Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

We're hugging our pregnancy pillows and tena lady whilst battling scanxiety and thrush in giant coats. Never ever overshadowed by Princess Kate, it's JS Grads 49!

(124 Posts)
pretzelpieces Thu 07-Sep-17 22:43:46

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the 49th grads thread... celebrating the success of Just Shagging in getting us viroids upduffed!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The 48th grads thread is here.

The thread we have graduated from is here in its 63rd outing. WARNING: they're all a bit kerazy not to mention randy!

There is also a Just Mumming thread here for once your babies come along, or to keep up with the graduated graduates!

There is also a private facebook group (so it doesn't give the game away in your news feed!)... if you want to join to see photos of new babies etc, just ask in-thread!

Here is the stats list, please update your own spot with any updates.

justtheonethen Fri 08-Sep-17 07:12:45

Love the thread title pretzel smile

14 weeks today, bring on the glow! Have officially moved into mat clothes, cannot believe my stomach this week! A friend gave me a massive box of lovely clothes so I'm going for it. Why be uncomfy? I may never wear real jeans again!

Booked a last minute holiday yesterday, going to Turkey for my birthday. Leaving Sunday, can not wait!

SofiePendragon Fri 08-Sep-17 08:14:01

Thanks for the new thread pretzel

just how exciting - last minute adventures are the best!

I wore my last maternity jeans for well over a year post partum - only stopped when they got holes in. Regretting it now though as I missed the summer sale and my size is out of stock sad

Any signs of the hyperemesis easing for you yet?

I'm 18+5 today. Time feels like its dragging but I'll soon be halfway there! I managed to buy a few cute rompers suits that were half price in a sale this week. I don't think we need much this time round but it's hard to resist getting a few new bits and bobs.

NovaArt3mis Fri 08-Sep-17 08:48:07

Thanks pretzel, fab title.

The h&m maternity jeans are heaven.

20+6. Yesterday I had the most impressive panic attack so I'll need to mention that to my midwife on Tuesday. Thankfully I've had them in the past so I knew what was happening and DH was home to calm me down.

Ooh where are your cute rompers from sofie?

TriJo Fri 08-Sep-17 09:33:48

Woohoo, new fred - thanks pretzel smile

17+4 today, apparently the combination of wearing my London Marathon running jacket (because it was pissing rain and it was the first jacket that came to hand at home) and a Baby on Board badge breaks people's brains on the commute to work. Got funny looks from at least five different people over it.

Maternity jeans are the shit, but I favour Gap overbump skinnies over anything H&M do. I'm in H&M straight leg ones this morning and it feels like they wicked up half the rainwater in north London on the walk to nursery, stupid stumpy legs!

justtheonethen Fri 08-Sep-17 09:40:33

Gap over bump skinnies on here and they are the business! If you sign up to their VIP thing then you get 40% off!

HG is a fucker and isn't getting better, I've got stronger meds so not being sick but I feel nauseous all the time and basically just feel crap.

nova how scary, glad DH was there to calm you down.

tri love it!

I lied yesterday, 14 weeks today grin

TriJo Fri 08-Sep-17 09:47:43

I have two pairs from last time, I think a fresh pair might be called for smile

pretzelpieces Fri 08-Sep-17 17:34:12

nova ugh sorry for the panic attack. Do you know what triggered it? I have them at night - I wake up breathless and sweaty with my heart racing. It's exhausting! Hoping this therapy in October will help.

All jeans are uncomfortable this time around. I might get some more dresses as I'm seeming to find leggings or tights much better. shopping spree!

just sorry you're still feeling crap, I really hope it lifts soon.

One week until my 20 weeks scan, let the scanxiety commence.

NovaArt3mis Fri 08-Sep-17 18:50:30

tri I'd double take at you too because the only thing I'm marathoning is Netflix grin

Sorry you still feel crap just, I couldn't cope with constant nausea.

pretzel Not sure really, I woke up from a nap and started thinking about how much things were going to change and I liked it just me and DH so why did we do this, which quickly escalated to oh my god, it'll be 18 years til we're alone again, life is going to go so quickly and then I kid you not, 'we'll be dead soon'. Sobbing, hyperventilating, the full whack. All while telling DH, 'I know I'm being silly and this is just a panic attack'. It was impressive.

SofiePendragon Fri 08-Sep-17 19:13:57

nova rompers were from an independent online shop that was closing down - all stock was reduced by at least 50% to get rid of it. I'm musing about going a mum2mum sale tomorrow to see if I can get any nearly new bargains smile

Urghh! Panic attacks are horrible - even if you know that's what it is it's still such an awful feeling.

pretzel - when you wake up you're not lying on your back are you? I feel a bit like that if I roll onto my back at night (I feel dizzy too even though I'm horizontal) I think it's due to my uterus resting on my blood vessels and it goes if I roll onto my side.

pretzelpieces Sat 09-Sep-17 00:43:27

nova blegh, sounds like a doozy. I had a lot of the "Oh god what am I doing" fear last time, it didn't help that everyone was so doom laden about it. Why do people like scaring new mums? This time I'm more "where the hell will we live/fit everyone??!"

sofie I do get a bit breathless laying on my back but this is very different.

pretzelpieces Sat 09-Sep-17 00:43:59

Has anyone booked a flu jab yet? I've just realised it's that time of year.

justtheonethen Sat 09-Sep-17 08:06:12

Good reminder pretzel!

Yep the constant nausea is awful, I actually hate it more than the constant vomming I was doing before the tablets but it's obviously less dangerous!
I feel very resentful that my much anticipated pregnancy isn't going how I thought it would sad. I am worried that I won't be able to face doing it again, I so wanted a big family and infertility robbed that from me, now I'm not sure I can even face a second.

Sorry, bad mood this morning.

On a lighter note, DH has been harassing me to clean out my bathroom cupboard and I've been poo pooing him because "I need it all". Did it yesterday and threw away an entire bin bag blush. Mainly pregnancy test boxes grin

NovaArt3mis Sat 09-Sep-17 08:53:30

Yep, pretzel the let's scare new mums is doing my head in. Your nighttime waking sounds pretty awful. Any luck flat hunting?

I have my whooping cough vaccine in a couple of weeks so will book flu while I'm there.

just I feel the same and I don't even have HG. My first trimester was awful with sickness and now the SPD and headaches are so exhausting. I had dreamt about the pregnancy part of children for so long and it just doesn't suit me like I thought it would. I'm constantly moaning sad

Did you ever see the movie What To Expect When You're Expecting? I feel like Elizabeth Banks' character. I wanted this for so long and now it feels like everyone else is glowing and makes it look easy and I'm a hot mess!

Good cleaning! I love a cull.

What's a mum2mum sale sofie? Like those 'NCT nearly new' ones I hear about?

CountryGal4 Sat 09-Sep-17 10:13:12

You didn't throw away pregnancy tests?!?!!!

justtheonethen Sat 09-Sep-17 10:35:39

Pregnancy test boxes country! Not the tests! #slattern

nova spd sounds awful sad. Poor us, think you have nailed it, I'm definitely Elizabeth Banks' character!

pretzel missed your night waking, how scary!

SofiePendragon Sat 09-Sep-17 12:36:43

I really need to do a massive spring clean at some point before February. Our house is so full of clutter, we're bursting at the seams!

I don't know a single woman of my sort of age who enjoys being pregnant (ie who's been pregnant in the last 10 years or so). When I was a teenager I thought being pregnant would be awesome as I wouldn't have to deal with periods for nine months! How little I knew!

Mum2mum is a tabletop second hand sale for kids stuff - similar to a carboot sale I guess. www.mum2mummarket.co.uk/nearly-new-sales.html#.WbPQzBnTXqC
We didn't bother going in the end, but have picked up decent stuff at nct sales in the past. My other tip for second hand bargains is oxfam book shops - we have bought so many children's books from there over the past couple of years, all priced between 50p and £2 so a massive saving on the new price for children's books

justtheonethen Sat 09-Sep-17 12:46:48

That's a good tip sofie. I'm really excited about reading books to a child, finally!

DH was saying that he still thinks we should adopt our second child (as was our plan if ivf failed) and I agree. I would just need to get over feeling like I have 'babies' in the freezer which they aren't really. It was always my plan to adopt after having one child anyway. Obviously don't need to make a decision now but if I carry on feeling like this for the whole pregnancy I'm never doing this again!

pretzelpieces Sat 09-Sep-17 17:54:19

just it's shit luck and so unfair. You're allowed to moan about it. Unmumsnetty hugs. Impressed by your clear out. I did makeup/hair stuff/jewellery today. Currently tidying the living room table of its mountain of shite.

nova I'd completely forgotten about the whooping cough vaccine. God it's only been a year and a half and I've forgotten so much about pregnancy things! No luck on the flat hunting, no. We keep getting our hearts set on places only for it all to fall through. So hard not to get hopes up though.

We have a spin off Marie Kondo group on fb you know. Are you on the fb group sofie? I'm a bit obsessed with Marie Kondo I must admit. My flat will never live up to my ideal!

justtheonethen Sun 10-Sep-17 08:43:01

Holiday today, whoop! smile☀️️

justtheonethen Sun 10-Sep-17 08:43:53

Flat hunting is the pits pretzel, we are in house selling, or not selling hell angry

FuzzyOwl Sun 10-Sep-17 17:51:07

Thanks for the new thread pretzel. Hope everyone is ok.

We're going through double teething hell here at the moment.

pretzelpieces Sun 10-Sep-17 21:59:42

just Urgh. Not fun either!

fuzzy sympathy on the double teething!

Spent the afternoon in the pub with friends while DP had a blanket afternoon on the sofa watching kids films with DD. smile

FuzzyOwl Mon 11-Sep-17 08:08:16

Hope everyone has a good day today. DD1 was sick in the night, so we will have to stay in and have a quiet day. I could really do with lots more sleep but DD2 will be awake very soon so I'll have to get up.

TriJo Mon 11-Sep-17 09:17:37

If I could just crawl under my desk and sleep that would be great. I'm absolutely exhausted in a very first trimester sort of way and have been a total hormonal mess the last couple of days. My parents have been visiting so a crazy busy weekend, even with C being fantastic and sleeping the night (8:30pm-7am!!) I could still do with the morning in bed...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: