Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

I yam what i yam graduates

(549 Posts)
Mamabooksbabynumber2 Thu 05-Apr-18 21:20:42

Any ladies over here in the pregnancy boards from the ttc yammer board want to join Me?

I'm 4 weeks and just got my bfp yesterday and have my fx for a sticky bean x

NimbleKnitter Thu 05-Apr-18 21:35:56

I'm in! 24 weeks in - shit is starting to get real

LimpLettice Thu 05-Apr-18 21:43:07

I'm a tiny bit scared to join. So a tentative hello for now, and hopefully more after next weeks scan at almost 8 weeks.

Milknosugar1 Fri 06-Apr-18 07:27:45

Hey everyone. I'm 11+4 today. I have the 12 week scan on Tuesday which is playing on my mind no end. I've had so many people in RL have bad news on the 12 week scan - it's normally RL that's all hunkydory not bloody terrifying!

Really hope we all stick around here and many others join us. I've missed the yammers thread (still follow it and do a little dance when folks get good news) xx

DoAsDreamersDo Fri 06-Apr-18 08:30:08

Hey Yammers! I'm 5+2 and very excited but also very nervous!
It's our first and I don't think I'll start to believe it's real until after our first scan at 12 weeks.

Mamabooksbabynumber2 Fri 06-Apr-18 08:45:19

Hi everyone! How do you work out how many weeks and days you are? My last af was the 4th March.

I'm nervous too and scares to get excited. My symptoms have been tiredness and very sore boobs.

We haven't told dc1 and will wait until scan just incase

DoAsDreamersDo Fri 06-Apr-18 09:50:20

I downloaded the Ovia and Glow apps (I used these when TTC) and they knew from the date of my last period and length of cycle etc how many weeks and days pregnant I am. If you're due on 8th December (I think that's what you said before?) then you'll be 4+6 I think grin

Mamabooksbabynumber2 Fri 06-Apr-18 10:08:33

Thank you doasdreamersdo it says I am 4 + 5 due 9th December. How are you feeling?

DoAsDreamersDo Fri 06-Apr-18 11:21:18

I'm feeling ok, thanks Mama . I keep getting the odd cramp every now and then, but it's settled down since last week. How are you? Any symptoms yet?

Mamabooksbabynumber2 Fri 06-Apr-18 11:48:00

doas that's good they are settling down. I was having some mild cramps yesterday. Been knicker checking and did another digital test this morning just to be sure.
I've got sore boobs and tired but that's it. I have dc8 and she was quite an easy pregnancy so I'm hoping it will be similar but can't help worrying about it sticking.

Milknosugar1 Fri 06-Apr-18 12:21:00

Congratulations to you both! I had all sorts of funny twingey stretchy cramps up until week 7 so don't worry about each and every one. I still get pains now but they're more related to the various toilet issues! Oh the glamour! It's my first too Dreamers so everything has been new. Mama I hope your second is as easy as your first. Limp I hope you're finding lots of ways to keep busy and you're getting a lot of support xx

DoAsDreamersDo Fri 06-Apr-18 13:31:39

Thanks Milk last week I thought that my period was on its way because of all the cramps, but I kept getting cramps and nothing else and once I was late I did a test smile . In a way I don't mind little twinges because it reminds me that it's real and not all in my head!

Milknosugar1 Tue 10-Apr-18 18:35:02

limp how you getting on? I had my 12 weeker today and hope you have good news too xx

lanzlucy Wed 11-Apr-18 11:37:00

Hello yammers,
I was on previous threads under a different user name. Glad to see a few of us here and hope everyone is getting on ok. Am 14+3 at the moment and it's been a bit of a surreal experience. We didn't tell a soul until 12 weeks because of nerves and mainly that it didn't feel real. Still feel like a fraud when I tell people I'm pregnant. Also finding it weird having to talk about babies after spending so long avoiding all conversations about the topic. Been lucky so far in not having severe symptoms and got low risk from downs Edwards testing. Got low Papp-a though so still waiting to find out what that all means. Just something to keep up the anxiety. Fingers crossed everything goes ok for you at the next scan @LimpLettice

LimpLettice Wed 11-Apr-18 13:01:08

Hello ladies! Scan good. 7+1, a bit less than I thought (super early bfp then) but good heart beat and bobbing little kidney bean seen. Feeling nausea pretty much all day now, so feel much happier. Just need to keep on keeping on and trying not to wobble too much.

Milknosugar1 Wed 11-Apr-18 13:42:38

Yay limp! That's great news! I hope they're having you back again in a couple of weeks? Xx

LimpLettice Wed 11-Apr-18 13:52:33

Signed off from epu now Milk until 12 week dating scam. Annoying but I understand and they have been great this time. We'll book a private one at 9 ish weeks for reassurance I think.

Milknosugar1 Wed 11-Apr-18 13:53:38

Ah I saw your full update on the yammers thread. A private one definitely sounds good. Every day I think "well I'm one day further on than yesterday". Hopefully these days will add up to something good for all of us. I am very very happy for you. I hope your other appts are ok today xxx

Milknosugar1 Wed 11-Apr-18 13:54:15

Sorry x post

DoAsDreamersDo Wed 11-Apr-18 18:01:56

Eek Limp that’s fab news! X

NimbleKnitter Wed 11-Apr-18 22:11:26

Yey @LimpLettice!

LimpLettice Fri 13-Apr-18 13:36:31

It is for now, thank you. I just do not feel lucky. Every twinge and ache gives me The Fear. I think another few weeks and if things are okay I may feel better. I remember so vividly the excitement and pleasure I took in my pregnancy with DD, 9 odd years ago, I feel so wistful for that. In January I was starting to feel it again but this time it is just dread. Pfft.

Summer1986 Mon 16-Apr-18 20:41:33

Hello ladies! Can I join? I was on the first 2 or 3 yam boards. Great to see some familiar names, good luck to you all x

RhiBee29 Tue 17-Apr-18 11:42:58

Hi Everyone!!!

Currently 12+2, impatiently waiting for dating scan which is a week tomorrow. All was ok at private scan at 9+6 but DS has contracted Slap Cheek and I'm not immune sadbloody terrified, having more bloods on the 25th and hopefully I haven't caught it.

So lovely to see all you graduates grin

SoozC Sat 21-Apr-18 14:54:06

I'm here, Yammers!!!!

Hopefully it'll be a permanent stay for me, only 4+2 at the moment and only got to about 7 weeks last time. Everything crossed pleased!

Just cannot believe it! Feels very surreal right now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: