Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any EDINBURGH ladies on here?

(71 Posts)
ara Sun 24-Jun-07 19:23:10

Hello, just thought I would see if I'm the only one! Due my first baby in November

miniandme Sun 24-Jun-07 19:30:33

Hi there im just outside edinburgh in livingston,though im onto baby number 4

ara Sun 24-Jun-07 19:35:20

Wow! when are you due? How old are your other kids?

miniandme Mon 25-Jun-07 11:33:50

Im due 2nd of feb by my dates seeing the midwife on thursday for booking in so will have a confirmed date by then.My other kids are 11,9 and 4,the eldest 2 are boys and the youngest a litle girl.

ara Tue 26-Jun-07 06:04:25

That's great - I'm from a family of 3 - all really close together though (all under 3 at one stage - my poor mother!).
Are you planning to find out the sex of the new baby?

miniandme Tue 26-Jun-07 20:20:39

Hi yes we are going to have a 4d scan done later on and will find out the sex then,will make planning a lot easier and also enables us to prepare the children more if we know the sex,my eldest is severely autistic so any extra preparation is always good.

ara Wed 27-Jun-07 09:46:26

Some friends of ours had a 4d scan done (in livingston actually) - I've seen the DVD they got, it's absolutely amazing! They didn't want to know the sex so it's mostly upper body, but really incredible. We're having bit of a nightmare with preparing as we're having to find a new house before the baby's born (where we are is tiny) but fingers crossed things will get moving soon!!

basilbrush Thu 28-Jun-07 11:05:37

Not quite - St Andrews!
But hey compared to most of the girls on here (who seem to all be in London), I'm just round the corner

rozzyraspberry Thu 28-Jun-07 15:32:07

I'm in Cupar so not far from you Basilbrush. Due 9th Feb with no.3. Have 2 DS 4yrs 6ms and 2yrs 7mos.

basilbrush Thu 28-Jun-07 18:22:08

Hi rozzy - am due 7th Feb with no.2! Have DS aged 16 months

miniandme Thu 28-Jun-07 18:33:09

Was officially booked in with the midwife today and given a scan date for 8th august !!

rozzyraspberry Thu 28-Jun-07 19:26:20

Hi Basilbrush - have just realised your on the Feb ante-natal thread too. That's you, me and miniandme due in Feb from Scotland. Quite a lot of people due in Feb!!

Which hospital are you going to Basilbrush?

basilbrush Thu 28-Jun-07 19:36:03

Forth Park in Kirkcaldy. Could go to Ninewells but would rather travel to Forth Park. Had DS there (in dramatic style) and would like same consultant again.

rozzyraspberry Thu 28-Jun-07 19:39:59

I'm the same basilbrush. When we had 2 DS's we lived in Dunfermline so went to Forth Park. Now we're in Cupar we were given the choice but I've had 2 pretty good experiences in the midwife unit at Forth Park so decided to go back there again. Hoping to get home pretty quickly after babys born this time all being well.

basilbrush Thu 28-Jun-07 19:44:36

Yeah I agree FP is more friendly and personal as it's much smaller and I like the idea of being able to keep things as low key as poss in the midwife-led unit but having the hospital next door if you need it (which sadly last time I did. For a WEEK. but this time will be different )
Ninewells labour suite has even been described to me by my paediatrician mate as "a bit of a sausage factory"!

rozzyraspberry Thu 28-Jun-07 19:59:58

I had heard too that Ninewells was more clinical. Both sets of parents live in Dundee so it would have been handy for them visiting afterwards but like I said before fingers crossed I won't be staying in too long.

MrsMcJnr Mon 09-Jul-07 16:34:04

Hello! I live just outside Edinburgh but work in Edinburgh - due with first baby 15 January Nice to see some Scottish Mums to be on here - our care seems quite different especially with regard to scans and tests!

IdreamofClooney Mon 09-Jul-07 16:42:19

Hi can I join you?

I am in Edinburgh and there are defintely a few others on here as well.

I have one DS who is just two and I am a single mother and work full time at the university

maisemor Mon 09-Jul-07 16:48:17

Congratulations on all you who are pregnant, wish it was me

I had both mine in Ninewells (sorry, I am not due) and they gave me 2 really good experiences in giving birth.

All the staff were so friendly and helpful.

Where do you live in St Andrews Basilbrush? We used to stay in Boase Avenue.

MrsMcJnr Mon 09-Jul-07 16:49:16

Hello and congratulations Idreamofclooney, when are you due?

I have a question (please!) has anyone book NCT classes and if so where? I haven’t had much time to look at the website but I got pretty confused when I did initially – as I live in West Lothian and plan to have the baby at St John’s would I be better going to a West Lothian based class rather than an Edinburgh one (thought that would be easier because of work) or does it make no difference. Thanks ladies

Oh, and another question has anyone had a Nuchal scan at Healthcare Now. I have one booked for Thursday and am wondering what to expect there.

IdreamofClooney Mon 09-Jul-07 16:55:51

OOOPS sorry ladies I was not paying attention and didn;t see it was an ante natal clubs message - I am very distracted....

I just pull up and active conversations list and saw Edinburgh and thought hurrah.

My DS is two now so cannot join you - sorry for confusion

Really must read messages properly in future

Congratulations to you all by the way!

miniandme Mon 09-Jul-07 17:38:33

mrsmcjnr where abouts in west lothian are you? im in livingston so we are probably pretty close to each other.I too am intending to have this baby at st johns as i did the other 3

MrsMcJnr Tue 10-Jul-07 11:00:03

Idreamofclooney – but you can give us lots of advice stick around if it’s not too boring for you!

Miniandme – I’m in Whitburn at the mo but we are trying to sell up (very long story) so we are nearby. Sounds like quite an endorsement for St John’s if you’ve had 3 there already and plan to have this one there too! I like stories like that So you are due 2/2, I’m 15/1 – who knows, you might be early and I might be late and we may meet there!

miniandme Tue 10-Jul-07 16:32:05

Well all 3 of my other babies were all early,no.1 was 2 weeks early,no.2 was 3 weeks early and no.3 was 2 weeks early so theres every likelyhood we may just meet

MrsMcJnr Wed 11-Jul-07 09:59:36

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now