Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

November 2018 #2

(1000 Posts)
BadBadBeans Mon 19-Mar-18 10:44:27

Ante-natal thread for babies due this November, continued...

Stats spreadsheet is here - add and update yourself as needed!

Saraswati Mon 19-Mar-18 10:49:52

Marking my place...

toasterstrudle Mon 19-Mar-18 10:53:06

Placemarking, thanks @BadBadBeans! 7+4 today and midwife next week, still so tired and nauseous! Hello to all the new girls with bfps, fx for exciting times ahead for us all!

belkins Mon 19-Mar-18 10:58:48

Can I just jump in and add myself? I had a very unexpected positive test on saturday and have tested at least 3 times every day since....blush

I have no children, and a chequered history with pregnancy - I've had 9 v early miscarriages/chemical pregnancies over the last 10yrs (the longest pregnancy lasting until 7+5) and around 18 different fertility treatments (IUI, clomid etc). However this is a totally natural pregnancy smile

This time I have a miscarriage consultant and am on all sorts of meds so thought I'd start off positively and join an antenatal thread! Such early days but could do with the support if thats ok smile

BadBadBeans Mon 19-Mar-18 11:03:05

@MammyDC @MiniMinions My son is 20 months and is showing quite a lot of interest in his potty. He's done a few poos and wees in it over the last couple of weeks! I hadn't even THOUGHT about the logistics of having to take him into a public toilet with a newborn... I really struggle with using public toilets at the best of times (I have anxiety that comes with genuine OCD tendencies) so I am going to have to think carefully about how I will handle that.

And MammyDC, yes, this site is one long thread!

@Picklesandpies I've had a bit more of a look at the NIPTs available, and yes you can do the Panorama earlier and it does test for more conditions. However, if you do go for that one, just be aware that the extra conditions it tests for seem to have a slightly higher false positive rate.

@sarahhh1984 thank you; that's really helpful. Looks like I will be doing my tax return while 38 weeks pregnant then! Ha.

@Teaisnecessary thanks for sharing your experience of an ELCS.

@TinyPaws no good excuses for being sober here I'm afraid! It's a family member's 95th birthday next week and we're having a party with close family, at which there will be champagne. I never turn down champagne unless I'm pregnant, so we are probably going to have to tell people beforehand. I don't want them guessing!

@Fruitandnutty welcome! My GP said I couldn't book any appointments until I was closer to 8 weeks pregnant, but that is TOTALLY different to my first pregnancy (different GP) when they registered me with the midwife service right away. I'd definitely call them if I were you! I have done three tests to confirm BFP - one two days apart, and the next one a week later to check that the line had got stronger. I've got one left that I'm saving for next week, in case I still don't feel pregnant, just to convince myself! I'm only using cheap supermarket ones though.

@LastNightsMakeUp yes, I am also strangely keen to feel sick...

sarahhh1984 Mon 19-Mar-18 11:07:59

Thanks for starting the thread @BadBadBeans! Just marking my place.

marchblossom Mon 19-Mar-18 11:12:45

Place marking! Welcome newbies and congratulations thanks

Emelene Mon 19-Mar-18 11:27:12

Aw congratulations @belkins - a hard fought for BFP! Welcome. smile

Thanks for the new thread and reminder about the spreadsheet @BadBadBeans.

LastNightsMakeUp Mon 19-Mar-18 11:36:49

Placemarking

olderthanyouthink Mon 19-Mar-18 11:36:50

@TinyPaws you could just say you've decided to extend you no alcohol thing for a whole year (potentially not a lie), I know a few people who have done this with alcohol, coffee, meat (my bf did it and 4 years later is still veggie).

@FruitandNutty I'm 5 weeks today (known for 10days now) and took a internet cheapie test this morning blush still doesn't feel real

toasterstrudle Mon 19-Mar-18 11:55:00

Congratulations @belkins ! Crossing everything for you.

LastNightsMakeUp Mon 19-Mar-18 12:38:15

@tinypaws my friend has given up caffeine and alcohol because she keeps getting UTI’s, I bet if you blurted that out they’d be no further questioning 😂

bellanotte22 Mon 19-Mar-18 12:38:17

Hi all smile

Got my BFP last night - been away for a week so had an inkling when my boobs were on fire! Will be number 3 for us. Really happy. Huge congrats to you all xx flowers

hellotoyellow Mon 19-Mar-18 12:41:12

Congratulations @belkins and @bellanotte22!

GiveMummyTheWhizzer Mon 19-Mar-18 12:41:44

Aaah here you all are; ignore my idiotic question on the last thread.... blushgrin

confuddledconfudle Mon 19-Mar-18 12:49:17

Hi everyone, can I join...
I'm due 28th Nov so still very early and feeling very cautious. Excited and nervous in same amounts. I have a demanding 1 year old who is very jealous if anyone touches Mummy so I don't know how she is going to be. Still co-sleeps and wakes during the night. I'm feeling guilty already for my dd as I'm taking away all that mummy 1-1 time.
So I'm just nervous about how I'm going to cope! On the other hand I struggled to conceive Dd and this time went relatively normal so I am so so thankful for that.

KW1987 Mon 19-Mar-18 12:59:42

Hi everyone, can I join please?

I got my BFP yesterday and my app tells me I’m 3+6 and DD 27th November! I already have one DD who just turned 4 and is desperate for a sibling!!! I actually followed the feb 2014 thread a little bit when I was expecting my DD but was never brave enough to post and I really feel like I’d like to join this time!

Struggling with tiredness, not helped with my body suddenly deciding I should start the day between 4 and 5am, and a bit of nausea (although I think this might just be me feeling a bit anxious about the whole thing confused). I’ve also quite a bit of cramping but it’s not a painful period like cramping and feels more like it might me stretching? One thing I have noticed the past couple of days is that the soreness in my boobs had decreased over the past couple of days to almost nothing! Anybody else had this? I must say I’m panicking myself slightly about it! It doesn’t help that the line on the test was really light, but then it’s still early, and a lines a line isn’t it? Part of me really wants to do another test but the other half of me is terrified in case it’s not there anymore.

I don’t know, you spend lots of time panicking about getting pregnant and then when you do, lots of time panicking about it all being alright!

wejammin Mon 19-Mar-18 13:11:12

My poor DD has spent all morning trying to get me to play with her and I've just been curled up on the sofa with exhaustion. I felt so guilty that we've done some baking to cheer us both up.

boring topic alert Has anyone else thought about saving up for maternity leave yet? As this is number 3 for us and probably last baby, I would love a full year off but it's going to depend on how much we can save up by November. Thankfully we've saved all our baby stuff, but last 2 mat leaves I have racked up some credit card debt that I'm still paying off (We bought a house when DD was 6 months old and I had no income!).

sarahhh1984 Mon 19-Mar-18 13:13:31

Just had a text from mw letting me know that second urine sample came back clean so I don't have some kind of mystery infection! First sample must just have been contaminated... Phew!

MeredithShepherd Mon 19-Mar-18 13:15:06

Hi everyone! 7 weeks today. How slowly is this first bit going?!

sarahhh1984 Mon 19-Mar-18 13:20:55

@wejammin Saving for mat leave is definitely something I've been thinking about. I'm self-employed so only get Maternity Allowance which isn't quite as good as SMP.

If I manage to last out until just before my due date before I start mat leave, the MA will be due to finish around the middle of July 2019 I think. I don't want to take a full year off as December, January and February tend to be quiet months for me and not a good time to go back, but would be nice to be able to stay off until, perhaps, September so that we could go on a little family holiday during off-peak. Going to try to save what I can now that my business is heading into its busier season, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my DH who's up for a promotion in work. Should find out this week if he's got it or not. We don't need to buy much new baby stuff - just a new pram - so all in all, that side of things isn't too bad.

So if the stars all align, I'll hopefully be able to take about 10-11 months off!

olderthanyouthink Mon 19-Mar-18 13:46:08

@wejammin I've been thinking about saving since I saw that faint pink line! Seeing at this is a huge surprise, my bf has only just started his job and we'll need to move before November saving is at the front of our minds. And then there's all the stuff to buy, will have to control my self.

Don't know how long I'd like to be off for, depends on if I go out of my mind with boredom but I think until SMP runs out (no idea what works maternity policy will be as I'm the first except the -male- CEO)

Picklesandpies Mon 19-Mar-18 14:02:54

Thanks for the new thread and also for the info on Panorama test @BadBadBeans. I'll have another look at it this evening.

january29 Mon 19-Mar-18 14:08:39

Hi everyone, seven weeks today and feel like everything is slow, I’ve not got any appointment dates yet so looking forward to getting them so I have something to count down to!

Cupcakesandlove Mon 19-Mar-18 14:26:45

HI ive been absent as ive been suffering with sickness and nausea. Its so much worse thab with my daughter, last time i was sick untill the placenta was out.... i hope it doesnt go on that long.
I got my booking in appointment on 19th april and my scan on 26th.

I saw a few people mention potty training ive been lucky my daughter has been dry day and night since 18 months. But she doesnt have bottles or feeds during the night. Every child is different my niece is 3 and isnt dry at all yet. Take your time.

This thread is not accepting new messages.