Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

August 2018 #6 - Impending Births and The Final Push!

(527 Posts)
peterpanwendy Tue 03-Jul-18 18:57:42

Into months 7 and 8 of our pregnancies now.. this will most likely be our last 'pregnant' thread before we all have our babies!!

How did we get here? Feels like just yesterday we were waving hello from the TTC boards.

If anyone new would like to join please do, we also have a very busy (private) Facebook group for everyone due in August 2018.

BertieBotts Tue 03-Jul-18 19:35:39

Thank you for the new thread! It took me a while to find it grin I have asked MNHQ if they will pop it back into Antenatal smile

Littleblueteacup Tue 03-Jul-18 19:58:27

How do we join the Facebook group? I'm due 9/8/18 smile

peterpanwendy Tue 03-Jul-18 20:13:02

Thank you @BertieBotts 🙈

Hi @Littleblueteacup if you private message @E2017 here on Mumsnet saying you'd like to join she will be able to help you join smile

iamloading Tue 03-Jul-18 20:13:14

Just place marking. I'm a shameless lurker but read the thread most days. My last baby was stillborn and I still can't quite believe that this one will be ok. Only 40 days until I'm induced though so fingers crossed!

Strawberrythief87 Tue 03-Jul-18 20:21:23

Hello
I'm due mid Aug and would like to join the group too, it's all suddenly very real (and very hot!) Saying that baby will be here next month feels very odd indeed!

samb1979 Tue 03-Jul-18 21:23:15

Hey everyone! Due end of August and this heat is hard work! First little one in the way and all I want to do is run around like a women possessed trying to get things sorted, but shuffling like a sweating sloth instead 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hope your all feeling well xx

szwidix89 Tue 03-Jul-18 23:35:39

This bloody heat is killing me ..
I wouldn't mind if not pregnant but otherwise it's just a nightmare I'm sweating like a piglet :P also got lower back pain and to add to it one on my right side- leg/ bum, kind of like sciatica I would say.
Well, only 7-8 weeks to go :D

louella99 Wed 04-Jul-18 00:57:25

Oooh exciting! I'm due end of August. I'll send a message re. joining the facebook group.

@iamloading so sorry to hear that. Hope you are doing as well as can be

GKite Wed 04-Jul-18 03:05:37

Hello, I'm new here! 35 days until my planned c section and it cannot come quick enough, I've had a few days of RFM and recently been given steriod just incase they needed to do an emergency section early.
With the above, HG, blood clot, blood transfusions, I kinda just want it to be all over now

StrawberryLemonade Wed 04-Jul-18 03:33:59

Place marking - sorry I fell off the last thread again.

Gem173 Wed 04-Jul-18 06:59:17

Thanks @peterpanwendy for the new thread!
And hello to all the newbies to the thread smile I’m due end of August (29th) so I think il be the last to have my baby 😂 look forward to hearing all of your birth stories!

Emmasmum2013 Wed 04-Jul-18 07:06:31

Thanks for the new thread @peterpanwendy !

Hi to all the new people! I can not believe we are in the final months.

@Gem173 for some reason I think you're going to go early!! I reckon you'll be mid August 😛

MamOfFrankie Wed 04-Jul-18 07:27:05

Shameless place marking 😁. 5w6d until EDD but temyped to start telling myself it is 7w6d so that it is a nice surprise when she comes earlier!

peterpanwendy Wed 04-Jul-18 07:35:48

Hello and welcome to everyone new! Shall we all introduce ourselves again to get to know each other a bit better?

I'm due 26/08 so right at the end, currently 32+3. I could be later than you @Gem173 but praying I'll be early or around due date for my sanity! I am having a girl, we have settled on 2 names for her but want to wait to choose until we meet her. Babies nursery is still a work in progress but hoping to have it finished just after I finish work in 3 weeks! Im also hoping to have a natural birth at my local birthing centre, fingers crossed!

BeesKnees9 Wed 04-Jul-18 07:37:34

Hi everyone 👋

@iamloading wishing you all the best for your induction and @Gkite for your c section - can’t believe people are so close to having their babies!

I am also due from late August (27th) so I think baby will be making an appearance in September which seems forever away. Only 24 working days left till I go on maternity leave thank god!

I have asked to join the Facebook group too so I will see some of you ladies over there soon smile

GKite Wed 04-Jul-18 07:43:58

I was due on the 15th August but I guess the 08.08.18 is cool as well. FIL wants the 6th as that's his birthday bless! I'm getting married at the end of August next year so one busy month now!
My SIL is due on the 16th of this month, so that's another grandchild smile we only gave FIL his first grandchild last year! grin
This is my third baby but second c section due to a very traumatic first vaginal birth.
Don't actually know whether baby is girl or boy, chose not to find out this time around. I have an appointment today to see an aneithist (sp) does anybody know what happens during this? I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but never had one before
Tia

BertieBotts Wed 04-Jul-18 07:45:01

They said the OP needs to request a move so if you want it to go over there you'll need to report the first post smile

What's everyone up to today? I must phone the hospital to get my registration meeting thing done and I'm doing some last ditch job hunting too.

DS1 is having dramas at school hmm Another boy, it turns out, threw his PE kit in the bin on Friday so I've got to replace all of that, it wasn't long bought - luckily it was all cheap stuff but what a silly thing to do! We're trying to figure out if other boy was being a bit stupid or whether DS1 was actually goading him because he has a bit of a tendency to go along with a crowd past the point of sense. Tough to get anything out of schools here, though - luckily his teacher actually responds to emails which his last one never did!

WaitingforToto Wed 04-Jul-18 07:46:30

Late August for me too - due 25/08 and I'm hoping to go over into September so he's not the youngest in his school year! Something tells me I won't have much of a say in the matter though smile I can't believe it's nearly time for some of us, in some ways it feels like forever to have got to this point and in other ways the time has flown!

peterpanwendy Wed 04-Jul-18 07:52:41

@BertieBotts all done! Hopefully that works now x

MamOfFrankie Wed 04-Jul-18 08:11:37

I'm slap bang in the middle of August (14th), so I am 34+1. Got DD1, who is 6, and very excited to have a new little sister. I am one of the hopelessly behind people who doesn't have a nursery etc all sorted, but in my defence we are in the process of renovating a new property, so not much can be done until it is finished (which is now looking like it is going to be September). 2 weeks and 2 days until maternity leave as I am a teacher and end at the end of this term - it cannot come soon enough!

NikkiL123 Wed 04-Jul-18 08:21:29

Hi everyone

I am due 14th August although hoping he arrives a bit earlier this heat is killing me and my poor feeties are soooo swollen!

Pretty much all ready for little mans arrival hospital bags all packed, nursery finished and travel system waiting to be used!
Xx

milney25 Wed 04-Jul-18 08:26:19

Thanks for the new thread @peterpanwendy! It's so hard to believe we are here - our first tentative posts in November seem so long ago now!

Welcome to everyone new! I'm due 1st August. I would like the little man to man an appearance anytime after 37 weeks 😀. Though I'm working up to 38+2 so preferably in the evening 🙈

Emmasmum2013 Wed 04-Jul-18 09:13:32

I'm due 22nd August so 33+2 today, this will be DD2 for me. DD1 is 4 now and starting school in September so its all go in our house at the moment!

We've got the nursery decorated and loads of stuff sorted. Just need to do a few more bits on the nursery, just decorative bits and bobs but I'm leaving that until I'm on my mat leave (3 weeks to go!!). And I need to pack my hospital bag.

I've got my "baby shower" with friends tonight. Its not really a baby shower, just an excuse for us all to get together for a nice meal. I'm really looking forwards to it though. Its not often we get to all see each other at the same time, life gets so hectic once you've all got kids.

somersetsinger Wed 04-Jul-18 09:56:29

Hi all,

Nice to meet the newbies.

I've got under a month until my due date now, so should really pack my hospital bag. All ready apart from that and under two weeks of work until maternity leave starts - yay!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: