Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Royal Free Hospital Hampstead parent education

(3 Posts)
blandontherun Tue 10-Oct-17 08:43:45

Hi all,

New her! Nice to meet you all.
Does anyone have experience of using the ante natal education classes at the royal free hospital Hampstead? Or indeed just general info about experiences there. Due in Feb and will be there so trying to work out if it’s worth using the classes instead of the £££ Nct!

Fredthefrog Thu 12-Oct-17 07:14:26

Advice I have had is NHS classes are good for info and the nct is good to create a network of people. If you already have a strong network of mum friends the NHS classes are fine. I don't know anyone with a baby so doing nct for that reason. My friend who's child is 3 and a half didn't do nct and didn't have any mum friends until then last year or so. I plan to try and do the NHS classes as well but in North Finchley they are 1-.3pm on a Friday so probably can't have the time off for all 3.

TriJo Thu 12-Oct-17 11:09:55

Not the Royal Free, but we're at the Whittington for the second time and we did both the NHS and NCT classes last time. NCT was great for the network, but a little light on certain things and a bit too focused on natural unmedicated birth considering from our group of 8 couples we had 3 c-sections and 3 inductions. The NHS classes were good for hospital-specific information, we did the standard antenatal one and the active birth one as I wanted to use the birth centre.

This time I can't be arsed paying for NCT, particularly because it's not even two years since I had my son. My husband missed both the NHS classes though so I'll drag him along this time. They were on Saturdays last time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now