Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

December 2018 Babies - Thread #3

(737 Posts)
MagicalCreatures Mon 18-Jun-18 20:17:32

Welcome oldies and any newbies.
Hope you all found the group ok.
And continue ............

Primrose16 Mon 18-Jun-18 20:25:54

Marking place

balalalala Mon 18-Jun-18 20:25:59

Hi all! Following on from the last thread, I started feeling odd sporadic movement about 10 days ago but now it's a lot more regular. Baby seems to like a little kick when I first wake, about 2pm and in the evening. Much earlier this time than with my dd.

I'm 16 weeks today, feels like a milestone! My boobs haven't really grown too much but they never went back properly after last time. My nipples however... The pain! I feel like they're constantly erect and rubbing on things!

balalalala Mon 18-Jun-18 20:29:01

Meant to say, lots of my friends had sleepyheads and their babies all slept really well however they then struggled weaning them off it. We battled without as I worried that they were against the lullaby trust advice.

Gemsie1984 Mon 18-Jun-18 20:35:04

Place marking smile

December2018 Mon 18-Jun-18 20:36:11

I can't wait until I'm 16 weeks!! I just wanna feel something now, we've booked our gender scan for a week on Saturday the 30th I'll be 15+3 I'm so exited!!!
.... I thought I felt something the other day but then I thought my mind was playing tricks on me

0lgaDaPolga Mon 18-Jun-18 20:54:10

Thanks for the new thread. I’ve felt a bit of movement for about a week now but it’s not very frequent and can only really feel it when I’m lying still.

I didn’t bother with a sleepyhead last time and my little boy slept like a dream very early on, although he hated being swaddled so I don’t think he’d have liked the sleepyhead even if I’d got one. Some people I know swear by them though.

smorgasborgen Mon 18-Jun-18 21:15:08

Hi all, I've been following the thread since day one but wanted to get the three month scan out of the way.
I'm very excited but also very nervous, as I have three year old who's very active and cheeky.
This is my scan pic. Would you mind having a guess of the sex? I don't understand the nub theory myself but I find it interesting.

Gemsie1984 Mon 18-Jun-18 21:17:00

Lol @smorgasborgen that cute little Santa 🎅.. I'm guessing boy based on skull theory..

Cakelaur Mon 18-Jun-18 21:39:57

Well done @MagicalCreatures

@smorgasborgen I'm gonna guess little boy too. Love the Xmas hat!

@balalalala how have you been??? Amazing that you have movement! I'm 14 weeks and I'm trying to be soooo in tune with my body to see if I can notice anything... but nothing yet!

balalalala Mon 18-Jun-18 21:46:36

Welcome @smorgasborgen gorgeous scan pic! I'm a bit of a novice but can't actually spot the nub on your scan!

@cakelaur yes doing really well thanks! Starting to relax into it all much more since the 12 week scan. Ready to ramp up the nerves for the 20 week one! Hope you're doing well too?

Cakelaur Mon 18-Jun-18 21:50:10

@balalalala I'm ok. Just plodding along. 14weeks today. Not sure how I'm supposed to last until 20 weeks without another scan! 🙈 might crack at 16weeks! Haha

balalalala Mon 18-Jun-18 21:52:07

It's a much longer way between 20 weeks and meeting baby! Last time I had a private 4d scan at 30 weeks as I couldn't wait!

GoldilocksTheGraceless Mon 18-Jun-18 22:12:49

@smorgasborgen what a cutie!! I'm guessing girl but only to be contrary 😂

@balalalala that is such a good point! My mind hardly goes past 16 weeks at the moment when we have our next appointment with midwife. 14 weeks tomorrow and feeling exhausted still!!

smoothies Tue 19-Jun-18 04:18:14

What is a sleepy head? It looks like an expensive pillow, does it do something? I couldn't see an explanation.

lrwe Tue 19-Jun-18 04:31:56

I'm here 😊

I didn't have a sleepyhead with my two and won't bother with this one. I do however want a Snuzpod! This time round I'm definitely going to be doing more cosleeping!

Do we have a list of due dates and people anywhere? I'm trying to remember who's who and failing miserably!

December2018 Tue 19-Jun-18 06:37:27

I think girl too... look at that tiny button nose 💜

smorgasborgen Tue 19-Jun-18 07:40:45

On the face of it I don't mind. I feel lucky to have another but part of me would like the experience of having a girl... But I would love a boy too.
I am freaking out a little about the sleep. When my son was little I really should have done more sleeping when he was asleep but was afraid the roof might collapse on top of him or something equally bizarre!x

Roomarmoset Tue 19-Jun-18 08:26:38

Thanks @MagicalCreatures

Phoenix67 Tue 19-Jun-18 09:23:36

Hi everyone,

Thought I’d join for some company! I’m 13 weeks today and due baby no 3 on Christmas Day! I’m still constantly nauseous and exhausted! Is it just me?

emwithme Tue 19-Jun-18 10:25:02

I need to have a small rant. Had my 16 week midwife appointment this morning. She asked how my consultant appointment went. I haven't had one yet, I replied, it's scheduled for 6 August. Apparently the consultant wanted to see me between 14 & 16 weeks. I'm now 16+2.

She has phoned and they are trying to squeeze me in tomorrow but GRRRRRR!

JustVent Tue 19-Jun-18 10:30:18

Placemarking. I’m also very much looking forward to the 16 week mark.

DoAsDreamersDo Tue 19-Jun-18 10:46:15

Hey everyone, just checking into the new thread.

Hows everyone doing? I'm struggling to get comfy in bed on a night now. I'm 15 weeks, but I know you're not supposed to lay on your back later in pregnancy so I'm practicing now.

December2018 Tue 19-Jun-18 10:57:38

I'm not very comfy at night time either hun, and when I first wake up in the morning I feel like I've done a session in the gym, ohhh the pain in the sides of my stomach are hurrendous, kind of in the rib area... what is it??
I'm so glad I've got you ladies it's really nice having somebody to moan about aches and pains too, my OH just thinks I'm having him on lol 😜

mazz9305 Tue 19-Jun-18 11:13:01

Hi All,

Just been for my 12 weeks scan (although apparently I am actually 14 weeks tomorrow!) so just found my due date is 24th December! Good chance of an xmas baby haha smile

It's my first one so it's nice to read this and see that other people are feeling exactly the same!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: