Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

July 2018 babies - part 2 :)

(618 Posts)
Skyechasemarshalontheway Thu 21-Dec-17 13:11:35

Made a new group

LittleBirdBlues Thu 21-Dec-17 13:48:34

Thank you Skye!

Heregoeseverything Thu 21-Dec-17 14:54:57

Thanks @Skye , and for your comment at the end of part 1!

Winterfellismyhome Thu 21-Dec-17 14:56:58

Congratulations on your baby boy @Heregoeseverything smile

Heregoeseverything Thu 21-Dec-17 15:14:50

Thanks @Winterfellismyhome ! It's not guaranteed, sonographer said she would never usually comment at a 12 week scan but that the baby had (ahem) an usually large appendage grin so she would say 75% boy.

I've tried not to stress too much as there's nothing that I can do, but had the most awful stress dream last night - dreamt I had a miscarriage the night before the scan (there were loads and loads of blood-covered plastic tubes coming out of me and into the toilet - ?!) and then my good friend told me she was pregnant and due the day my little one would have been born, and then I told her I'd had a miscarriage and she said I caused it myself because I had over-exercised (in real life I have barely left the sofa!). It was a very vivid, horrible dream, so a real relief to see the little fellow on the screen, bouncing away! Definitely might cut back on morning tea though, he was demented! DH said, "Well he certainly appreciates an audience, like his mother" grin Had you had caffeine before your scan @winterfellismyhome? What is your EDD?

Heregoeseverything Thu 21-Dec-17 15:32:30

Oh my God it looks like I'm having a little girl with oversized labia grin. I've just had my Harmony test results back. They said low risk all chromosomal disorders, and contrary to what sonographer thought this morning, 99%+ it's a little girl!

Skyechasemarshalontheway Thu 21-Dec-17 15:47:04

Congradulations smile before 16 weeks girls genitals are oversided and reduce. Its one of the main reasons people are told boys instead of girls accidently.

Glad your harmony was clear.

Heregoeseverything Thu 21-Dec-17 16:14:19

Thanks @Skye that's reassuring!! But would have thought the sonographer would have had a better idea of these things, it's odd that she volunteered a fairly strong opinion of her own volition if it's so hard to tell (we certainly didn't ask her to!). She was comically rude, when the baby appeared and was turning somersaults and doing jazz hands I started to laugh and she snapped, "WILL YOU STOP THAT, please, how am I supposed to do this when you are BOTH moving?" !

To be honest, I was so worried about the health of this little one that I skipped out of the scan this morning thinking it was a healthy boy, but if I was forced to choose I probably would have picked girl. I would like to have a girl at some stage - would be equally happy with boy/girl, or two girls, but if I'm honest my preference would be that one of my children be a girl so not two or three boys, so I'm delighted... feel a bit sexist having a preference as I am a feminist, but I like the idea of raising a kick-ass girl!

Winterfellismyhome Thu 21-Dec-17 17:12:50

Haha @Heregoeseverything its such a relief to see the heartbeat and baby moving. No caffeine this morning just loads of water. EDD is 3rd of July smile

Heregoeseverything Thu 21-Dec-17 17:19:44

@Winterfellismyhome It really is... the sound of the heartbeat pumping away is just so incredible! Hard to believe these little people are growing inside us!

karategirl Thu 21-Dec-17 19:34:12

Great news about the scan @Heregoeseverything

I've had my scan date through today - 11th January, when I'll be exactly 12 weeks. Although I'm going to try and change it, as my husband won't be able to make it if it's on t

karategirl Thu 21-Dec-17 19:34:49

(try again!) if it's on the Thursday, and he'll be devastated if he can't come to the scan.

Skyechasemarshalontheway Thu 21-Dec-17 19:57:52

Karate we have the same date for scans i will be 13 weeks then though. I only had my booking today.

Buglife Thu 21-Dec-17 20:13:37

My scan is 11th Jan as well! I’ve just been on a city break with my DH and DS and I am exhausted. Wish I could rest but had a lot of Christmas stuff planned before I got pregnant so I have to do it! I’ve been sick a few times even with medication so I dread to think what I’d be like without it. Just a few more weeks before I feel better anyway (and judging from last pregnancy I’ll feel much better when I’ve had the baby!)

BlueeSpottyTiger Thu 21-Dec-17 21:02:26

heregoes oh gosh, She sounds alittle overbearing. I'm glad your scan went went!
My mum was really laid back when i had my dd. She never gave the pointless advice, she just helped me to learn to be a mum in my own way, There to lend a hand if i needed her but was never too full on. I had her at the birth and was very glad to have her there, she was far greater support than dp lol.

winterfellisnyhome so glad to hear you have a healthy little wriggler! Can i add i bloody love your name!

little yay! Great scan news Congrats! I'm 9+4 too, although I'll get a more accurate date tomorrow.

Absolutely pooping myself for my scan tomorrow. Terrified of another mmc.. sigh!!

InstructionsRequired Thu 21-Dec-17 21:03:08

Sounds like it's been a busy day for scans, had mine today too, dated 12+1, 5 days ahead of my early scan at 8+3 which was a nice surprise. Over the moon to see the baby is growing well and heartbeat strong and hoping this means the start of relaxing into pregnancy instead of worrying about everything! Due date moved forward to 4th July and mega excited that we can start to tell friends over the Christmas break as only parents and siblings know so far. Going to try and keep it from work until I start to show as can't face the hassle of that reveal just yet!

@heregoeseverything your sonographer sounds AWFUL! Congratulations on finding out you're expecting a girl! I can't believe harmony tests can tell you gender so early, that's amazing! I'd never heard of the test before reading this thread and now wish I'd gone for one too.

BlueeSpottyTiger Thu 21-Dec-17 21:04:38

here congrats on the girl!!!

Alexandra87 Thu 21-Dec-17 21:33:10

Congratulations @Heregoeseverything can I just say though I have 3 little boys and wouldn't have it any other way despite what I may have thought before I had them 😉

Winterfellismyhome Thu 21-Dec-17 21:35:09

@BlueeSpottyTiger ah thank you! Good luck for tomorrow thanks

Skyechasemarshalontheway Thu 21-Dec-17 23:17:06

Glad everything went well at your 12 week scan instruction.
Feels like the 11th jan is so far away.

I have 1 ds whos 6 and 1dd whos almost 3.

Is anyone still adding people to the facebook group? If so could one from there pm me and i can sent my facebook details please smile

AnythingNotEverything Thu 21-Dec-17 23:34:39

Hi all,

Just stumbled across the new thread so marking my place :-)

We've not had a great day. Got a call from the screening midwife to say out combined screening came back as 1 in 133 for Edwards/Patau's. We had bloods done today for the IONA screening but due to bank hols it'll be 2 weeks before we hear back. Feel totally in limbo as I know what we'd do if it were confirmed. Don't want to think about it tbh.

DirtyThirties Fri 22-Dec-17 06:52:19

Heregoes - Excellent news on the harmony results, that must be a real relief.

Anything - I'm sorry you've had worrying news, not sure what happens next as this is all new to me, but I've found this link www.ruh.nhs.uk/patients/services/maternity/iona.asp?menu_id=13, if you open the PDF at the end it is reassuring to see that the combined test can give a lot of false positives, leading to unnecessary worry, and the Iona test should be much more accurate. It's a horrible time of year to wait, so massive sympathy to you, but also remember nothing has been confirmed at this point.

Skyechasemarshalontheway Fri 22-Dec-17 09:23:32

Anythingnoteverything. So sorry you have this stress, its such horrible timing to. I hope the results come back that everything is fine.

Heregoeseverything Fri 22-Dec-17 09:35:02

I'm so sorry to hear this @Anythingnoteverything. As you'll be fully aware, 1 in 133 is still an over 99% chance of no Edwards/Patau but I know that any risk is stressful. And a horrible time of the year to have it hanging over you. Hope you get the results you want in early January flowers

Heregoeseverything Fri 22-Dec-17 09:46:30

@Alexandra87 I don't doubt that if I had only boys I would love them fiercely. I just felt it might be a little hypocritical of me not to admit to @peachesarenom my own slight preference at this stage! I feel a bit embarrassed to have a preference given that I really don't believe in "girls are sweet and soft, boys are dirty and loud" stereotypes - I was a tree-climbing girl with lego and remote control cars and enjoy the company of males and females equally. I also don't believe that girls are always more dutiful as is often assumed - my DH is much more dutiful than I am to my DP!

I do also genuinely feel incredibly lucky to have got this far with - so far, fingers crossed etc - a healthy baby. I'm just so excited to have a little person! My DH pointed out that from the baby's jazz hands performance on the scan yesterday, if it was a boy it would have been a very camp one - the best of both worlds?! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: