Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else with a November 2018 baby yet?

(1000 Posts)
MeredithShepherd Sat 24-Feb-18 15:47:22

This is my 2nd dc. We weren’t trying so unexpected but I’ve had a feeling something was going on for the last week. Tested this morning and got a BFP.

So it’s DC2 (already have a 4 year old DS)
Due date 5/11/18 I think

My feb 2014 group is fab and I’ve made some lovely friends on there so hoping to do the same this time all being well!

dontquit Sat 24-Feb-18 16:05:47

Hi @MerdithShepard, just logged on to see if there was a group yet smile this will be no.3 for me! Am delighted. 1st month ttc so we are so so lucky. Wasn't expecting it just yet. My due date is actually 30th of oct going by lmp but was doing ov tests and ov'd late this cycle so not really due unti 3/4 nov. I always go over due too so didn't fancy being left on my own in oct thread.
My 2 dcs will be 5 and 3 when this baby arrives.
Early days but how are you feeling?
I've had early MC at 7wks in the past so bit anxious this time again. X

MeredithShepherd Sat 24-Feb-18 16:13:01

I’m feeling nervous and worrying about life with 2! My sons father disappeared when I told him I was pregnant so it’s going to be different this time having someone to share it with! It will be my partners 1st child so he’s a lot more anxious than me!
I also got PND after my son so I’m hoping that won’t reappear this time!

dontquit Sat 24-Feb-18 16:26:17

Ah you'll be great this time. I really don't know how people do it on their own but if you got through that you'll be fine this time with good support. Your dc is at a great age too to enjoy new baby. I had hard time last time as 2nd dc was much harder baby with colic and having 2 year old as well meant I was in a state of exhaustion for months. Not sure if I had pnd but the first 6mths or so are a complete blur. Really don't remember much from that time.
Always wanted 3 and didn't want too big a gap. My dcs will be in school and preschool when this one arrives so will have the morning with just baby which I'm really looking forward to.

MeredithShepherd Sat 24-Feb-18 16:43:47

Ahh that will be a lovely age gap then and also gives you time alone with baby. I’m determined to breastfeed this time as I quit on day 3 last time!

bangwhistle Sat 24-Feb-18 21:15:08

Hello, number 3 here. Think I'm looking at 1st Nov. Got my BFP last Wednesday. We were trying but now it's happened I am freaking out somewhat! My husband working away all week and I have a demanding but part time freelance career. Other DC will be 5 and 3 when this one comes. So many peo-le told me I was crazy when I said I was considering a third. I'm 36 too so have all the anxiety.

bangwhistle Sat 24-Feb-18 21:23:29

Meredith: I'm not a single parent but I am on my own a lot (and when DH around either stressed or depressed). Two is hard. But you find your rhythm. My two are very easy now which is probably why I've convinced myself I should have a third 😂

bangwhistle Sat 24-Feb-18 21:24:49

Don'tQuit: we're twins then! How are you feeling about the whole third baby thing?

dontquit Sat 24-Feb-18 23:09:13

Hi @bangwhistle. Yes we are twins! I'll be 35 having this baby so not far behind you. Really not worried about the age thing as a lot of friends are only just starting their family now so still feel pretty young! The 3rd will prob be the end of that grin
Ya it's a weird feeling this time round. I remember jumping around the place with excitement with first pregnancy. Second pregnancy I felt a bit like it wouldn't last and I did Mc at 7weeks (I had my normal pregnancy symptoms..sore boobs, feeling bit dizzy etc so couldn't put my finger on why I felt that way must just have been intuition). 3rd pregnancy I was over the moon again. She was my hard baby..colicky and did not leave my arms until she was 18mths. So this time around while it's very much planned and I'm delighted I do have that feeling of 'what the f**k have we done'. I worry that we have already been blessed with 2 healthy dcs so how can that luck continue. I see friends who have dcs with autism and I work in healthcare so aware of so many possibilities. I wonder how we would cope if there were any issues as it will be hard enough adding another healthy dc to the mix. Gosh not even 5wks and overthinking a bit hmm
You're right our dcs are at a good age now. I thought I would ttc last year but decided to put it off and really enjoyed the past year just having fun with them without being pregnant or adding a baby to it.
Have you any symptoms yet? My boobs are very sore today and went for a lie down this evening and passed out for nearly 2hrs. DH off today. We both work shifts so very much like passing ships in this house but a plus is we need very little childcare.

dontquit Sat 24-Feb-18 23:14:25

@MerdithShepard. I hope the bf works for you this time. It will be easier with more support this time round. The first few nights are a killer but if you can hang in there past night 3 when milk comes in it does get a lot easier. Prior to that it is constant feeding 2nd and 3rd night (no sleep whatsoever). It doesn't continue like that. In saying all that mental health is way way more important. I really think I should have changed to bottles with my last dd. I kept up the bf as I had done it for the first and felt enormous guilt at the thought of stopping. I was too exhausted to think straight and think of what to do so I continued to do what I knew. This time I'll go with bf but won't be opposed to giving bottles too if it's the best for me and my family.

MeredithShepherd Sun 25-Feb-18 06:48:32

Hi bangwhistle! Wow I’m in awe of people on their third! I struggle with one at times, he’s very independent and stubborn (some would say like his mother!)
I don’t have any symptoms, just sore boobs (and I sleep on my front so it makes sleeping a tad difficult!) and a bit crampy now and then.
My dp and I went out for a meal last night and he is so excited about the baby. We don’t currently live together and he works away all week so we need to think about the logistics.

bangwhistle Sun 25-Feb-18 12:24:18

@MeredithShepherd it d8d take me 2.5 years to recover from the strain of DC2! My husband works away all week but there's nothing that can be done about that so my plan is to save like a maniac and have all the help. I want a post natal doula and I will defo get a cleaner from about halfway through. DC2 was difficult though - had a liver tumour (benign but rare and we had to spend a lot of time in hospital) she's still a terrible sleeper 🙄

Snowflake16 Sun 25-Feb-18 13:42:00

Hi all, congratulations on your bfp's.
I'm 33 and found out last Sunday I'm expecting dc2. We had only been TTC for 2 months so it was a bit of a shock that it happened so quickly. I tested early because I was having awful headaches and sore heavy boobs, which is how it started with dd
Due date is 2nd of Nov but I did ovulate early and normally have shorter cycles so it maybe more like 30/31st Oct.
Dd is almost 21months so will be nearly 2.5 when this baby comes.
I also had a wonderful supportive June 16 group last time so hoping this group will be the same.

january29 Sun 25-Feb-18 18:56:36

Congratulations everyone! Can I join, got a bfp today though very faint, tested early though, think my due date would be 5/11. This will be baby 2, as already got a 14 month old dd. No symptoms yet,going to test again in the morning to see if my line gets darker. Looking forward to hopefully journeying along with you.

bangwhistle Sun 25-Feb-18 22:11:43

Congratulations @Snowflake16 and @january29!

toasterstrudle Sun 25-Feb-18 23:37:22

Hi all, congratulations to everyone! Would love to join please, bfp today and due date looking like 1st Nov. DS is only 7 months so if this all goes ahead that'll be a 15 month age gap blushgrin

dontquit Sun 25-Feb-18 23:48:54

Welcome to the group @toasterstrudle, @snowflake16 & @january29. Congrats on the bfps.
Hope it's plain sailing for all of us!

MeredithShepherd Mon 26-Feb-18 06:46:32

Congratulations and welcome to toaster, snowflake and January!
I keep waking up with headaches, nearly every morning! I don’t remember this from the first time around although it was almost 5 years ago so I’ve probably just forgotten!

MeredithShepherd Mon 26-Feb-18 12:17:00

Anyone else crazily bloated? I’ve had the button on my jeans undone all morning!!

dontquit Mon 26-Feb-18 13:38:34

Yip me! Ordered pregnancy jeans online already!! I was in the shops the other day and the only ones I saw were for smaller women. My previous ones are so well worn couldn't face them again. Think I continued to wear them for several mths after baby came as stubbornly refused to buy new normal jeans until I was bk to normal size. Last time I was very obviously pregnant by 12wks. This past week I think I look about 6mths by night time!!

january29 Mon 26-Feb-18 13:47:46

Yes feel pretty bloated and hot all the time. I remember being hot before but not this early. Anyone else hot?

Welcome toaster, how you feeling about the small age gap today?

MeredithShepherd Mon 26-Feb-18 14:11:41

Not so much hot but I find myself going light headed. That’s mainly when I’m asking the 4 year old to do as he’s bloody told and getting cross!!! Someone remind me why I’m having another confused

january29 Mon 26-Feb-18 14:51:12

grin @meredith

My DH said to me this morning are you testing, as first time round I tested loads, however my DD was hanging off me screaming as she’s teething, I was like I’ll be lucky to pee let alone on a stick grin

whiningandwining Mon 26-Feb-18 14:53:25

Yes! Due 5th November, but likely to be earlier as will be a section. Baby no 2, been trying for 4 months, so not long, but just enough to get me concerned. Excited and nervous.

january29 Mon 26-Feb-18 14:56:27

Welcome @whining congratulations! How olds your dc1?

This thread is not accepting new messages.