinking of antenatal classes, they will be in the 3rd trimester but do look into booking now - NHS ones usually pretty large so lots of space, but private classes like NCT get booked up quickly. (Typical cost £140 - £200 depending on area, NCT do have policy for concessions if on benefits)

Tried to train myself to sleep on my side - woke up at 12.30am with pins and needles in my arm and my ear of all places. Talk about a heavy sleeper - literally!

suey2 Tue 03-Jul-07 15:54:00

yes housemum- my mum said she didn't wear any maternity clothes until she was 8 months gone! Sometimes, however fab they can be, they just wind you up. Big time.

Housemum Tue 03-Jul-07 16:00:58

Wonder what daft comment I will hear afterwards this time? When DD2 was born, I was feeling really good, proud of new baby, and got the "jokey" comment from mum of "Oh, is there another one in there?" Ha-bloody-ha - she obviously reads too many celeb mags and expects them to do a bit of lipo in the labour ward... (Hmm, that would be a good idea?!) Mind you, this is the woman that once asked for an ice cream - "one of those 69s!!" (and wondered why the ice-cream man was chuckling)

If anyone has buys Mother & Baby magazine (bought mine this morning) my DD2 is on p147 in front of some maths symbols on a board - picture taken a couple of years ago when she was just over 2! (Proud mum emoticon) I flicked through it in Sainsbury's when deciding which baby mag to buy and then had this huge grin on my face while I did the shopping, I was just surprised they were still using the pics!

Caz10 Tue 03-Jul-07 16:04:16

MotherofZ I had a major panic last night re buying things - haven't bought a thing and was fully intending on NOT buying anything till after 20 week scan at earliest...HOWEVER I just realised that I have only 5 paychecks between now and LO arriving! EEK!! So think I might throw superstition to the wind and start picking things up, otherwise we just won't be able to afford everything. Money v tight here, so I guess I should really stop walking past the special offers because I think it's too soon!

My plan is to pack anything baby related away in one big box, then if, heaven forbid, anything did go wrong, DH will know to whisk the box away immediately!

But all the little things add up, and we just don't have much spare cash each month...

BeachBunni Tue 03-Jul-07 16:04:50

Hey girlies. Am all the bizz this afternoon. Damn fuddledey pg brain made me work out how far along I am wrong. So I've gained nearly a week in five minutes, which is brill.

Heard the heartbeat today First time I've started to get excited about it all. 150 so told dp to maybe get ready to expect a girl (he wants a boy like all men do). Wasn't going to find out the sex of the baby at my scan, but starting to waver a bit now the closer I get to it. Are you all finding out or leaving it a surprise?

peanutbutter Tue 03-Jul-07 16:05:47

As soon as I read Suey's post I immediately uncrossed my legs (terrible habit of mine)and promised myself to do clams and squats tonight.

My belly's soft during the day but quite firm and prominent from late afternoon onwards, to the extent that i have to put joggers on to let it hang out . I love feeling the first flutters this time; this will probably be our last baby and i'm trying my best to be conscious of and savour every bit of it.

Housemum Tue 03-Jul-07 16:11:45

MotherofZ - I'm not at all superstitious - whatever is meant to happen will happen so I even bought a pram about a month ago. The risks have fallen so much now that even if you are superstitious, it's OK to buy things. Or at least decide what you are going to buy if you feel nervous buying them - go to the shops/websites etc, and come up with the definitive shopping list, then you can put the money aside and do one big blitz at 7 months.

If you are buying in a shop rather than online, some will not deliver until you ask them to anyway (though check their lead times for ordering in stock - I had a flaming row with Children's World 14 years ago when DD1 arrived 7 weeks early and the shop would not/could not do anything to get my pram quicker than 6 weeks delivery - I ended up paying £50 more to buy it elsewhere because I couldn't use my Children's World voucher!!)

Beachbunni - haven't decided whether to ask or not, but will keep it a secret if we do - will be just between me & DH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now