Talk

Advanced search

September 2018.... still trying to believe it's a BFP

(1000 Posts)
Jfw82 Tue 26-Dec-17 20:47:51

Starting a thread with cautious optimism, BFP on Christmas Eve and again today (on ic, first response and CB digital blush) If all goes well EDD 3 Sept. this will be DC2 for us, DS is 13 months and completely shocked as this was first month TTC when last time took 6 months. Hope to have some company here soon grin

slytherindungeon Tue 26-Dec-17 21:42:05

Ditto - faint positive x 3 on Christmas eve! Although I've done a clearblue digital today and it came up 'Pregnant' so no arguing there! If all goes well, EDD will be 1st Sept. DD is 15 months old and this was also our first month TTC. Last time it took us 2 months... must be doing something right eh!

Namechangedtoscream Tue 26-Dec-17 21:47:32

Tentatively joining. Got my BFP yesterday and confirmed with fmu this morning. Going to the Dr tomorrow to get them to see if my consultant will see me as the plan is (due to a history of 5 consecutive miscarriages) to have me in from 6 weeks and do fortnightly scans. I'm going to place mark in hope. Congratulations ladies.

Jfw82 Tue 26-Dec-17 21:53:09

Welcome @slytherindungeon and @Namechangedtoscream . Hope all goes well namechanged fx for all of us

Bearsonstairs Wed 27-Dec-17 07:15:10

Been waiting for someone else to do a September club! I got a surprisingly strong bfp on 22nd Dec, which was 12dpo but due date is 2nd Sept based on LMP. This is my first and we’ve been trying for seven months with some issues with my luteal phase so my main feeling is relief at the moment! Can’t quite believe it’s real. I don’t seem to have any symptoms at the moment though and keep waking up expecting to have sore boobs or something.

Herecomesanotheron2018 Wed 27-Dec-17 08:11:11

Ooh can I join in please?

Got my bfp last Friday. I think I'm due very end of August/beginning of September. I did join the August group but with over 1000 posts I'm a bit behind, so thought I'd join here if that's ok smile

We've been ttc number 2 for a year, yet it was somehow a complete and utter shock to see that line on the test! It's only just sinking in now.

lmccorriston Wed 27-Dec-17 10:34:10

Joining this cause I had a clear blue digital positive this morning. My first born is 13 months and I’m a little freaking out but it’s just what I wanted!! Think I’m due on the 2nd Sep!
Ahhhh!!
Congrats everybody!

MonaTheMoaner Wed 27-Dec-17 11:38:06

Joining! Faint BFP Christmas Eve, definite BFP on a FRER yesterday morning and I’ll take a digital to really let it sink in Saturday as AF is due today/tomorrow. Due September 6th which makes me 3 weeks 6 days today.

Nervous about it all as I’ve been having period like cramps for the past week. The usual pulling, sharp kind of pains but nothing unbearable and no other symptoms yet. This is DC3 but I haven’t been pregnant for 7 years!

CuppaSarah Wed 27-Dec-17 13:45:45

Joining as I just got my bfp this afternoon. Very in shock, im 12/13dpo and this was our last month trying after an early miscarriage two cycles ago.

I'm due the 6th, although will likely be induced early as I had pre eclampsia last time. I have a four year old dd and a two year old ds. I think I may be mad having another!

CuppaSarah Wed 27-Dec-17 13:54:13

How is everyone feeling? I feel nothing but sore breasts at the moment. Although all the bloated acheyness I put down to over indulging may be early pregnancy. Two weeks till morning sickness hits though.

Namechangedtoscream Wed 27-Dec-17 14:02:21

I've been sick a few times. My mum and sister's all had hyperemisis from 4 weeks so family history means I will probably also be doomed if this one sticks!

CuppaSarah Wed 27-Dec-17 14:18:18

Wow being sick already is a good sign the HCG is doing its thing, but I really hope you don't end up with hg. I hope we all have enough morning sickness to be reassuring, but not enough to be debilitating!

Paranormalbouquet Wed 27-Dec-17 14:25:52

Tentatively joining in. Got BFP last week, currently 4+3 I think. EDD will be 2nd of September if it sticks but have cervical issues meaning a very high risk of miscarriage/preterm labour so am not confident and probably won’t make it to September anyway!

This is #2 for us, have DD who is almost 4. Had a medicalised pregnancy and bad delivery last time leading to a uterine/cervical tear during EMCS (hence high risks this time) so will be an ELCS if we get that far. Had a chemical/early miscarriage in September so fingers crossed this time!

I’ve had some cramping which I do recall from before so hoping it’s ok. Also some low level nausea but that may have just been from overindulgence over Christmas! Otherwise just copious amounts of CM. Tying my hands together to keep away from the pregnancy tests!

Jfw82 Wed 27-Dec-17 14:45:46

Welcome everyone! No symptoms at all (so have been testing every day to check it's true blush) last time I had vv sore boobs early on, then from about 6 weeks nausea and sickness from lunchtime til evening every day (until about 18weeks) I wouldn't mind if I didn't have that this time round.
Have done my self referral to local mat services today so expect I'll get a call next week to get the process started. This was our first month trying this time so still in shock (DH more so!)

MonaTheMoaner Wed 27-Dec-17 16:24:05

Symptoms for me are pulling/cramping pains that have been going on for about a week now and sensitive, heavy feeling breasts but not terribly so. I’m testing every day to check too! Took a £1 cheapie last night and got a faint positive and another FRER not with FMU today that is darker than yesterday so all good signs. Ordering a bunch of internet cheapies on Friday so I can test every other day until the end of January and put my mind at ease that there’s still a line before a viability scan.

I hate to say it but I can’t wait for more overt symptoms like sickness to prove to myself that this is real. Right now I’m terrified of bleeding and losing this very very much prayed for pregnancy so I’m doing everything thing I can to keep my mind at ease and stay zen-like. I know there’s nothing I can do to stop it if it happens but positive affirmations and cheap tests really do help seeing the line get darker and all.

I’m going to call the GP when I’m five weeks so next Thursday and get the ball rolling on a booking in appointment. We’re travelling to London in the 2nd to see Hamilton so I’m hoping 4+5 will be the same symptoms as now and not sickness!

Paranormalbouquet Wed 27-Dec-17 16:33:52

Hi Mona, I followed you from the conception thread. I cracked and took another First Response with a dilute urine- line showed immediately and was almost as dark as control by 3 mins so that’s reassuring. Now to stop myself doing any more!

MonaTheMoaner Wed 27-Dec-17 17:03:35

That’s amazing Paranormalbouquet! When will you be due? flowers

Paranormalbouquet Wed 27-Dec-17 17:05:00

September 2nd I think. Although unlikely to get to term if I get through the first trimester!

Zoey36 Wed 27-Dec-17 17:05:20

Hi all! Thanks for creating this thread.

I got a surprisingly strong BFP 11dpo on a FRER and I tested again today at 16dpo and got a slightly stronger one so I guess that's good.

This is my first pregnancy and I am just filled with worry all the time. I am so anxious that this bean won't stick. I know it's will because there isn't anything that i can do but I guess it's fairly normal to worry I guess.

Zoey36 Wed 27-Dec-17 17:06:02

*I know it's silly!

MonaTheMoaner Wed 27-Dec-17 17:11:22

Paranormalbouquet how many DCs do you have? How close to term would you go?

It’s not silly Zoey36! I’m a worrier and I know lots of other mums to be are too, especially in this stage where the next two months are ‘nothing months’ when you don’t get to see your baby, have no idea what’s going on and apart from a few symptoms and a midwife appointment that’s all about you, nothings really changed. For me, this stage is always the hardest but we’re all here to support each other and talk out our symptoms and lives that we wouldn’t be able to do offline this early. Plus, our offline friends would get really tired of it whereas we don’t wink.

Zoey36 Wed 27-Dec-17 17:20:36

@Mona thank you! You are so right! I am keeping very quiet about this IRL so having people to 'talk' to on here is so good. It's very weird knowing there js something in there but having nothing to show for it...other than sore boobs! I'm hoping this thread will become a nice community of mums xx

Paranormalbouquet Wed 27-Dec-17 17:26:00

Zooey totally normal to worry lots. Expect that to continue for the next few years!

Mona have 1DD. She’s almost 4. I have a short cervix so high risk second trimester loss or pre-term birth but no way of knowing. In the event that I get past that time I expect will be elcs at 39weeks as risk of rupture would be too high if I labour naturally.

Jfw82 Wed 27-Dec-17 17:33:15

@Zoey36 welcome, this is dc2 for me and I created this thread as the mums to be I found on MN last time were such a fantastic support network to talk about anything and everything!

For now I'm only telling DH so this is somewhere for me to be able to talk about it grin

Herecomesanotheron2018 Wed 27-Dec-17 17:42:47

I'm another worrier, so you're not alone. I'm terrified I'm going to end up having a miscarriage. I don't know why, I guess you just hear about it happening so often, unfortunately.

I was incredibly anxious in my last pregnancy though - even after the 12 week scan. I worked myself up into a state over reduced movements so many times, that in hindsight I can see the level of anxiety I had wasn't normal (I did have my reasons at the time though) and that I was unwell. So I'm hoping this time I can be more relaxed and enjoy the pregnancy!

This thread is not accepting new messages.