Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Antenatal classes in Hackney

(19 Posts)
lululondon82 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:06:46

Hello =)

I'm looking for recommendations on Antenatal classes in hackney/Stoke Newington. There seems to be a few, so very hard to decide. Any recommendations really appreciated, thank you!

Betsy1988 Tue 28-Nov-17 22:54:37

I am trying to figure this out too!! There’s so many, I really want to try hypnobirthing too. When are you due xxx

lululondon82 Wed 29-Nov-17 07:59:49

I actually signed up with Jessica James in the end as so many people recommended her classes and I liked the schedule she has planned. I’ll be starting classes in January and I’m due end of April smile when are you due?
For hypnobirthing a friend recommended a book and dvd so I’m just waiting on those to arrive actually!
Also homerton hospital offer some free antenatal classes which you can book direct with them too xxx

Betsy1988 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:01:33

Ooo I’ll look up jessica James thanks for the recommendation!! I’ve signed up for the free antenatal classes with Homerton, they’ve booked me in for April as immdue in june. I’ve got my scan a week on Tuesday feels like forever away, so due date could change but I don’t think it will drastically, I had an early scan at 8wks. Can I ask what the book is your friend recommended? I’d love to get it, my friend is currently doing hypnobirthing classes in Hertfordshire and it’s almost half the price of London!!

Is this your first? Xx

Lulahackney Sat 06-Jan-18 16:53:45

Hi ladies,

I’m also curiously about the hypnobirthing DVD and book mentioned by lululondon82 smile Especially after Finding out that hypnobirtung courses are all around 300£ per couple in Hackney...

My little one is due in May and I’m also planning to deliver at the Homerton hospital. I’ve heard the free antenatal classes there are good, but will also sign up to the ones offered by NCT, as those seem to be better for meeting other parents-to-be!

lululondon82 Sat 06-Jan-18 18:42:53

I hope the scan went well Betsy! Odd only just notified of your post now. Did you end up signing up with Jessica too?

Lula , I ended up getting ‘The Hypnobirthing Book + Hypnobirthing Relaxation CD’ from amazon. Haven’t started it yet though! I better hurry up and start reading smile

I’m always looking to meet other mums to be in the area smile maybe we can organise a local meet up as we’re all due within a month of each other.

Lara

Impala1980 Tue 09-Jan-18 20:04:38

Hi Lululondon, Betsy and Lula! I also live near you all (Shoreditch) and am due with my second in April...
Would love to meet up with the babies once they’re here!

Anna

Lulahackney Tue 09-Jan-18 23:11:25

Hey girls,

I'm happy to meet up as well! Are any of you going to prenatal yoga or pilates classes in Hackney?

I was thinking of getting the intro offer at yogahome in Stoke Newington for 40 pounds per month to try out all their yoga and pilates classes: yogahome.com/pages/pregnancy-birth-beyond

I'll probably to this Sunday. Let me know, if any of you would like to join, we could grab some coffee afterwards :-)

Lucia

lululondon82 Wed 10-Jan-18 07:18:11

Hi Lucia,

Great idea about Sunday! Is that the 10am yoga class? And are you registering online or on the day?

Lara

lululondon82 Wed 10-Jan-18 14:11:42

@Lulahackney I booked my sunday class, 10am , so hopefully meet you there!

Lara

Lulahackney Wed 10-Jan-18 23:13:21

Hi Lara!

I'll sign up on Saturday to the class 10am class on Sunday to make the most out of the 30 days offer :-)

Will keep you posted,
Lucia

olicat Wed 10-Jan-18 23:48:14

Thought I'd say hello as I'm having my baby at Homerton towards the end of April - doing the Homerton antenatal classes and hypnobirthing with Michelle Pearson (East London hypnobirthing).

Defo up for meeting local mums!

lululondon82 Thu 11-Jan-18 06:43:21

Hey Lucia, Yes unfortunately I thought 30 days would start from the first booking but that’s not the case! So I’m losing out on a few days.

Olicat - sounds good! I’ll be doing the homerton classes too I think starting in Feb on Sunday’s smile

Lulahackney Sat 13-Jan-18 11:10:42

Hi Lara,
I just booked the 10am class for tomorrow! See you then X

lululondon82 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:10:22

Great! See you tomorrow! smile

Mrene Fri 26-Jan-18 18:41:04

Hi all,
@olicat what do you think of the hypnobirthing with Michelle Pearson? I'm thinking about it as well. I'm a bit late I know.

I'm also due end of April at Homerton. Will do Homerton classes on Thursdays in February.

hope to meet some of yousmile

olicat Sun 28-Jan-18 10:07:23

Mrene I'm starting next week so will let you know! I'm doing the Homerton antenatal classes on Wednesdays sadly so won't get to meet you there. Will make an effort to get to the yoga at some point!

Juwel Sat 28-Apr-18 13:01:34

Hi girls, I am due in late July so am in my last trimester. Anybody knows of good Pilates around shoreditch/Islington? I did few at light centre near moorgate but would be nice to find something local. Hope all your pregnancies are going well!

Valentina1189 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:17:51

Dear Hackney moms,
Hi! My name is Valentina Olper; I am an Italian student training
in psychotherapy living in Hackney. As part of my training, I am
required to do a baby observation to help me understand the
development of a newborn, by attending the interaction between
a mom and her baby from birth onwards for an hour a week. An
infant observation is an incredibly rewarding experience for
everyone involved. If you feel like this is something that you
would like to take part in, I would love to hear from you smile
you can email me at: valentina.olper@gmail.com

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: