Talk

Advanced search

June 2018 #3

(141 Posts)
ClareB83 Thu 30-Nov-17 00:04:20

Just restarting the thread as we're close to 1000 posts

June 2018 babies #2 http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/3059704-June-2018-babies-2

Mummyloves09 Thu 30-Nov-17 06:41:29

@ClareB83 thanks for continuing the thread.
Just marking this thread 😊

sausagerollsrock Thu 30-Nov-17 06:52:26

lulu I'm in the same position as you, was unable to have the combined screening. I've been stressing abit as I just want to know everything's ok as soon as possible. I've booked to have quad test at my 16 week appointment in a little under 2 weeks (I'm technically a may due date - 29th) I will be glad once it's done and I have the results.

Lulu298 Thu 30-Nov-17 07:44:41

Glad to hear your quad test is soon sausagerollsrock. Mine is in three weeks and it feels ages away plus I imagine I won't get the results till the new year because it's booked so close to Christmas. I'll be 18/19 weeks by then.

Have you started telling people?

Lulu298 Thu 30-Nov-17 07:54:31

I was going to tell my boss this week. It turns out she has been signed off for potentially two weeks!

Sleeeeeepy Thu 30-Nov-17 12:44:06

@ClareB83 Thanks for restarting! I've got my 12 week scan tomorrow, I'm excited and also suddenly scared that something's wrong. I had a dating scan at 8+5 but can't help worrying confused

ClareB83 Thu 30-Nov-17 13:44:05

That's normal @Sleeeeeepy. I saw my babies at 11+4, I was still anxious for the dating scan at 12+5. I'll probably be a bit anxious for all the scans!

senzaparole03 Thu 30-Nov-17 13:59:24

Off topic, I find it SO bizarre that there is a limit to a thread on MN.

Other platforms can go on for years for 1 active thread. So weird.

Flyingfruit Thu 30-Nov-17 14:27:29

Just marking my place. I was starting to feel better this week and now I’ve got the lurgy and feel dreadful again! Hope everyone else starting to feel better.

sausagerollsrock Thu 30-Nov-17 14:38:54

I've told close friends and family. They all know I'm a worry wart so they are all excited and I'm the one saying 'but I've got to get through this and that first'. I'm not one for big announcements on Facebook or anything anyway and everyone has been told to keep quiet on social media. Im self employed with a client base, I'm hoping to hide it from them as long as possible because I just know they will all start panicking about what they will do when I'm off for only 3 bloody months maternity leave.
I'm hoping to have my results by week 17 but it's such a worry. Then there's the 20 week scan to contend with. Gosh I'm going to be a wreck by the time I'm due!

backformore Thu 30-Nov-17 16:46:12

Got combined 12 week scan and blood results today, and all looks very low risk, so that's a relief. But then my midwife decided to try to find the baby's heartbeat with a Doppler...and no joy. Apparently this isn't cause for concern given last week's scan being fine - she said it's often hard to find a heartbeat with a Doppler at this stage - but of course now I'm wishing we hadn't even tried! Next app is Jan 2, so I'll have to wait until then to try again...

Lulu298 Thu 30-Nov-17 16:48:13

Snap sausagerollsrock! I'm a total worry wort who doesn't like to get overly excited about these things. Part of me wishes I lived in the times before tests, scans etc when you just waited it out.

Is this your first? We've got to remember the odds are in our favour smile

Caspiana Thu 30-Nov-17 16:51:22

Good luck to all those with scans coming up!

ClareB83 Thu 30-Nov-17 16:53:17

I'm sure it's fine @backformore and @sausagerollsrock I was the same. My mum wanted to tell the whole world immediately and I was all 'risks reduce at 12 weeks we want to wait'.

When we had a scare (I had a big bleed) I think she realised why we'd wanted to wait. But she still seems to think that if I think good thoughts nothing bad will happen.

Which is total bollocks. Me knowing anomalies are sometimes found at the anomaly scan (hence its bleeding name!) and that my pregnancy is slightly higher risk for being twins etc does not make bad things happen.

Korez Thu 30-Nov-17 19:01:57

Anyone finding it uncomfortable sitting for long periods of time (eg at work/driving) I keep getting an lower abdomen ache...?

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Fri 01-Dec-17 07:56:57

So do risks reduce at 12 weeks even if you haven't had a scan yet? I am terrified about mmc based on no other reason than a close friend had one a few months back.

Lulu298 Fri 01-Dec-17 08:17:55

The miscarriage rate after 13 weeks drops dramatically I seem to remember. Probably because all the major organs exist by then and the body has had a bit of time to figure out if they are working ok (or are going to work ok).

The physical act of scanning doesn't decrease your risk but seeing a heartbeat on a scan does if that makes sense?

Caspiana Fri 01-Dec-17 09:03:25

@korez no it’s standing that’s uncomfortable for me!

For the miscarriage risk, it goes down after the scan but sadly prior to the scan there is no way to know for sure there hasn’t been a MMC. The risk of an MMC at 12 weeks is low though, I think it’s about 1-2% so your chances are very good.

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Fri 01-Dec-17 09:20:24

Thank you ladies. 6 more sleeps to go!

Mummyloves09 Fri 01-Dec-17 10:08:52

The worrying never actually goes away.
I keep on having a reoccurring nightmare of the baby being tangled by the umbilical cord (round the neck) at birth. It's so random but keeps on raring it's head.

I'm also counting down to my 12 week scan, 3 more sleeps.

ClareB83 Fri 01-Dec-17 10:43:05

I've had some terrible nightmares. Really vivid ones about miscarrying and one where I suddenly realised my ex-boyfriend from 7 years ago was the father and not my OH. Was awful! Although thankfully pregnancies are not 7 years in length!

sausagerollsrock Fri 01-Dec-17 10:54:03

Yes your right lulu. I read the other day we are now at lowest risk we will be through the whole pregnancy.
It's my first baby but second pregnancy. I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks in April. This pregnancy from day one has felt 'different' is a positive way though so I'm hopeful. smile
Is it your first baby? Have you decided to tell many or going to keep it under wraps?
korez I've had tummy ache which feels like period pain but I've read should stay off dr google really that it's about now that round ligament pain can kick in.
mummy I think hormonal changes can make anxiety worse. I know I'm worrying about non pregnancy related stuff more than I would pre pregnancy and I know a lot of menopausal ladies suffer with anxiety due to hormones.

Korez Fri 01-Dec-17 17:02:12

It's comes and goes.. weird...

Woohoo 2nd trimester today.. going to tell my dad this weekend... actually getting nervous lol

Lulu298 Fri 01-Dec-17 19:55:55

Sorry to hear about your missed miscarriage sausagerollsrock. It must have been awful. flowers

This is my second. Still find it hard to cope with anxiety. Have told immediate family and think I will tell friends next weekend (and hopefully my boss next week if she's back).

I've definitely had round ligament pain. My scan was quite painful at times when she pressed on the tender areas.

ArkadyRose Fri 01-Dec-17 21:11:24

@Mummyloves09 If it helps, the cord was wrapped around the necks of all three of my kids at birth - all three were fine! DD3 ended up being an unattended homebirth (she couldn't wait for the midwives to show up!) and I just unwrapped the cord from around her neck myself and she was fine. If rather unimpressed. wink

I'm 10 weeks today, so that's one little milestone reached; my first ever mc happened at 10 weeks, back on Christmas Eve 1992. With that one, the embryo hadn't developed past 4 weeks, and having seen the heartbeat for this one at 7 weeks I know the risk of losing it is 2%. I'll still be reassured by the scan on Monday when I have the Harmony test though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now