Talk

Advanced search

May 2018 thread 2: first trimester, early scans and first heartbeats

(1000 Posts)
cautiousoptimist1 Mon 18-Sep-17 21:04:32

Ladies,

Welcome to thread 2 for babies due in May 2018.

Looking forward to early scans, seeing the first flutters and progressing further into the first trimester.

MotherOfBoy Mon 18-Sep-17 21:17:07

Hey lady! 👋

Wow xjo we only had two pool rooms in my previous hospital and where I am now there's only one in MLU and one in hospital!

MotherOfBoy Mon 18-Sep-17 21:17:22

Thanks for new thread cautious!

MammaBear18 Mon 18-Sep-17 21:17:49

Whoop whoop new home!

ladydolly Mon 18-Sep-17 21:22:40

Hi @motherofboy!! Feels like home there's so many of us here!!

Catndogmummy Mon 18-Sep-17 21:26:09

@Californiadreaming15 I have spent the last two weeks persevering at work whilst being very conscious that I've not been doing a very good job because I've been so distracted :-( I've also ended up with sinusitis on top of the sickness because I'm so running down... today I've finally accepted defeat and signed myself off for a few days. Work can't put pregnancy related sickness on your record for attendance got management purposes so maybe a couple of days rest might do you good?x

Hairgician Mon 18-Sep-17 21:28:44

I've no idea what my hospital has. First time round I went 11 days over then waters broke without Labour starting so induced which ended with emcs.
In 2 minds wether to just request a cs this time.

cautiousoptimist1 Mon 18-Sep-17 21:31:24

Hope you don't mind me sharing this but I found our stats so if anyone wants to add your details, our stats sheet is here:

Hope that works!

NannyGR Mon 18-Sep-17 21:32:02

Just checking in ladies, constant daily nausea but had my first episode of being sick tonight, quite reassuring after an extremely anxious weekend with a small amount of spotting!! First midwife appointment tomorrow and early scan booked for Sunday when I shall be 7+4, hope everyone else is feeling okay!!

cautiousoptimist1 Mon 18-Sep-17 21:32:56

I really feel for those of you working. I remember the tiredness and needing to graze all day just to get through the nausea, I used to have an hours drive each way too.

Although saying that I'm not looking forward to those days when the tiredness really hits and running around after my super active toddler!

Xjo1992x Mon 18-Sep-17 21:34:48

Oooo a new thread smile love being on here with you guys! Means there's someone I can talk to other than my husband

MooChops89 Mon 18-Sep-17 21:39:10

cautious I don't seem to be able to edit it on my phone, any ideas?

Well I got cocky earlier when I said nausea had subsided, treated myself to a McDonald's, felt like crap then proceeded to have the worst vomming session yet! Also someone else said this on FB, but I'm SO LOUD when I'm sick! Hope to god I don't get sick at work or the game is up 😂

Xjo1992x Mon 18-Sep-17 21:39:39

@cautious how do I add myself to the stats?

Hummingbird15 Mon 18-Sep-17 21:45:59

Megsmog* sorry to hear about your scan - I had the same thing happen on Friday. I had a scan at what I'm convinced was 6+2, but measured at 5 weeks. I have to book another scan for 2 weeks later and am currently feeling very much in limbo. Hope all is ok at your next scan.

timeisnotaline Mon 18-Sep-17 21:50:44

Hi all smile might wait till 5 or 6 weeks to add myself to the stats, feels a bit preemptive at 4 weeks!

InRainbows Mon 18-Sep-17 21:56:33

Evening All,

Just popped myself on the sheet, surprised I'm the only one from Surrey! I am 5W+2 tiredness is my main symptom atm getting stingy eyes throughout the day!

Looking forward to sharing in this wonderful experience with you all, will look forward to seeing the first of the 12 week scan pics coming through!

Jaronior Mon 18-Sep-17 21:57:05

New thread, hopefully after my scan tomorrow I'll still be able to stay on it blushabsolutely bricking it! Let's hope I get to stay on here for the long haul.

Californiadreaming15 Mon 18-Sep-17 22:10:12

@catndog I think I'm going to have to do that. Could do with being tucked up in bed rather than running about at work.

Booking appointment is on Monday so that will be another milestone.

Talking of births, this will be my first, I was so apprehensive about giving birth when trying to conceive I read a really good book that helped. I'll dig it out and post the title.

LadyPug Mon 18-Sep-17 22:12:53

Hey everyone! How are we on our second thread already?!

Catndogmummy Mon 18-Sep-17 22:16:55

@California I'd appreciate it if you could let us know the name of the book... it's my first and the thought of giving birth scares the hell out of me, I would much rather have a c-section!

cautiousoptimist1 Mon 18-Sep-17 22:34:47

moochops and jo, there should be a pencil/edit icon in the top right and you can add yourself then. I can add your details if you'd prefer or maybe someone else can advise!?

MooChops89 Mon 18-Sep-17 23:04:26

cautious no pencil icon for me... Just opens as a view-only pdf hmm

PhoenixDown Tue 19-Sep-17 00:43:45

checking into the new thread!

Currently on a night shift and OMG I'd give my right arm to go to sleep right now 😴😴

electricblue2017 Tue 19-Sep-17 03:50:58

@ladydolly how big was big? My ds was fairly substantial but didn't realise this could make you consultant led. I'm hoping for an elcs

HerSymphonyAndSong Tue 19-Sep-17 05:12:57

Thanks for the new thread

This thread is not accepting new messages.