Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

September 2018 #2: testing and symptom-analysing

(989 Posts)
Secondsop Sat 13-Jan-18 15:49:57

New thread. Will attempt to post link in old thread!

bitzy12 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:53:40

Yes it works x

kirinm Sat 13-Jan-18 15:57:46

Saving my place.

I'm paranoid as my nausea is nowhere near as bad as yesterday.

Secondsop Sat 13-Jan-18 16:02:01

Hurrah! Could you ladies help me concoct a white lie? I don’t want to tell my work that I’m pregnant yet but I have had to put some upcoming medical appointments onto our HR system (I can change them to say antenatal later). My boss WILL ask me something about them. What’s the easiest thing for me to say that explains 3 short-notice appointments over the course of 7 days? I am thinking one of the following:

- suspected cyst needing an ovarian scan
- new blood pressure medication requiring close monitoring

Neither of those are completely untrue as one appointment is a scan and the other is to monitor my blood pressure as my medication has been increased.

Namechangedtoscream Sat 13-Jan-18 16:13:38

Thanks

Jfw82 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:15:04

@Secondsop I'd go with the blood pressure one. They shouldn't really ask but I know I'm likely going to be asked about my appts too

Secondsop Sat 13-Jan-18 16:27:51

Thanks @jfw82 . Thing is I wouldn’t mind my manager knowing in principle but I know for a FACT that she will not keep it to herself and people who I would like to tell myself will end up knowing through her. That happened to me last time - I told her early in case I got unwell and she told someone else who I had worked with for years and who had been my manager through my conception problems and my miscarriage, who i really wanted to tell myself.

@kirinm hope you start feeling sick again soon (meant in the nicest possible way).

Fia256 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:39:58

Marking my place!

6 weeks tomorrow and having the odd bout of slight nausea but it's probably all in my head anyway!

Keep getting the odd dull ache in my right side and really worrying it could be ectopic. It's not painful at all but just feel it every now and then. I'm almost certain I ovulated from that side too. But then last pregnancy I had this too and had an early scan to check and all was fine. So I hope that's the case this time too!

Scan in 6 days time when I'll be 6+5

Sals27 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:46:13

I've just got home from a jump session. I've been horse riding for years yet my legs are aching like I'm a beginner. My stamina was lacking aswell. Must be those hormones relaxing my muscles. I'm going to feel this tomorrow!

dingdongdigeridoo Sat 13-Jan-18 16:48:46

I'm now fully into the nausea zone. With DS, I had it for a couple of hours each morning and could then get on with my life. This time, it's just all bloody day. Had it from about 10am til midnight yesterday, off and on, and it's so hard to focus on anything while it's going on.

Flybynight1 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:10:43

Checking in! 5 weeks tomorrow and the exhaustion has just hit me this afternoon (possibly combined with the party DS had last night). Can't wait for bedtime!

Paranormalbouquet Sat 13-Jan-18 17:14:04

I went for a nap and woke with severe nausea.

charlie1234567 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:17:15

The tiredness is ridiculous.... haven't had nausea unless husband is driving like an idiot... 6 weeks + 2 and all the appointments are waiting for me!

Jut want the next month/ 6 weeks to hurry past grin

ShutTheFridgeUp Sat 13-Jan-18 17:24:23

I'm finally admitting to the nausea and exhaustion! I kept writing it off as an off week, but I think it's time to admit it's pregnancy related.

I had zero symptoms with my first (other than HUGE boobs-which I'm yet to see this time round) had loads of energy and just carried on as normal. This time is so different- do you think there is any correlation to the sex of the baby and symptoms? Has anyone had two completely different pregnancies and had a different sex for each?
Obviously I'm not bothered either way, but it's something to take my mind off the stupid bloody nausea!

littlepooch Sat 13-Jan-18 17:33:10

Hello all.

5+1 and tiredness has hit today. I so wanted a nap but with 2 little ones I couldn't! smile

LostMyBaubles Sat 13-Jan-18 17:52:15

Second I would use bp story

I've been in a foul mood all day today 😡
Very pissed off lol

Fia if you're worried get it checked
Fwiw my pain was due to stuck 'bowel gasses' 😶

Fia256 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:54:46

Not worried enough to get it checked before Friday. Just had the same feeling on the other side so I think it's just all the aches and stretching. I think it's just my anxiety and expectation of it all to go wrong again!

Mrsssmith11 Sat 13-Jan-18 18:03:18

@flybynight1 from my calculations I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. Possible due date buddies?

@Secondsop can't you just say it's a private medical appointment. Surely you're under no obligations to tell yet?

blondie1001 Sat 13-Jan-18 18:04:02

I’ve been wondering the same thing @ShutTheFridgeUp - I had hardly any symptoms with my first and now I’m a bloated, nauseous, exhausted mess...with a toddler to run around after. Why couldn’t it have been the other way around? But yeah - wondering if it’ll be a girl this time.

Paranormalbouquet Sat 13-Jan-18 18:05:41

I’m far more nauseous this time but I think less tired (I was working 90-100 hours a week last time though which might be why!).

Mrsssmith11 Sat 13-Jan-18 18:07:40

I've got such bad toothache. I'm going to have to go to the dentist. I know I'll have to tell her I'm pregnant so I've been putting it off. Also, I hadn't even bothered contacting dr surgery, I know they'll just tell me to contact mw for booking in appointment, but I want to get the flu vaccine. Saying it loud makes it seem more real. I've told a friend, but by text, haven't said it out loud to anyone yet.

Mrsssmith11 Sat 13-Jan-18 18:11:34

My nausea didn't kick in until week 6-7 last time, but lasted until approx 20 weeks. Once I had to hang out my car door to vomit on my way home from work. Pregnancy is classy. I've started feeling a bit unwell today, but nothing serious.

zooz Sat 13-Jan-18 18:17:59

Can I join? Got my BFP today. Due end of Sept with #2 smile the tiredness is immense at the moment.

Lineeye Sat 13-Jan-18 18:31:16

Marking my place. I’ve had some nauseous this afternoon which has been reassuring.

twiggy123 Sat 13-Jan-18 18:34:29

The blood pressure appt sounds fine I'd go with that.
6+4 and different symptoms and less severe but very tired every evening.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: