Talk

Advanced search

Due February 2019: here come the babies!

(990 Posts)
maxiflump1 Sat 05-Jan-19 16:44:08

New thread ladies. 2 gorgeous bundles have already arrived...

Celebelly Sat 05-Jan-19 16:47:34

Eek! Placemarking! Crazy to think a lot of babies might arrive during this thread!

maxiflump1 Sat 05-Jan-19 16:50:18

Our threads seem to last a month so definitely should be plenty more before this one fills up! I think there's a fair few of us with late January C sections or inductions.

detachablehoof Sat 05-Jan-19 16:56:32

I was wondering about just buying a nice leather bag but I love the idea of the internal organiser in the Storksak and also the insulated bottle holder etc.

Since2016 Sat 05-Jan-19 16:56:50

I’ve got less than 5 weeks till booked date so I wonder if this one will sneak into this thread!

At some point I should get stuff out of the loft / pack a bag 😂 Feb still feels far away!

Since2016 Sat 05-Jan-19 16:57:50

@detachablehoof I think they have good resale value if you don’t end up using it? Defintely something that works as a pack back if you’re going to use a sling tho.

Yakadee Sat 05-Jan-19 17:26:23

Yay, hoping to see lots of lovely babies in this thread - exciting!

We've made loads of progress on the bedrooms / baby's room today but man, am I knackered! X

Lookingforadvice123 Sat 05-Jan-19 17:33:20

Place marking and following for more changing bag recommendations! Does anyone have experience of a backpack style one?

I had/have that Storksak one in fabric rather than leather. It did the job but it definitely had a hole in it by the end of me using it so I'm wanting a new one this time!

sickmumma Sat 05-Jan-19 18:05:00

Place marking!!! I know lulabelle had her-baby who else has had theirs? I missed it!!

Scary to think many babies by the end of this month!!

I have brought the matching changing bag to the buggy this time - I've always had the yummy mummy bags before which are great as everything fits in! They had them half price at my local department store in the sales for £40 which I thought was a bargain! I have also heard good things about storksak! I think they are one of the things that are worth spending a bit extra on!

2019Mama Sat 05-Jan-19 18:14:57

Place marking...
I recommend Jem and Bea bags. They’re quite pricey but in my opinion worth it.. I got my sister one a couple years ago when she had her daughter and she’s now given it to me to make use of now she’s done with it.

powkin Sat 05-Jan-19 18:17:45

@Lookingforadvice123 I got a backpack one on amazon. I’m hoping to use a sling and wanted something unisex that DH could use too (he would have no problem carrying a “girly” bag but thought it would be good to have something truly shared!)

I am using it as the baby hospital bag and it is very roomy with lots of pockets and comes with a little changing mat too.

Changing Bag Backpack, Baby Diaper Bag Nappy Back Pack with Changing Mat for Mom and Dad (Grey)

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G1S17KG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TppmCbMR0GDM1?tag=mumsnetforum-21

Lookingforadvice123 Sat 05-Jan-19 18:22:56

Oh thanks powkin I love the colour of that one. It's similar to one I was just eyeing up on John Lewis!  I found this at John Lewis. What do you think?. https://www.johnlewis.com/bababing-erin-changing-tote-bag-grey-marl/p3817258?tmad=c&tmcampid=7&sshare=jlappioss_Y29tLmFwcGxlLlVJS2l0LmFjdGl2aXR5LkNvcHlUb1Bhc3RlYm9hcmQ=

maxiflump1 Sat 05-Jan-19 18:33:10

@sickmumma it was @lookingatthestars89 who had her little boy at 32 weeks on Xmas day.

So that's one if each so far!

welshweasel Sat 05-Jan-19 18:39:34

I’ve got a babymel bag from last time that has lasted really well. Planning on picking up the backpack style one from Aldi next week.

twiglet Sat 05-Jan-19 18:40:54

We have had NCT today (and tomorrow) found it to be OK so far it's made me want to buy more stuff for the hospital bag!
Oh and tumble dryer balls work really well as massage balls!

AliceRR Sat 05-Jan-19 18:56:56

@detachablehoof I really liked the Jem + Bea changing bags if you’re willing to spend a bit more. I was thinking of getting one but get an ok bag with my silver cross bag so going to see how I get along with that before ordering something new

Camsie30 Sat 05-Jan-19 19:01:46

I've got a Tiba & Marl backpack changing bag, used it for the first time today as I took my daughter to the ballet on the tube and wanted my hands free. It's great, very roomy with compartments and comes with a changing mat and small bag to put purse, keys etc in which can be worn cross body. It looks like a regular bag rather than a specific changing one. Really pleased with it

AliceRR Sat 05-Jan-19 19:08:47

Re baby changing, DH bought me the slip & hop changing mat for Christmas which is quite nice and can be clipped on to pushchair or whatever

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/skiphop-pronto-changing-mats-a6735.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIieyWuKvX3wIVzLftCh2w4gLzEAQYAiABEgJ3yPD_BwE

detachablehoof Sat 05-Jan-19 19:19:56

I love the Jem and Bea ones but the leather ones are so pricey 🙄

Thesnobbymiddleclassone Sat 05-Jan-19 19:24:03

I have the messenger one from Mothercare that I used for DD. I liked the insulated pockets for bottles and I could easily got everything in that we needed without it becoming heavy and bulky.

Babynum2 Sat 05-Jan-19 19:41:35

Posted on old thread!
I have a bag obsession i like to call it a collection though my great aunt designs for gucci and she got me a gucci changing bag which matches my black and beige buggy im very happy! I had a burberry one with DD that i got in thw sale still cost me £££ but i sold it on for not much less. Also aldi and lidl have their baby event next week and iv seen a backpack attle changing bag but not sure how good itis!

bubblybrit Sat 05-Jan-19 19:45:40

Placemarking as cant wait to see all the January babies 😀!!

Since2016 Sat 05-Jan-19 19:46:56

Tiba and marl do look good - I have a little cross body one from them and I do love it. May treat myself to a new ‘bag’ that I will argue to dH is a changing bag 😂

LookingAtTheStars89 Sat 05-Jan-19 21:16:09

Hi ladies! It's so weird that you are all still very pregnant and I'm flat tummied. I've found it really hard emotionally. I'm empty inside and I have no baby to hold 😢

I was hospitalized with type A influenza this week!

My beautiful boy is doing well, in the NICU. Hes just over 4lbs now.

My parents bought me a bouncer today. We are slowly getting things so I can get used to the fact that he's here but not here.

2019Mama Sat 05-Jan-19 21:17:29

www.jemandbea.com/collection/marlow-navy

This is the one I have.. it’s one of the cheaper Jem and Bea ones. It’s quite roomy as I’m using it for baby’s things for the hospital and everything’s fitted in perfectly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: