Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Due March 2008 - is it real?

(677 Posts)
thisfeelingisfamiliar Wed 20-Jun-07 14:10:55

Oh my. Have name changed as I feel like a wee bit of a muppet for coming here while a bit uncertain. Will change back when I know one way or t'other for sure.

Was lurking over a cafe buffet this morning with DS, utterly unable to decide what I wanted to have for lunch. Told myself I'd have the chips but that they would probably taste metallic. Remembered how last night all the food in the house was unappealing, except two corn on the cob (?!).

Penny then dropped, though our TTC last month consisted I thought of getting it on magnificently before and after fertile time. Whipped into Boots for a 1st response after figuring I am 3 days pre-AF. Just got a faint but-its-there positive. BBC website says due date is 1st March.

Anyone else yet? I will not tell dp until the line is brighter for point and show effect, so will probably re-test Friday am. I will be keeping my news, if this really is news, virtual apart from twlling him for as long as possible, as I'm older, my thyroid is knackered and my miscarriage and anomaly risks are high.

Other than that, I am having a little smile:

moodlumthehoodlum Wed 20-Jun-07 14:15:09

Good luck fingers crossed for Friday..

rainbowdays Wed 20-Jun-07 14:38:22

thisfeelingisfamiliar - Congrats and you are not alone I too got a faint positive this morning too. I had a blood test yesterday which showed my hcg levels to be 7.3, which means I was neither pg nor not pg!!!! Yesterday urine pg test was neg, this morning they have been light but definitely there. I will be having another hcg blood test on friday, so I should know by then. My EDD would be 2nd March. I too am wavering on whether to tell my dh, as he would be so so excited, I would like to be certain first. My only hesitation would be that as I am 39 the raised hcg levels could possibily be menopause related instead (I hope not this early!)

Anyway we can wait in virtual excited nervousness together.

twoplusone Wed 20-Jun-07 14:49:02

congratulations. Cant believe that a Due March 08 thread is starting already..

thisfeelingisfamiliar Wed 20-Jun-07 16:05:01

Thank you for your good wishes.

Glad to meet another uncertain but hopeful person here Rainbowdays. Why are you having blood tests for hCG? What will make you confident enough to tell your husband? If you are tested on Friday, how long before you get the results?

I think 3 questions is nosy enough ... excuse me.

rainbowdays Wed 20-Jun-07 17:41:10

Had blood tests due to supposed to have CAT scan on my sinuses yesterday, and I could not say that I was definitely not pg, so they did the blood test to check. As the result came back as "equivocable" they refused to do the scan and told me to get a repeat blood test done to check the levels again. If I am not pg I can have the scan, if I am pg then ttc has worked - a win-win situation for me!

I have just told my husband, could not keep it in anymore - he is thrilled, lots of questions though about how come I am not sure yet....

I will know the blood tests results after about an hour (I work at the hospital!!). So I will be able to see a doc as long as I get the results before 1pm as that is when the unit closes for the weekend. But I will be doing further home tests before that and hoping the line gets darker....

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? How old is your ds? So is this #2 for you? Now I seem to be the one asking all the questions?

thisfeelingisfamiliar Wed 20-Jun-07 19:01:46

Ah, good win-win. I am 39 as well, and ds is 23 months. So yes this would be number 2. Your first? Have you been married and/or trying for a while?

rainbowdays Wed 20-Jun-07 19:38:05

I have two children, this would be my third. I only got married in 2001, so we have got them close together. I will just be turning 40 when this one appears - if I am not just dreaming and am in fact pg.... it is taking a while for it to sink in.

I did yet another test about an hour ago, and I still got a faint positive. With the first two pg's I only had 4 cycles of trying before I concieved, with this one it has taken 8 cycles of trying, I think age is having an effect and that has me worrying about the other possible anomaly risks at being pg when older. Though I think I will definitely start to feel happier when I get the blood results on Friday.

Have you been on the ttc boards - would I know you I wonder?

thisfeelingisfamiliar Wed 20-Jun-07 21:25:32

No, I haven't been on the ttc boards, we only just agreed to try again recently, and I didn't think we'd hit my fertile time.

Two already? What generders? And three possibly! That is amazing - my main problem with the nearly 40 thing is energy. I am taking one thing at a time and refusing to think about the anomaly risks in detail this time round.

I envy you having tested again, and am glad it was reassuring.

I have my other test tucked away in my book to be smuggled upstairs. I won't wait til Friday, I will test again tomorrow am. I can't help but feel I must be bonkers-wrong about this somewhere along the line.

Hope to see you, and some others soon? tomorrow.

thisfeelingisfamiliar Wed 20-Jun-07 21:26:02

erm, genders...

rainbowdays Thu 21-Jun-07 07:46:42

thisfeelings - Hi I was being a little obsure as I am trying to hide my identity til I know for sure on Friday, but I have a ds and a dd already. I hope you get a reassuring test today, I will be doing another one in a bit too, we will have to come back and compare catch you later

lissie Thu 21-Jun-07 07:50:53

hello, just dipping my toes. got another faint (but darker) bfp this morning, got a faint one yesterday so nurse thinks possibly 7th march! not joining properly yet tho.

rainbowdays Thu 21-Jun-07 08:06:55

I just tested again - still very faint, so has not helped me, I will just have to wait to hear the blood test levels tomorrow. It is possible being this early that it could end up being a "chemical" pregnancy, where it does not implant properly. Oh I really hope that both of us get stronger positives soon. If you read this before testing - then i would suggest waiting til tomorrow like you originally planned, unless you are sure that you would like to go and buy some more pg tests! The doubling takes 48hours at this stage so our tests should not be very different from yesterday - I am trying to convince myself .

Is there anyone else there anxiously waiting?

rainbowdays Thu 21-Jun-07 08:09:37

Hi Lissie x-posts with you. I am glad that you have popped your head in, are you being given a blood test or are they just letting you wait? I hope this is it for you. You have had previous chemical pg's haven't you? Did you see the line getting darker each day or am I heading on the way out for not getting a darker test today?

thisfeelingisfamiliar Thu 21-Jun-07 08:34:44

Hi rainbow, well you are in a good holding pattern! Mine was rather darker this am. Showed dp - he's pleased - and understands all the early days caveats. Will get a different kind and test at the weekend I think, as period is due saturday (usually clockwork for me). I certainly feel much more pg, low level nausea, up to pee in the night for the last couple of nights.

Hello Lissie, fingers crossed for you too! Come back soon please.

Katy44 Thu 21-Jun-07 08:50:51

congratulations thisfeelingisfamiliar, rainbowdays and lissie

lissie Thu 21-Jun-07 10:32:25

well..... <drumroll please ladies>....

doc has confirmed that i am indeed pg at 9dpo! he said that 3 tests cant all be wrong and my stomach is nice and soft (apparently they can tell the difference between fat and soft) so i am due on 7th march. keep them crossed for me!!

Katy44 Thu 21-Jun-07 10:43:27

Keeping everything crossed

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Thu 21-Jun-07 11:06:31

congrats all!!

I am due AF on Sunday can I ask what test you used this feeling?

lissie Thu 21-Jun-07 11:21:03

i used ebay 10Miu ones

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Thu 21-Jun-07 11:25:24

Lissie did you wait the 15 minutes for it to get to room temp?

lissie Thu 21-Jun-07 11:37:54

before doing the test? they were already at room temp they showed up straight away but only really became clear once the pink wash had gone, read them in 10 mins

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Thu 21-Jun-07 11:45:04

the ones i bought said i need to wait 15 minutes so the wee was at room temp before testing but i can never wait that long and test straight away i dont know if this would effect anything clutching at straws me thinks!

lissie Thu 21-Jun-07 12:05:35

ive not seen that. who do you buy from?

thisfeelingisfamiliar Thu 21-Jun-07 13:09:36

congratulations lissie! laughing at lissie's doc: i can't imagine how expert he would need to be to figure out mine was soft rather than plain fat. he would have to train for a lifetime.

tlsm - I used first response. have also bought clearblue to use at the weekend, if the other symptoms stick around.

then I can get down to gp asap with missed period plus a sound ositive and crawl all over them to make sure they manage my thyroid levels properly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: