Talk

Advanced search

January 2019, thread 2

(350 Posts)
Leliana Sat 09-Jun-18 19:34:59

The first thread is almost full, so here we go: post here if you're expecting a baby in January 2019!

LG93 Sat 09-Jun-18 20:24:24

Checking in so I don't lose the new thread!

BowKay Sat 09-Jun-18 20:24:58

Checking in too!

Upsydasiy Sat 09-Jun-18 20:37:02

Also checking in 😊

Ash1992 Sat 09-Jun-18 21:13:24

Checking in
Is anyone's stomach feel bloated and sore

BrunetteBear Sat 09-Jun-18 21:14:52

And me!

Have been only lurking as I was worried cos I didn’t really have any symptoms till a couple of days ago - but now I’m super tired and the nausea has really cranked up. It’s left me feeling really gloomy as the nausea lasted throughout my pregnancy last time... 7weeks today so only 33 to go.... confused

Leliana Sat 09-Jun-18 21:27:21

@ash1992 I'm bloated and sore all over blush My clothes still fit, but only just - I've gone up a bra size, and my legs and tummy are straining at the seams of my trousers! My skin looks great though - DH commented today how clear it looks!

DH was rubbing my tummy earlier and he's convinced he can feel my uterus already, albeit in one very specific place very low down. I suppose it's credible - the womb doubles in size in the first few weeks of pregnancy, albeit from "very small" to "quite small"!

Leliana Sat 09-Jun-18 21:27:39

Welcomw, @BrunetteBear!

Ash1992 Sat 09-Jun-18 21:34:23

@Leliana I feel awful this sickness is so bad and no tablets are working for me ! :-(

isambardo Sat 09-Jun-18 21:37:58

@ash1922 I’m really bloated and sore too, my stomach is huge every evening. I’m up a dress size because of the bloat. (Third pregnancy though and it’s definitely worse this time around).

Ash1992 Sat 09-Jun-18 21:55:12

@isambardo I think it's worse feeling nauseous all day than actually feeling sick . Is anyone taking a b6 supplement o read online this helps with sickness the sea bands are not doing anything for me

Frenchiemamax Sat 09-Jun-18 21:56:25

Checking in too, thanks for the new thread Leliana!

LottieMcG Sat 09-Jun-18 21:58:36

I'm soooo bloated... invested in some peppermint tea after someone suggested it a few days ago so fingers crossed that works!

Frenchiemamax Sat 09-Jun-18 21:58:41

Also very jealous if your skin is clear, mine is absolutely hideous at the moment!

Soontobemumof4 Sat 09-Jun-18 22:05:58

Marking my place smile

blorgzorb Sat 09-Jun-18 22:11:02

Hello!
Hit my peak with nausea today... feel absolutely rotten. 10 weeks tomorrow though so I'm hoping I might start feeling better soon.
Soooo many food aversions though! I normally love full on flavours and use lots of herbs and interesting things when I'm cooking but I just can't stomach anything that's a few degrees over 'bland' grin these days. Hoping that might go soon too.
Anyone had any cravings yet? I've been enjoying apples of all things, never bothered with them before.
Yes to the bloat! Also (sorry if TMI) I've been either horrifically constipated or have diarrhoea - how fun!!

kitcatdog Sat 09-Jun-18 22:33:59

Checking in.

Leliana Sat 09-Jun-18 23:22:34

@blorgzorb My craving is Kinder Bueno. If only it were as low-calorie as Apple!

Leliana Sat 09-Jun-18 23:23:24

Loving the random autocorrect capitalisation there, as if I'm going to start tucking into an iPhone...

MrsS1984 Sun 10-Jun-18 08:31:33

No cravings here just anything beige is about all I can manage and the evening nausea us so much worse than any other point!

stegosauruslady Sun 10-Jun-18 08:44:20

Checking in! I'm with everyone on the bloat, its grim. I've been changing into leggings in the house, jeans are too uncomfortable. Nausea pretty grim (I'm 9 weeks) but I'm coping with it reasonably well.

DP has commented on my hair being great at the moment!

mwnca Sun 10-Jun-18 08:51:29

Hello everyone, I’m 7+5 with no.1. I’m 37 and had been TTC for nearly 3 years with one MMC at 10 weeks last autumn so DP and I are v.pleased and excited. Booked in for an early scan in a couple of weeks. We’ve told my parents we’re expecting. They are over the moon. My mum is very opinionated regarding things like breastfeeding and not going back to work too soon after baby’s born but I’m standing up to her and telling her we’ll do things our own way thanks! I have a bit of a dilemma as I have a job offer (complete change of career but one that pays better in the long run) to start in September. I’m weighing up my options as it might be possible to defer my start date. My current employer offers contractual maternity pay but I have to pay it back unless I go back for six months. I feel like this type of policy sends a strong message to women that we should either be having children or advancing our careers, but not both at the same time. So I’m trying to resist this by getting used to the idea that, by starting the new job either in Sept or after mat leave, I’ll lose out financially in the short run but will be better off in the long run. I’ve been enjoying reading this thread and didn’t want to lurk for much longer without saying something!

byanyothernamerose Sun 10-Jun-18 08:56:34

@blorgzorb I am only 6+4 but have also been having a thing about apples...I can only really stomach carbs right now and apples...more refreshing than they have ever been before...

Smor87 Sun 10-Jun-18 09:39:48

Hey!
I'm 7+4 and just joined the site; this is a planned pregnancy but unfortunately over the last 2/3 weeks I have been feeling really overwhelmed, worried about finances and selfishly thinking I don't want anything to change. I'm hoping to feel more positive soon but seeking counselling anyway! X

jennac Sun 10-Jun-18 10:05:25

@blorgzorb that’s so strange!! I have also been loving apples!!! They really do seem like the most refreshing thing ever

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: