April 2019 part 3!

(507 Posts)
Treaclepie19 Fri 19-Oct-18 16:01:58

Hi all, thought I'd make us another smile

SPR1107 Fri 19-Oct-18 16:26:57

Thanks @Treaclepie19

Ohnonotanotherusername Fri 19-Oct-18 16:39:19

Thanks for the new thread @Treaclepie19

That's great news @SPR1107. So glad to hear everything is ok and you're allowed to start getting back to normal. I'm rubbish at sitting still, so I can empathise.

For those asking about maternity clothes, I've got a couple of nice work dresses from John Lewis. They weren't cheap, but I have to be quite formal at work and I think they'll be ok after pregnancy tbh.

I'm 17 weeks today, was in bed this morning and could feel the baby wriggling around - DH has started being able to feel it too which is exciting (though he was little freaked out about it).

FinallyGotAnIPhone Fri 19-Oct-18 18:29:25

Hello this is the first time I’ve posted on the thread. I went for my dating scan today I am due on April 22. This is my third pregnancy I already have an 8 year old and a 5 year old. I am 41 so I feel ancient.

SheRaTheAllPowerful Fri 19-Oct-18 19:05:07

Thanks for starting new thread Treacle smile
Just saving my place

5tarlight Fri 19-Oct-18 19:10:16

treacle ahh am so pleased for you, I was hoping you'd get the results quicker than what theyd told you, as mine were back within a week, but didn't want to give you false hope. Fingers firmly crossed for more good news but that is great to hear. Thanks also for the new thread!
Re bloat, I have been like this since 5weks, it's crazy. I could fit in most normal clothes in the morning but I know by the end of the day majority will look longer fit. I've just got these extender thingies for jeans, been a lifesaver on long days out of the house, as can start with normal button the add these and they have 2 button holes to go at so can keep expanding... Two tips tho, you need to make the buttonholes a bit bigger with a Stanley knife to for most jeans buttons, and would recommend a safety pin in your zipper to prevent any flying low issues. 😉 Not perfect but just means can make normal jeans last a few more weeks! www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B074754J3V?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Footymum81 Fri 19-Oct-18 22:12:21

Just marking my place too, don’t want to miss out!

mayseven Fri 19-Oct-18 23:13:35

Hi, also starting to show now. Definitely earlier than first time. I’ve only purchased one pair of mat jeans so far from H&M which are super comfy, need to get some more come pay day! My work uniform starting to get slightly snug. Still haven’t told the staff at gp surgery where I work... wonder if they have noticed I’m getting slightly larger grin Anyone thinking about a homebirth?

italianwifey Sat 20-Oct-18 09:43:45

Thanks for the tips about the clothes ladies! @5tarlight I bought one of those bands from
Somewhere else but the button attached to
It has fallen off already!! Ah well haha.

39Suzy Sat 20-Oct-18 09:50:31

Marking my place thsnks @treaclepie19

Good news @spr1107 take care of yourself

H & M and New Look do good mat clothes and generally good deals in the sales. Topshop Jaime Jeans are also nice and comfy and look expensive. For work i have a few tunic dresses and more formal trousers for when i get a bit bigger. Still not made an announcement at work and waiting until we have had our early anomoly at 16w (two weeks tomorrow) before saying anything. Only in the office for 7 days between now and then so hoping to disguise it until then!!!

SheRaTheAllPowerful Sat 20-Oct-18 10:27:41

@FinallyGotAnIPhone few oldies on here don’t worry smile

SheRaTheAllPowerful Sat 20-Oct-18 10:28:06

Myself included ;)

ashley992 Sat 20-Oct-18 11:34:51

Has anyone had their whooping cough vaccination? I've got mine Tuesday when I'll be 16+2. It says from 16 weeks. I guess only being 2 days over 16 weeks will be ok? I did tell them on the phone but it was receptionist I spoke to, not midwife or GP.

SheRaTheAllPowerful Sat 20-Oct-18 12:07:35

I didn’t know I needed that one @ashley992 assume I’ve had it in the past, does it wear off? I’m going to get the flu one though, did you get that too?

FinallyGotAnIPhone Sat 20-Oct-18 12:29:34

Good to know SheRa!

Treaclepie19 Sat 20-Oct-18 12:37:52

@SheRaTheAllPowerful the midwife mentioned to me about it so I think you need it every pregnancy.
I suppose because it's to protect the baby until they can have it? So each baby would need you to have it. I think.

ashley992 Sat 20-Oct-18 13:47:55

My midwife mentioned it at my booking in appointment and said about the flu jab too. I've got that booked for a week on Tuesday. Apparently, I have heard there is a shortage on flu vaccines - that could just be certain areas though. The NHS website says which vaccinations are best to have in pregnancy and when to have them. You are advised to have whooping cough 16-32 weeks but can have it up until labour however the longer it's left after 32 weeks the less immunity for the baby is my understanding.

shamofamockery Sat 20-Oct-18 18:36:13

Great news, treaclepie! I've got horrible bladder area pains at the mo which aren't fun, and also have either a nasty cold or mild flu. Was so looking forward to a weekend in the sun having nice walks, instead I have a weekend in bed!! Hope everyone's having a better weekend :-) 15 weeks today for me!

AwkwardAsAllGetout Sat 20-Oct-18 19:53:24

Gender scan was great, and it’s a girl! Sonography was very good as baby was being incredibly awkward. It was amazing the detail we could see, we went in the early afternoon and she said the baby must have liked what I had for lunch as we could see her gulping away like noones business! I’m still dubious to fully accept it’s a girl so I’ll wait til the 20 week scan in a few weeks just to make sure.

Ohnonotanotherusername Sun 21-Oct-18 08:44:50

Congratulations @AwkwardAsAllGetout that's so exciting!

italianwifey Sun 21-Oct-18 08:51:47

Congrats @awkwardasallgetout! I can’t wait for ours next week.
Have to say though, starting to get anxious a bit at he fact I don’t feel pregnant much at all at the Moment, does anyone else feel like that?

ashley992 Sun 21-Oct-18 08:54:10

@italianwifey I feel the same. From what I've read it seems to be normal and we should be enjoying it but I don't think a first time mum wrote that statement! My tummy is growing and hardening up so that's a positive sign for me I hope! We're not finding out the sex so a long wait till 20 weeks for us!

donna474 Sun 21-Oct-18 10:05:42

@italianwifey I've not been feeling pregnant for a while, got a bit of a bump and occasional nausea but I think until my belly pops I'll still feel at that in between stage. Trying to find jumper dresses at the moment as I've decided this is my new style of choice for pregnancy!

newrubylane Sun 21-Oct-18 13:14:05

Hi all. Sounds like everyone is doing well. My abdominal/pelvic aches and pains seem to have subsided, so I'm feeling much perkier. Boobs a bit tingly the last day or two. I just think everything is growing!

Also, my nails have gone nuts. I'm a biter and have never been able to grow them for long because they just break normally, but now they are so long and strong and I'm determined not to bite!

I had a weird throwing up episode just before bed last night - only a tiny bit but it came on really quickly out of the blue. I'm guessing the babies didn't like something I'd eaten/drunk (it's my birthday today so I'd treated myself to some alcohol-free koppaberg, so possibly that?) or it's my body reacting to vitamins, iron and extra folic acid I've been given (extra for twins). I take them before bed, so most likely the latter.

MigMog Sun 21-Oct-18 15:33:27

Sitting waiting for an anti d injection (someone drove into our car, so came for one as a precaution).

I can now manage a blood test, OK. But the thought of this going in my arm and muscle is scary!

Does it hurt?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: