Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

February 2019

(552 Posts)
Lollipop86 Wed 16-May-18 11:17:10

Hi everyone, just got a bfp this morning after over a year of trying, so excited whilst trying to keep calm as I recently had a mc. This will be my second baby, would love to chat to others who have just found out too!! Xxx

LeaningJowler Sun 20-May-18 20:33:39

Congrats Lollipop! I got my bfp this morning. This will be my second child, both via ivf. I’ve estimated my due date as 2nd Feb 2019. Hopefully others will come and join us soon!

Quirkycutekitch2011 Sun 20-May-18 22:50:02

I got Bfp on Thursday - there were none in the shop that showed the number of weeks gone on so want to retest with one of those!

totorosumbrella Mon 21-May-18 13:20:24

Hello! Got bfp today, quite strong on frer considering I'm only 9 dpo! Had A miscarriage in February and I'm 38 so trying not to over invest, first hurdle is getting past Saturday when my period's due.

Quirkycutekitch2011 Mon 21-May-18 15:32:22

I’m a similar age Totoro and this will also be my second - keeping everything crossed at the moment

totorosumbrella Mon 21-May-18 16:49:12

I hate this part, time goes so slowly til 12 weeks! This time I have a three year old to torment/distract me though ..

MuddlingThrough1724 Thu 24-May-18 09:04:07

Good morning everyone!

Very VERY tentatively joining after a bfp this morning. If all goes to plan, this will be my second baby, my dd is 18 months.

Am so surprised as it took 3 and a half years to conceive my dd, and I went to the gp last month as I wasn't ovulating. Was referred for blood tests and a pelvic ultrasound, which I only had yesterday, both of which all normal, and then a faint line on a FRER test this morning. Assumed it was an evaporation line so took a CB Digital on the off chance and that was positive too!

totorosumbrella Fri 25-May-18 10:53:40

Hi Muddling!

totorosumbrella Fri 25-May-18 10:55:53

Feeling a bit sick this morning and taking that as a good sign. I didn't get any sickness at all when I was pregnant with dd. I've decided I'm going to pretend it's not happening til 6 weeks and then I'll think about booking midwife appt...

Littlemissamy Fri 25-May-18 11:09:33

Congratulations everyone - I also got my BFP this morning. After 2 miscarriages (one early and one missed until 12 week scan), I’ve got very mixed emotions at the minute. Im happy but not, expecting the worst buy hopibg for the best!

Quirkycutekitch2011 Sat 26-May-18 08:39:44

When do we arrange the midwife/nurse appointment? I can’t remember much from last time - it was 8 years ago - all I remember is being shocked they just take your word for it that you are pregnant- I thought they did a blood test as the doctors.

I haven’t been feeling sick but I’ve got a weird taste in my mouth & feel ‘out of sorts’ just a bit down & not myself sad

imreallyamermaid Sat 26-May-18 08:58:24

Hi all! I got my BFP on Thursday but didn't quite believe it so did another test this morning and yup pfp again smile
3rd (and final) baby for me due around feb 2nd as well! My youngest is 7 so trying to remember the ropes again!

furandchandeliers Sun 27-May-18 08:21:07

Congratulations to everyonegrin

Got my bfp last night. Me and df have 7 children between us (me 5 and him 1 and one that isn't biologically his but he's blight him up) and we have always wanted one together but it just wasn't happening, so went for tests and I was told I was fine and he had 97% abnormal sperm!shock

This was a month ago so we were getting ourselves ready to start ivf and then this happens! Can't believe it, were both shocked but so happy!

Is there anyone else with a large family out there smile

Picklesandpies Mon 28-May-18 11:59:47

Hi all,

I am tentatively joining - got a faint BFP on Friday and then stringers one's since, with a positive digital this morning. Had a miscarriage at nearly 8 weeks in April so feeling a bit nervous but excited still. @imreallyamermaid this will also be our 3rd and final baby and our youngest is also 7. Have forgotten everything!

Fingers crossed anyway!

Picklesandpies Mon 28-May-18 12:01:25

Should read 'stronger', not 'stringers'!

imreallyamermaid Mon 28-May-18 21:03:49

@Picklesandpies so much has changed!!! I'm reading about perfect prep machines and sleepy heads? What are these things!? 😂

MuddlingThrough1724 Mon 28-May-18 22:26:10

Unfortunately it looks like I'm out this time round. Heavy bleeding started yesterday so suspect a chemical pregnancy. Good luck for happy and healthy pregnancies for all of you. Xx

Picklesandpies Tue 29-May-18 09:10:24

Sorry to hear that @MuddlingThrough1724. I am also sort of waiting for that as I'm not due on until tomorrow. Best of luck for next month.

Picklesandpies Tue 29-May-18 09:14:43

@imreallyamermaid I know what you mean about all the new fangled baby things. Things have changed a lot! Think there are a lot of things which make life easier - the Snuzpod looks great.

Fiep Tue 29-May-18 20:55:53

Hey! Newbie here but veteran lurker ;)

I had bfp x 3 over the last couple of days. Two faint lines yesterday and this morning and then a very clear bfp on a frer this afternoon.

My cycles have been all over the place since removing the copper coil two months ago but I'm estimating an early February 2019 baby if all goes well.

First timer, 31, slightly bricking it...the idea of squeezing a human out of THAT seems far-fetched atm lol.

Sorry to read about some of your bleeding, such early days yet isn't it, are you all finding you're trying not to be too excited?

Picklesandpies Wed 30-May-18 07:02:57

Hi @Fiep smile

Just a quick one - is anyone concerned about using deodorant containing aluminium/parabens? I had a link come up on my pregnancy app last night about link between that and birth defects? I hadn't heard about this. Obviously wouldn't want to risk anything but also like an antiperspirant to keep things fresh!

furandchandeliers Wed 30-May-18 19:45:51

I've not thought about it tbh I've used normal anti persperant with all mine and none of them are deformed! You can get natural deodorant to though if you are worried.

Is anyone else finding it hard to think about anything except babies?

I'm feeling gating the urge to buy something, it's too early!

Celebelly Wed 30-May-18 21:47:45

Hi everyone!

I just got my BFP today and I'm still in shock I think!

I'm 32 and this is my first baby. We conceived on cycle 5 after a previous chemical pregnancy. I'm still super early (two days before period is due) so trying not to get my hopes up too much but I'm really excited x

Fiep Wed 30-May-18 22:07:42

Hi @celebelly! Congratulations!
Fingers crossed for everyone on this thread.
It feels weird to me that now we just wait....

Fiep Wed 30-May-18 22:15:51

@furandchandeliers I'm definitely not thinking about buying stuff yet - I haven't even got my head round the whole thing yet!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: