Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

June 2018 Babies

(1000 Posts)
ladydolly Tue 19-Sep-17 05:57:20

Looks like I'm the first one here! A thread for those with babies due in June 2018.

ladydolly Tue 19-Sep-17 06:02:09

I'm a grad of the lucky TTC #2 September BFP thread. I've had 3 days of BFP's getting darker so finally brave enough to start a thread. Due date around the 2nd June. I'm not even 4 weeks yet though.
This is my second, my dd is nearly 3. I had a CP before conceiving her and one while trying for this one so I'm a little nervous. I won't call to book in until at least 5 weeks I think. I'll also continue poas and temping. Because I'm an addict.
I already have some nausea and breast pain. And with DD I was already out of some of my skinny jeans by 6 weeks so I need to think about how I'm going to hide this one!

Hopefully I'll have someone to chat to on here soon! Here's to an uneventful 9 months.

McTufty Tue 19-Sep-17 11:00:34

Hello! At the moment, my due date is 27th May based on my last period but because I'm a late ovulate, once adjusted for ovulation my due date is actually 1st June so maybe I'll be joining you soon!

So sorry to hear of your CP. I am also nervous as I have low progesterone (I think), so trying not to get excited. FRERs are quite positive but was not any darker today than yesterday sad

ladydolly Tue 19-Sep-17 11:18:00

Hi mctufty we were on the TTC boards together. Congrats! I'm the same, by my period dates I'm due 31st May but adjusted to 2nd June. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Are you going to keep testing?

McTufty Tue 19-Sep-17 14:01:16

Congrats to you too! Not sure! I feel that by testing I am going to drive myself mad, but equally I am obsessive so I probably will! I will try to leave it a couple of days. I have hardly any symptoms except needing to wee all the time! Not sick and my boobs are fine!

I'm going to book a 6 week scan, so as long as I can get that far, I'll either know for sure it's not viable, or if it is viable, the risk will be right down to 5% or something. So the best two weeks will be tough waiting it out but we are used to waiting from TTC!!

ladydolly Tue 19-Sep-17 20:41:58

I reeeeally want to book and early one but DP is not keen on the expense. I have a meeting I have to fly to at 8 weeks so I'd rather know before then if there's a problem.

Elliekins Tue 19-Sep-17 23:06:21

Hello ladies, and congratulations!
I'm tentatively joining you on here after 5 a positive test today... think I'm due 1st of June.
This will be baby no.2, I have a daughter who's soon to be three.
Somehow I'm more nervous the second time than the first... 😬

HistoricalCheesecake Wed 20-Sep-17 09:31:28

Hi everyone! Congratulations on your BFPs. smile I just tested this morning and got quite a decent positive result (period due in the next couple of days), so I’m crossing my fingers that it will be a sticky one! Due date should be June 18th if my calculations are correct. I have an 11 month old son and I’m both super excited and thinking I’ve gone insane. 😂

ladydolly Wed 20-Sep-17 09:45:17

Hello ellekins and historicalcheesecake!!!

How is everyone feeling? I feel sick from about 5am until about 9.30. It wakes me up but at least then I'm not feeling rough the whole day at work. Not too tired yet but with DD although I had earlier nights I never got the bone aching exhaustion that others talk about. So fingers crossed because I have a busy couple of months coming up at work!

McTufty Wed 20-Sep-17 12:17:19

Welcome ellekins and historicalcheesecake! Congratulations. Glad it's not just me feeling so nervous!

18th June, are you sure? I'm 14dpo today and I'm 27th May. Then again I've no idea how all this works, it's my first!

@ladydolly I'm feeling fine, my only symptoms are being MASSIVELY bloated and needing to wee every 5 minutes! I'm a little tired but could just be the lack of caffeine!!

HistoricalCheesecake Wed 20-Sep-17 13:21:41

McTufty You're right! I just calculated my DD again and it came up as June 1. facepalm That's what sleep deprivation does to you, haha.

I haven't felt sick yet, although I noticed the past couple of days I've felt more tired than usual. I'm really hoping exhaustion doesn't kick in so soon though! Maybe it's a fluke? fingers crossed

Sorry to hear about your nausea, ladydolly! Have you found anything that helps or have you just been riding it out?

ladydolly Wed 20-Sep-17 13:35:36

I had some travel sickness bands with DD so I think I need to dig those out. Eating helps but it's a fine line between eating enough to feel better but not so much that I then feel sick again! I ordered some maternity tights today so I can wear my normal dresses and not feel the pressure on my bloated belly.

Dp is still in denial, he did this last time too, he just needs a couple of weeks to get his head round it again, I think the CP's worry him and he thinks I'll lose it again. Quite possible but I do feel quite pg for now. But it means I don't have his support yet, I told my bff so she is doing a stellar job of sending sympathy via text.

elliekins have you thought about when you'll tell your daughter? Mine is the same age so I'm wondering. I'm already having to try and stop her from jumping on my tender belly!

Elliekins Wed 20-Sep-17 15:25:33

I'm feeling a bit weary and nauseous but I'm not sure how much that's just in my head!
Definitely a bit bloated too and vaguely prickly boobs earlier but the boob weirdness has gone again.
Not sure about when to tell DD, she loves babies and will be super excited.
I work as a nanny and she comes to work with me so once she knows - EVERYONE will know, including my boss!
Probably by about 8/9 weeks I suppose, once the MC risk has gone right down, if I can hide it that long 😬
My slight 'paunch' from last time hasn't gone, I've spent nearly 3 years complaining about still looking pregnant, so that with bloating and nausea-induced carb loading and I've probably only got a few weeks!
Have been thinking about doing the Harmony screening test and that includes a scan at 10 weeks but it's expensive.
Seems forever to wait to 12 weeks.
My OH isn't massively enthused either, despite knowing full well what the objective has been for the last few months.
Took him a while last time too but it's really irritating. All I got was a "bloody hell" followed by a "Well just don't get your hopes up yet". 😮
When are you thinking of telling your little one Ladydolly?
How's everyone else doing today?

Elliekins Wed 20-Sep-17 15:27:41

By that I meant not massively enthused YET.
😳

ladydolly Wed 20-Sep-17 15:48:55

Elliekins all the same here, I still have a 'mumtum' so at least that means all my tops and jumpers are baggy enough to cover for a few weeks.

I will be around 12 weeks at DD's birthday, I would ideally wait until Xmas since it's such a long time for her to wait but I guess we'll be talking about it in front of her before then.

She's been asking me for a baby brother or sister for about year so she'll be made up when she finds out. Actually a couple of months ago she told our childminder that I was having a baby... awkward!!

Your OH sounds like mine, he'll get on board in a couple of weeks but doesn't want to get his hopes up. In fact when I told him he said 'right' and carried on scrolling through his phone.

lampert Wed 20-Sep-17 17:58:30

Hi ladies, can I join you?

I got my first bfp yesterday and I am petrified, and super excited! I'm sooooo scared that it will be a CP or won't stick. This was our first month of trying so I'm feeling very shocked!

I did a test yesterday morning at 11dpo expecting it to be negative and there was something there. Later in the day I did a frer and a Cb digital (--and another 3 today)-- and they are all positive. Fingers crossed!!!

AF would be due tomorrow so hopefully I don't see her.

I think that makes me almost 4 weeks, due 31st may according to the NHS calculator.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations!!

ladydolly Thu 21-Sep-17 09:48:07

Welcome lampert!

Wow I am WAY more emotional than I was last time. I am plotting the death of a colleague over a very minor disagreement. This does not bode well for poor DP...

17caterpillars1mouse Thu 21-Sep-17 13:13:55

Hi everyone

Got my BFP yesterday EDD is 1st June smile

Already have DD who is 16 months next week. She will be just turned 2 when baby is due.

Exciting

lampert Thu 21-Sep-17 13:33:30

Thank you @ladydolly. I hope you are feeling calmer now!

Welcome @17caterpillars1mouse! Congratulations.

I have the same EDD as you, on some calculators.

I am quite confused because some calculators say 28/05 and some say 01/06. I have not-quite-regular cycles (but app says 31 days) and I ovulated on day 19 and had a positive test 11dpo / CD30. I know the exact date really doesn't matter, except of course I can think of nothing else except this massive piece of news and am obsessing a bit and therefore of course it matters (in my head). I think DH thinks I've gone mad....!

I did my 7th test this morning, and was relieved to see the line was a bit darker than. Tuesday morning's. Anyone else testing daily like a total lunatic?

ladydolly Thu 21-Sep-17 13:41:17

Hi @17caterpillars1mouse

Yes my date keeps changing too, I think it's prob 1st June, it'll get changed at 12 wk scan anyway I guess but yes for now, most important thing ever!

I'm still poas every morning! I've got loads of IC so may as well use them up.

I've calmed down for now, mornings are worst for nausea and temper it seems, must be the hormones.

17caterpillars1mouse Thu 21-Sep-17 14:10:10

I'm testing daily though lines are really dark anyway but testing until af doesn't turn up when she tomorrow.

By when I ovulated Dd is 28th May however i know midwives will go with ladt periof so I'm using that. DD was 10 days early so will probably be a May baby too

BoofayTheOompaLoompaSlayer Thu 21-Sep-17 14:23:31

Think I might join you guys if that's ok? I'm due 29/5 but I've always gone overdue so I reckon I'll end up with a June bub.
I have three older kids (17,12 and 5) so this is pregnancy number four.
I've already had some spotting so trying to not get my hopes up too high. Just going to not so patiently wait until I can have an early scan!
I'm an older mum at 36 and this pregnancy was a complete surprise!

lampert Thu 21-Sep-17 14:29:40

Welcome @BoofayTheOompaLoompaSlayer 4th baby!! Wow!! Fingers crossed all ok for you. A bit of spotting isn't unusual is jt?

@17caterpillars1mouse my internet cheapie line wasnt very dark before (though the frer was) so I'm relieved to see they are now dark. I will probably indulge myself a couple more days and then if all is well I'll try and refrain for a while! I was gonna buy myself some more clear blue digital tests because I am desperate to see the '1-2' weeks change to '2-3' as a sign things are moving in the right direction!

ladydolly Thu 21-Sep-17 14:30:44

Welcome @BoofayTheOompaLoompaSlayer I'm even older than you at the ripe old age of 38. I went 15 days over with dd but I think I'll have an elc so will prob end up with a May baby.

I just called the docs to check the booking in process since I needed to book flu jab in anyway and they booked the MW app next Thursday! Shit just got very real. I was very surprised to go so early but I'm about to get very busy with work so that's convenient and I'll be consultant led so good to get those appts in too. But if it doesn't stick I'll have to undo all of that sad

17caterpillars1mouse Thu 21-Sep-17 15:16:45

Wow that is early. Booking in appointments are at 9-10 weeks here

This thread is not accepting new messages.