Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2017 #6

(332 Posts)
PingusMistress Mon 09-Oct-17 22:28:07

Hope this works! A shiny new thread for our soon-to-arrive shiny new babies.

Attempt to link to the spreadsheet:
http://go.mumsnet.com/?xs=1&id=470X1554755&url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pa8LZMKMLvREYH4kFiNqn1dD7aTb053cT_KHvghwvSM/edit?usp=sharing

GimbleInTheWabe Mon 09-Oct-17 22:32:45

Whoop thanks @PingusMistress!

leannejade Mon 09-Oct-17 22:37:16

I can’t add my details to that spread sheet but I’m due 2 weeks tomorrow.

Not really feeling pregnant (weirdly), just getting super impatient now!
The anxiety of actually being a parent and having a baby to look after has kicked in, though - I have no idea what I’m doing! I’m formula feeding and I don’t even know how to make a bottle up!

Bobbiepin Mon 09-Oct-17 22:37:31

Thanks @pingusmistress. So many new threads to keep up with!

TheLegendOfBeans Mon 09-Oct-17 22:38:31

Yes! Placemarking x

mrsbumblebees Mon 09-Oct-17 22:40:32

Thanks for the new thread smile

SophieGiroux Mon 09-Oct-17 23:17:01

Forgot who asked now but I've been getting lots of tenderness around the belly button like it is bruised but think it's just where it has expanded to the limit! Bio oil seems to have kept the stretch marks away though unless any appear in the next week or so (39 weeks today). Lost count of how many 200ml bottles I've got through!

Still feeling pretty normal at the moment with occasional heartburn but not as bad as earlier in pregnancy. Debating whether to paint some skirting boards tomorrow as I know it'll bug me seeing them unfinished when sat there breastfeeding all day!

GimbleInTheWabe Tue 10-Oct-17 00:13:09

That’s funny @SophieGiroux someone (sorry I’ve forgotten who!) just posted in the old thread about their belly button feeling exactly as you described! Mine sometime feels a little tender but hasn’t felt more so. I’m v jealous you’ve had no stretch marks, I’ve got bloody loads now (despite moisturising etc). Mostly underneath my bump and I’m hoping they’ll fade away but they’re pretty unsightly at the mo.

As for heartburn I’ve had it pretty much the whole way through, it’s so miserable isn’t it? The only positive is that it means I’m drinking sooo much water to alleviate the burn which is always a good thing.

DP and I dtd so fx it kicks something off tonight! I have my mw appt tomorrow and really don’t want to get that 45 min bus, or be pressured in to a sweep!!

xflipflopx Tue 10-Oct-17 02:08:32

Hi all just added my details to the spreadsheet (hopefully anyway)
Due 23/10
Hope you don't mind me tagging along for the ridesmile

Nessalina Tue 10-Oct-17 04:55:43

Marking my place so I can see how all you ladies get on! Just doing a middle of the night feed with DD - a week and a day old 
Apparently stretch marks are mostly genetic @GimbleInTheWabe , I got loads first time round, despite moisturising religiously! My stomach genuinely looked like I'd mauled by a grumpy tiger. On the plus side they faded to silver quite quickly, and I didn't get new ones this time, though a couple of the old ones stretched a little further up my belly in the last few weeks.

PingusMistress Tue 10-Oct-17 06:55:05

It was me that asked about tender belly buttons, glad I'm not the only one! I don't have any stretch marks yet (although there is still time) and I didn't last time, neither have my mum or sister so the genetic theory could be right.

Welcome flip flop!

I have a consultant appointment today so I really hope my blood pressure isn't high again. I'll be putting my hospital bag in the car just in case.

mrsbumblebees Tue 10-Oct-17 07:21:30

Welcome flipflop smile

The last of my NCT group ladies (other than me) has just gone into labour and I'm feeling irrationally jealous and left out Haha! I'm still only 38+5 and don't feel like anything will be happening any time soon, I'm going to be weeks behind everyone else, it seems nearly everyone in our group went early!

asilikeit Tue 10-Oct-17 08:14:18

New thread!

Sweep for me this morning confusedI think I might actually cry if she can't reach cervix/ do one properly! Everyone has promised me you start dilating earlier with number 2 ! Fingers crossed!

TippetyTapWriter Tue 10-Oct-17 08:21:09

Thanks for the new thread pingusmistress. Good luck for your appointment, and to you too asilikeit! Hope it does the trick.

I feel so weird at the moment just carrying on with life as usual, normal routine with ds of groups, park etc. And yet waiting for this really momentous thing. Keep thinking there should be more to do in preparation but there's nothing except waiting!

My heartburn has got a lot worse in the last two weeks. And like my first pregnancy all my stretch marks have appeared in the last month. Was hoping I wouldn't get new ones as surely I'm already stretched from last time!

SophieGiroux Tue 10-Oct-17 10:22:48

Has anyone prepared any meals to freeze? Just wondering if anyone has any good recipes to share? Might as well do something constructive while waiting smile

GimbleInTheWabe Tue 10-Oct-17 10:24:24

Welcome @xflipflopx and good luck today @asilikeit with the sweep!

I need some advice please ladies! So as I said DP and I dtd last night (poor guy, think he felt like a bit of equipment ha). Anyway I wasn’t 100% sure but I thought that my waters may be leaking, didn’t feel a pop or anything but had some silky feeling liquid that didn’t smell like wee or semen (soz for tmi). Anyway went to sleep feeling exciting that things may be kicking off and then nothing happened. This morning I have mild period pains and pinky discharge and it’s mainly the discharge that I’m worried about.. is this okay/a normal sign of labour starting? I actually have a mw appt later but not until 2:50 so I don’t know whether i should wait until then or call someone (who?!). I’ve got a pad on to keep track of anything that decides to come out.

PingusMistress Tue 10-Oct-17 12:35:04

@GimbleInTheWabe I think pinky coloured often means it is waters, fingers crossed! Or maybe some mucus plug. I was advised to call the labour ward if I thought waters had broken or 2-3 contractions every 10 minutes, but also if I was at all concerned or in need of advice. So I guess it depends how you feel, don't be scared to call.

@SophieGiroux I previously made shepherds pie, lasagne, and fish pie in batches and put them in those disposable foil takeaway containers in the freezer - you can get 10 for £1 in pound shops and they just go straight in the oven. Very handy! I recommend making things you can eat one-handed.

mummabubs Tue 10-Oct-17 13:26:01

Thanks for the new thread @PingusMistress! And welcome to @xflipflopx 😊

@SophieGiroux I've tried to think of food that can be eaten with one hand (apparently this is the way to go?) so I've made loads of homemade soups and frozen both single and double portions, we've got some fish pie in individual tin foil dishes and we went to Costco last weekend and stocked up on some basic freezer food that we can just bung in the oven.

I'm now 40+3 and still no sign of Bubbabean. Went to aquanatal this morning and really went for it in the hope that does something and have just had some very spicy soup for lunch (might have bunged in a whole extra chilli pepper, might regret that later haha!!)

Hope everyone else is well and ticking along nicely xx

SophieGiroux Tue 10-Oct-17 13:29:06

Thanks for the suggestions! I lost my baby weight really quickly last time as I could never eat due to clingy baby and lived on toast and biscuits. Want to be a bit more organised this time as don't think it was great for my milk supply, probably why she was such a grizzly baby!

mummabubs Tue 10-Oct-17 13:31:45

Ooo, just seen your post @GimbleInTheWabe. (Firstly, fair bloody play to you as my hubby suggested we try the DTD method of baby extraction yesterday and I just physically can't face it right now!) 🙈 Hmmm... could be waters or could be plug. I think if I were you I'd be waiting and then telling the midwife at my appointment- as if you call the ward they'll ask you to go down so you'll miss your midwife appointment and then if it is waters they'll just tell you that you'll need to come back if labour hasn't started within 24 hours... and if it's plug then they'll send you home anyway! (Don't get me wrong, if I didn't have a midwife appointment on the same day anyway I'd definitely be calling). Putting a pad on is the best thing to do according to the antenatal teacher we had and you've done that! Eeee I've got fingers crossed for you that this might be the start of something. (And if it is I might take this as a sign to somehow get over my discomfort and 'use' my husband to try and get things going at this end!)

TheLegendOfBeans Tue 10-Oct-17 13:33:30

@SophieGiroux

I have made ALL THE CURRIES

Chicken Tikka Massala
Lamb Rogan Josh
Thai Green Curry
Thai Red Curry
Jungle Curry

plus we have frozen 2500000 little rice portions too.

I hope the baby likes chillies.

TheLegendOfBeans Tue 10-Oct-17 13:35:17

@Gimbleinthewabe

Get an internal exam if you can at your appointment, sounds like things are moving....

asilikeit Tue 10-Oct-17 14:36:11

I'm in a much better mood after sweep- cervix was in the right place- easy to find apparently smile- and soft and she managed one finger in. I'm just happy it wasn't still pulled back and hard! It's restored a bit of confidence in my body doing what it's supposed to!

GimbleInTheWabe Tue 10-Oct-17 14:39:00

Thanks for the advice everyone. I called up the labour ward and now I’m At the midwife assessment unit, looks like it may be a long wait and I’m really not feeling comfortable. Period like cramps and back ache and really hot! She asked me if I’m having any contractions when I got here but I don’t really know what they feel like. Think it might be an hour or more wait blush so glad I bought snacks with me (always prepared!). I’ll ask for an internal scan @TheLegendOfBeans, thanks.

Also @mummabubs the sex actually wasn’t that unromantic, I mean there were more laughs than usual and DP certainly had a job to do rather than being able to enjoy it. I actually was really surprised that I had an orgasm haha!

Nessalina Tue 10-Oct-17 17:26:58

Hope things are moving along @GimbleInTheWabe !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now