Talk

Advanced search

May 2018 thread 3, 12 week scans and heading towards the 2nd trimester

(697 Posts)
Whatamuddleduck Wed 18-Oct-17 19:25:19

As the 2nd thread is full I've started this one. Hope everyone finds it!

Whatamuddleduck Wed 18-Oct-17 19:29:24

Just home from 12 week scan. Such a relief as all was well and baby showed us a headstand and a moony. Phew! I had been weirdly worried that he would have somehow disappeared since 7 week scan. Quite enjoyed comparing 'bumps' whilst waiting (mines made of pastys mainly).

Good luck to those with scans coming up and yikes to those finding out they are expecting twins. Friends with twins tell me they are knackering but worth it. They do all seem like cheeky babies, probably because they all have someone to be in cahoots with.

Poppy012 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:10:21

Thanks for the new thread!

Yay so glad the scan went well, you have made me even more excited for mine now tomorrow grin
Did you drink lots before the scan I’m worried about holiding it in I’m terrible when nervous 😂

HerSymphonyAndSong Wed 18-Oct-17 20:29:50

Thanks for the new thread

I do hope that the person aggy thought she was going to be sick on in a meeting was an annoying person

Aggy106 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:36:01

Thanks for the new thread! I completely forgot we were on the last page!

symphony they were quite annoying in that they were stopping me from eating my lunch (at 11:30!)

Random question but is anyone else burping much much more than usual?

Whatamuddleduck Wed 18-Oct-17 20:36:27

Apparently I didn't drink enough. I had 3 cups of water and didn't dare drink more! They said ideally I'd have had double, but I pee every 5 minutes and didn't think I'd last!

Aggy106 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:37:09

muddle excellent news about the scan, really pleased it went well.

HerSymphonyAndSong Wed 18-Oct-17 20:56:44

Yes I am burping quite a bit. It seems to coincide with the nausea (sometimes I burp instead of wretching!)

treehousemama Wed 18-Oct-17 21:36:18

Hi again after a few weeks away from the thread. Exciting to read of everyone's booking appointments and scans.

Still waiting for my booking in appointment, next Tuesday 23rd. Will get a date for a scan then too. I should be 10 weeks exactly next Tuesday so hoping for a scan date within two weeks but who knows. Nausea is horrendous here, and lots of weird retching with mostly no actual vomit (although there's been some of that too). My stomach feels like there's an iron fist around it squeezing on and off and on and off, gives me sweats and also teeth chattering! I'm OVER IT!! And yet also so grateful to have symptoms still, after a mmc years ago with a sudden disappearance of symptoms, and then five long years waiting to fall pregnant again. Got to keep my eyes on the prize!

NannyGR Thu 19-Oct-17 07:34:31

Morning ladies, just checking in!! Glad scan all went okay muddle and good luck for today poppy

I've had a bit of spotting since Friday, although very minimal now maybe once or twice a day just on wiping after a wee! So anxious that everything is okay I've booked another private scan for tomorrow!! I'm 11 weeks now but still don't have my nhs scan for 2 weeks, think because I've never reached this far in a pregnancy in 6 very long years of trying it's hard to make myself believe everything is okay!

Still have many symptoms though, sore boobs, constant nausea and still being sick at least once or twice a day!! Taking these as good signs and keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

How's everyone else feeling??

Poppy012 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:45:12

Oh gosh @muddle just going to try my hardest, as I’ve heard the image is not as clear without a full bladder!
@nanny thanks it’s at 10.30 so not long to wait now 😁 sorry to hear about the spotting I had it for 3 weeks was torture! Hope the scan goes well for you tomorrow smile

LadyPug Thu 19-Oct-17 09:48:31

Ahhhh hey everyone! Didn’t realise there was a new thread! Thought it was strange to wake up to no new messages! Hoorah muddleduck glad scan went well, I’m so pleased we are finally reaching the scan stage! It is really dragging at this end!!

MotherOfBoy Thu 19-Oct-17 10:07:02

Good luck poppy! I think they say to drink a pint an hour before?

Got my scan date - 3rd November still ages away.

Thought I was going to wet myself on way to work today my pelvic floor is shot really need to do my kegels... it was a pretty dire situation!

Poppy012 Thu 19-Oct-17 11:16:27

Thanks for the well wishes ladies
Scan was amazing baby would not keep still.
Been brought forward to 29th April ❤️

Poppy012 Thu 19-Oct-17 11:17:27

12 weeks 4 days

LadyPug Thu 19-Oct-17 11:25:17

Mine is 10 days after you Mother forever away! Oh poppy how incredible! Yay!!!!

Whatamuddleduck Thu 19-Oct-17 12:14:50

Yay Poppy! That's so lovely!

katiegd Thu 19-Oct-17 12:38:51

Hi all, I dropped off previous thread, but just catching up. @Poppy012 that's amazing - so pleased for you. My scan isn't til next Tuesday and I think I'll be well into 13 weeks by then - so want it to be over.

Poppy012 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:56:43

Thanks guys, so relieved as had no symptoms past few weeks and no bump lol smile

Poppy012 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:57:40

I bet @katiegd hope the scan goes well x

Aggy106 Thu 19-Oct-17 13:07:08

Hurray! Glad lovely pic poppy glad it went well.

Hope the scan goes well katie

Those of you with kids already, did you end up eating loads throughout your pregnancy? I'm eating little and often to keep the nausea at bay but I'm finding I'm eating absolutely tonnes overall and if this continues I'm going to be huge! I'm like a hobbit, I now have second breakfast!

Hairgician Thu 19-Oct-17 13:13:54

Shit another one started! Too much to keep up with!!
How is everyone?? I have my 12week scan on mon morning! Excited and nervous for it! Had been scanned anyway on both hospital admissions but it's been a few weeks since then.

katiegd Thu 19-Oct-17 13:38:25

@Aggy106 me! I have a very pronounced bump now, which I think has nothing to do with the size of baby/uterus and everything to do with the fact I'm eating about 6 meals a day smile. I've put on about 5 pounds already.

Hoping it tails off as I get into second trimester or I will be a whale by the time I give birth!

katiegd Thu 19-Oct-17 13:38:59

(I should say I don't have kids already)

Gyoza Thu 19-Oct-17 14:01:32

I can’t stop eating, I normally have a big appetite but this is disgraceful. Also started to get quite constipated which isn’t helpful. Scan is not til 6th November, seems forever away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now